[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/ I have a hypothetical scenario, I know we like to talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Paratroopers_1972.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Paratroopers_1972.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
Hi /k/ I have a hypothetical scenario, I know we like to talk about using the Gray Man concept in the case of civil war/unrest and what have you. I have no arguments with grey man, its a great idea to keep a low profile.

What i want to talk about is the idea of high profile. The scenario im thinking of is some kind of invasion by a foreign country (yeah yeah i know it'll never happen but humor me).

Say Russia or China invades mainland America, the whole 9 yards like pic related.
Would Veterans and such just throw their cammies on to join the fight? Would the mall ninjas do the same? Would the concept of gray man not be used as much in such an overt state of war? Keep in mind im talking about the first few days where a lot of fighting would be going on. Anyways Id like to know what you guys think.
>>
>>33187243
No. I wouldn't throw my old cammies on because that is not how guerilla warfare is fought. The idea is attack and then blend in with everyone else.

t. Every guerilla warfare fought throughout entire history
>>
>>33187243
>guerrillas drawing attention to themselves
If they're in occupied territory they get shot. If they try to go to the front they get shooed away by actual military. Only hope is in the first day(s) of confusion to form some sort of impromptu militia and play dress up. The rest of the time it's sitting in an old building, tree, manhole, etc. in street clothes, take a shot, scoot.
>>
>>33187243
I'm sure there'd be plenty of people who'd try to fight back openly. Not sure how that would work with military operations...I imagine most would just get in the way and the military would encourage them to not fight.

But a few weeks after in any occupied territories, open fighting and covert resistance would happen.
>>
>>33187274
read the op... He's not talking about guerilla warfare after the occupation, he's talking about the open fighting immediately following the invasion.

Would you throw on cammies and link up with military force or just wait to be a guerilla
>>
Deep inna woods sure - inna urban/suburban environment where you just want to be able to go home to your safe house and kick it with a brew after greasing some chinks, no - you grey man, cache your shit, use drop guns/etc.
The only cammies you may ever want to don are the enemies.
>>
>>33187291
>>33187296
Or they would put them to use in second and rear line duties freeing up trained soldiers for combat.
>>
>>33187324
If the local reserves or National Guard were asking for former veterans to link up willingly, even though my 4 years inactive ended 2 years ago. Otherwise I'd do my own thing.

I wouldn't link up with militia because that'd be a clusterfuck.
>>
OP here

just a quick thought i forgot to add, I would certainly think it would help with being not identified as an enemy.
>>
>>33187243

>Would Veterans and such just throw their cammies on to join the fight?
Some would, but the smart ones would hang back and assess the initial threat
>Would the mall ninjas do the same?
No they'd probably play Rambo or do some watchdogs level shit and get innocents killed
>Would the concept of gray man not be used as much in such an overt state of war?
There have always been partisans, civilian informants, saboteurs, and the like in all major conflicts. Why wouldn't there be grey men in this one too?
>>
>>33187243
sometimes this board is so autistic.
you have your standard full kit and gray man scenarios.
i'm surprised none of you have started making more "specializations" like this was DnD.
why don't you make like a brown man concept, that is sort of gray man, but for trading with nearby factions and keeping a low profile. you could also have a gold man concept that is all about getting as much attention as possible so you can get raped by invaders while wearing a gold morph suit.
maybe a blue man kit, for harvesting berries in the nearby area forest, with high capacity tactical berry puches, and russian surplus gloves.
Let's be honest, this is like the interwar period.
none of you have any idea what would actually work or not if shit hit the fan.
>>
>>33187403
kys
>>
File: these are facts.jpg (234KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
these are facts.jpg
234KB, 500x656px
>>33187403
>>
All the big armies pretty much employ shock and awe and once you hear the first explosions in your neighbourhood you'll quickly hide instead of going inna woods. Have you seen those videos from Ukraine were artillery shells hit fields near commie blocks? It's fucking terrifying if it's suddenly so close to your home and you're happy once it's over and you didn't lose much. Maybe electricity gets turned off or the infrastructure gets hit by EMP strikes. Then the next day the occupying forces order everybody to turn over all or most personally owned guns and maybe even recruiting locals to keep up public order. People who don't comply get their houses searched and in a few days it's over and people have to try to find back into everyday life with enemy soldiers around and if it's the Chinese they could hand out legit dollar bills like nothing without even causing much inflation. People would get used to it and even though they'd censor the internet you'd get around it with proxies and nobody would really care just like the police don't care if you admit you smoke weed on the internet. As long as they don't act like nazis and stage public executions everything will go smoothly with most people as long as the invaders can keep the economy running. Napoleon won over the annexed parts of Germany by ordering a lot of stuff from average craftsmen thus bringing them closer to the French economy.
>>
>>33187535

You could destroy the federal government and split the US in maybe four big parts that are lose confederacies of states who are allowed largely independent legislation thus making them think they're somewhat acting like the founding fathers. Paint good old Washington on everything, keep the economy going at a low but steady pace, abolish worker's rights but Americans are used to that anyway. Keep gas rationed so people can't leave their place often and after they go shopping once a week there's not much gas left and there's not much they can do against you. Of course from time to time there will be somebody opening fire from a gun he had hidden somewhere but he will be taken out quickly. Local SWAT teams will be used by the occupiers. You have to keep up order after all guys and busting a meth lab with maybe one gun and some tweaked out dude inside is different than a military with tanks and snipers.
>>
>33187562

The American spirit of "let's get things to work" and "with enough effort we can do it" will be used to manipulate them. They'd probably wouldn't even have to change out a lot of politicians. Just send the senators to local parliaments where they can drain money from several small towns instead of one big city. Everybody would have to step back a little bit but once the defence budget is cut things get mighty different. A lot of money will flow to the invader, even if he didn't manage to take all of the US in one go.
>>
>>33187613

After 2 years of hiding out inna woods you decide you had enough of eating squirrels and you never bothered with actively attacking those enemies. You just became a fucking wild man and once you realise you could try to go back and get treated for all those parasites inside you, you drop your rifle into a river and walk to the nearest city were you get arrested. You think now it's all over and they'll execute you but they have no reports of any fights around the area, only an ambush on a truck a year ago and both attackers were killed. They treat you like a homeless person, get you a small appartment and a job at a supermarket. You wonder where you fucked up that badly 2 years ago. Newspapers report about that weirdo who lived in the forest for 2 years but after you shaved off your beard nobody recognises you.
>>
>>33187676

5 years, 10 years, a new generation ready that doesn't get taught about the great USA but of the big bully who chewed up everything, couldn't swallow it and puked it up again all over the place. People get to vote but it doesn't matter what they decide 500 miles away, they can't really come together although you can have extra gas for family visits from time to time. Flying within the former US is highly reduced, you need to prove it's needed for your job, vacations exist but are rare and there's no general travel season. The nicest places are especially secured and visited by tourists from the occupying country. More economical connections, more contact among the people.
>>
File: BlueMan.jpg (46KB, 515x482px) Image search: [Google]
BlueMan.jpg
46KB, 515x482px
>>33187509
>>33187447
>Berrypicker as fuck
>>
>>33187741

The world economy has noticeable slowed down but nobody dared to use nukes and the great catastrophe didn't happen. Maybe the big wars don't need to happen anymore. Everybody buys from China and they can't rebel against them and Russia would maybe be able to pull something off after many more years of serious preparations and maybe most of the world would have some 70s Soviet Union standard of living again. Who knows?
>>
Thanks /k/ for ignoring my short story.
>>
>>33187984

How many marijuanas have you injested tonight? The jews will bend over backwards to appease the chinks but the nukes flying would ensure it never gets to that point. Not to mention there is not a nation on earth with the sea or airlift capabilities to invade the USA.
>>
>>33188021

Many.

I know the scenario is unlikely to happen but I just wanted to show how the will to resist would disappear. Why did most people rebel against the nazis? Because of brutal supression and general misery. Treat the people like they're used to thanks to the US police state, don't act like a complete dick and keep the economy going. People yell all about freedom but in the end it's money in your pocket that counts and if you have been unemployed for a long time and get forced into a shitty job that keeps you busy you have no time to kill enemy soldiers. If there's no food rationing and good entertainment most people will be fine.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.