[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I stopped caring about literally everything related to infantry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: referfr.png (217KB, 721x620px) Image search: [Google]
referfr.png
217KB, 721x620px
I stopped caring about literally everything related to infantry gear or weapons once I did my military service

I realized 95% of war is just surviving

You have to walk for miles without hurting your feet and back or else you will be crippled for some days

You have to endure the hot (you can pass out) and the cold temperatures (you can lose a finger)

You have to stand the lack of sleep and being tired all day and being surrounded by other men (some of them will tell you what to do and what you can not do)

Once your clothes go wet (rain or sweat) you will need an entire day to make them dry again

Murphy's law works 100%, you may suffer things such as:
>your bottle of water opened in your bag
>you forgot to throw a banana of your bag and it ruins the other food
>your map or compass falls to the floor but its night and windy and you lose it

And if once you've gone through all of this, now you are fighting the enemy

and in this moment you don't give a fuck wether you have some autistic gadget on your gun rail or not
>>
File: pepe7.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
pepe7.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>>33185272
Ahhh yes, the suck! (Not to be confused with the succ, but we'll touch on that later.) What you my good man are describing is "the suck." It sucks doesn't it? Well that's where it gets it's name. Anyway, there are a few things about the suck you've clearly missed, and I'll now point them out in detail. The first thing about the suck is that once you've met it, it doesn't go away. The second thing about the suck, is that it only gets worse. The final thing about the suck, you'll miss the original suck.

The suck doesn't go away, so now you'll find yourself feeling the same suck, progressively creep into the rest of your life. Every, fucking aspect, will begin to fucking suck.

I said it gets worse didn't I? the suck is a progressive mental disorder. Once you've identified it, it just begins to add up. Things you used to enjoy will begin to become tedious. you'll try and keep doing them for that feeling you've once had for a hobby, but it's dead. There's no point, so just let them go now.

Now for the big fucking kicker, you'll miss the original suck. The suck you've just described, the suck of when you were a "badass" and life had challenges and difficulties to "just make it through." This is why you hear a lot of people who get out say, "I kind of miss that," even though you'll be fucking confused as to what they could possibly mean.

Long story short, you're broken now. you'll always have the suck, it won't go away, and you'll miss when it actually sucked. Have a frog, and drown your memories in beer.
>>
>>33185350
can you counteract the suck with the succ?
>>
File: 1488119343585.jpg (111KB, 467x470px) Image search: [Google]
1488119343585.jpg
111KB, 467x470px
>>33185350
>it's true
All of it.
>>
File: pepe10.jpg (55KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
pepe10.jpg
55KB, 957x621px
>>33185373
With the succ? Not really, but you can do it with hookers. The trick being hookers in a muslim country (like dubai) So when you politely ask her to not ask you for money again and she does anyway you can flip out and beat the shit out of her with zero repercussions as she was stealing from you and she's also a whore. Not to mention she'll go to prison for it if she does.
>>
>>33185272
>Pentagon budget vs Guys who carry guns in their pocket and bury 40 year old bombs
>it's never going to end
Make sure you're 100% covered in MOLLE, though.
>>
>>33185272
>I stopped being a CODbaby LARPer when I became a stupid boot.
Assuming this isn't just some faggot plant from another site then here is all I have to say: Nobody cares

It used to be that this board was for people who actively used guns in their free time or for work. But over time, asshats like OP infested the board with shit like the gear queer and military enlistment threads, both of which have almost nothing to do with weapons.

I like guns because they help keep me safe at home and when traveling to dangerous places, not because I wanted to be a hero like OP.
>>
>>33185272
I don't know what's more pathetic, you pretending you were Infantry, or these people in here falling for it.

Or is this meme roleplay?
>>
File: patta pääle.png (21KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
patta pääle.png
21KB, 657x527px
>>33185272
Same, after my 1 year conscript service I stopped caring about all military related stuff.

Took about 2 years to get the interest back. My dad always said the same.
>>
>>33185272
>mfw using a Vietnam era ruck sack in JROTC, just generally being around soldiers, and having a minimum knowledge of military history to know that the equipment doesn't make the man has left me zero interest to buy any surplus or military equipment
>>
>>33185476
You'll also go to prison too man. You're the reason for weekend briefs.
>>
>>33186151
In every battalion photo there is at least one dick hanging out.
>>
>>33185272
Then you ETS and your life turns into a trainwreck of instability and paranoia, leading to introversion and awkwardness. You'll feel nothing even though you're surrounded by those who love you most, an unending plethora of guilt, self hate, and anxiety. The worse your condition becomes, the less social support you'll receive. Stack that on top of the physical toll taken on your body and it makes you wonder if it was ever worth it? I just don't know anymore...
>>
Not thread related, but look at this sexy fucking weapon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Dodge-T800-Military-Refueling-Truck-/252787667747?hash=item3adb51b323:g:-HUAAOSw32lYslJX&vxp=mtr
>>
>>33186636
Would it be possible to run a line between the 5000 gal fuel tank and the truck's own fuel tank and drive around the US on a single tank?

Sure it'd cost $10,000+ to fill up (at least, here in Texas), but it'd be fun to drive around and literally never stop.
>>
>>33187067
I don't see why not. But I'd probably scrap most the shit on top or cut a door into it and make it a half assed tweaker looking camper.
>>
>>33185350
This basically describes my life and I havent even been to war. Is it related to having PTSD?
>>
>>33188092
Honestly, I think it's just part of being an adult. However I've only lived one life so I don't have anything to compare it to.
>>
File: Fugg.jpg (48KB, 480x740px) Image search: [Google]
Fugg.jpg
48KB, 480x740px
>>33185272
Just took my practice ASVAP and now I'm waiting on some papers to continue enlistment, thinking of CBRN as a mode of service, any CBRNSs here?

I'd ask in /MEG/ but it moves too quick and when it's slow, it's general just filled with questions and not answers.
>>
>>33188036
Most of what he describes is just over stimulation on your brain/nerves from service, which leaves you in a vapid existence. Some is relevant to PTSD I suppose. PTSD symptoms are going to be more in line of hypervigilance, anxiety, depression, obsessive thoughts patterns, feelings of doom/gloom, night terrors, social reclusion, weird shit like that...Being unable to sleep with a door open, Or clearing your house unironically to calm yourself if you hear your cat fart.
>>
File: bluecord.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
bluecord.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>33188132
It's a never been relevant field.

Earn a goddamn blue cord.
>>
>>33188159
Sorry meant for
>>33188092
>>
>>33188163
Well, combat doesn't seem bad to me, but I wanted something that might help me get a job afterwards.

Not to mention peacetime, so it would be doubly useless to choose anything combat related.

Which sucks, but I figured CBRN would be better than any other generic IT jobs they had.

Thoughts?
>>
>>33188092
Honestly you're just bored. Modern laws revolve around woman suffrage. Adopt the policy no cop no crime.
>>
>>33188218
Not him a different anon. Don't do combat arms. Learn a trade that you can transfer over to the civilian marketplace. I was an 11b for 5 years, got out, went to school for stupid liberal arts shit(waste), and now I'm 30 with no trades and still figuring out WTF I'm gonna do. But sure I have some tales as a grunt, which equate to shit. The average civilian has already met "SF Seals from Nam" 1000x in their lifetime, so they don't care about meager grunt shit even if it's legit
>>
>>33188268
What are you implying with this statement?
>>
>>33185350
alcohol is nerve poison lol
>>
File: IMG_20150923_152608044.jpg (872KB, 2430x1368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150923_152608044.jpg
872KB, 2430x1368px
>>33188218
Hmmmmm yes and no. Infantry is plenty fine for a job afterwards, especially since I'm assuming you'll be using your G.I bill?(pro fucking tip, you better) If not it really doesn't matter what job you do in what branch you'll get out and sit on your hands for a few months and end up working at walmart.

So either settle infantry or get a SF or ranger package to start. If you could make it into either of those elite, you'll have options left and right PRESENTED to you. If you can't and stick with plain jane infantry, you'll have to be super fucking friendly with everyone you meet not in uniform and suck their ass for references to whatever company they work for. That's the route I took.

>pic related, had it saved on my computer from a drunk pissing contest on here a while ago. I'm broke and in college now so it's meh. But it's really the route to go. Infantry or better then contracting. if that falls through use your G.I bill if it doesn't fall through hold off on the G.I bill while you buy your house.
>>
>>33187067

That's unrealistic for many reasons. The amount that would weigh. Expecting not to break down. Driver fatigue.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (108KB, 550x818px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
108KB, 550x818px
do you even operate faggot obviously not
>>
Just focus on the good OP. Remember the adrenaline addiction you acquired during deployment.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.