[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT you can ask me anything I am somewhat a professional when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: IMAG3140.jpg (129KB, 1500x841px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG3140.jpg
129KB, 1500x841px
ITT you can ask me anything

I am somewhat a professional when it comes to handguns. I have actually no idea about war, tanks, planes, tactics or stuff like that but I can tell you stuff about gunsmithing, building guns, different models, sportshooting, precision, and other handgun-related topics
>>
>>33184932
How many steps must a man walk down?
>>
>>33184932
What's a good blackpowder to start with?
>>
>>33184968
Hodgdon Pyrodex

(but actully I am not that much into blackpowder or reloading)

>>33184944
dont you mean "how many roads must a man walk down?"
>>
Is the Rhino actually worth the money?
>>
9mm or .45?
>>
>>33184932
My AK headspace is walking out, I filed SLIGHTLY on the locking lugs because headspace was too tight. Could that have been enough to take away the case hardening?
>>
>>33184932
Is there a sort of golden ration for locking lugs and how much to chamfer them?
Perhaps for barrel tilt, or, in the case of a break top revolver, the spindle the chamber sits on versus the hinge in terms of height?

How about feed ramp dimension advice?
Any mathematical formulas to determine proper magazine spring pressure to ensure optimal feed rate versus pain in the ass loading?
>>
1911 and Hipower:

Shockbuff or no shockbuff?
>>
>>33185089
Not him, but check your barrel pin, as well as your trunnions for deformation as well as your bolt.
>>
>>33185022
I was excited when I first saw the rhino but when I found out how cheap the mechanics seem, I got disgusted... the internals remind me of a toy gun, there is just a terible feel to it...
but it looks cool and the bore axis is low, so I guess its okay for the price

>>33185033
both has its purpose... I myself use 9mm for IPSC (I am a european btw.) because its cheap and recoil is nice to handle and for precision and fun I use .45ACP

>>33185089
how much is "SLIGHTLY"?

>>33185140
you, my friend seem to have questions that you only picked to give me a hard time answering them... for the locking lugs, I had many formulars in engineering school to find out how much the material could handle so that you can calculate the thickness and position of the material, but look at all the small gunsmiths: does anyone of them actually calculate before they build guns? only the biggest companies use programs to calculate the stress on the metal...
if you are really interested in formulars, then just look in your table book for spring pressure and forces and adapt them to your gun

>>33185144
actually never had a hipower in my hands, that being said: what is your question? I dont get it...
>>
>>33185493
I bought Hornady custom 147 gr TPX 9mm for self defense. Did I fuck up
>>
Did you go to a trade school or university for gunsmithing? Or did you just apprenticeship with someone?

I'm looking to get into gunsmithing and wouldn't mind some pointers.
>>
Is addiction a disease, or is that just some pussies wanting to be a victim?
>>
>>33184932
what kinda steel did you use for that?

flood coolant might make the finish come out better.
>>
how do I improve my grip? in videos of professionals, their handguns barely move at all under recoil in their grip. I spend hours working on making sure my grip is as balanced, stable, and tight as possible, but everything I shoot still recoils up dramatically, making target re-acquisition really challenging for me.
>>
>>33185089

depends on if the case hardening is applied after the lugs on the trunnion are cut, right?

if they cut into the case hardening to cut the lugs it will naturally be thinner.

You filed on the bolt lugs right? Not the trunnion???
>>
>>33185532
Legitimate medical condition, according to Dr. Ron Paul.
>>
>>33185532
Both.
>>
>>33185596
Grip trainer, practice, lifting weights, more practice.

A pro shooter I build bullseye guns for can squeeze so hard I have to brace the open frame around the magwell to keep him from introducing malfunctions by pinching the mag.
>>
>>33185493
Actually no.
I picked them because they are what I have run into in designing a pistol I would like, and sadly I haven't yet come up with a satisfactory answer.
>>
>>33184932
How difficult is a trigger job in a revolver. I haven't looked into yet, but I wouldn't want to start something that was easy to get stuck on or mess up. The springs are easy enough to replace aren't they? Been thinking about getting a lighter spring for my SW 360.
>>
>>33185596
Do like me and stop paying attention to what they claim is right and figure out what works for you.

I have to rotate my right hand toward the trigger a lot farther and then my groups get smaller and smaller.
>>
File: frame open and cylinder front.jpg (166KB, 1286x740px) Image search: [Google]
frame open and cylinder front.jpg
166KB, 1286x740px
>>33185580
1.7225 42CrMo4
kinda tough to mill if you ask me
I polished it after I was done, so its okay
>>33185532
pussies wanting to be a victim! 100% sure!!!
>>33185528
I was a machinist and then got into gunsmithing while becoming an engineer
>>33185520
buy whatever you want, as long as you can handle it perfectly...
>>33185596
here is what I found out: shoot!!! a lot!!!
I saw guys pressing the juice out of their guns but shooting terribly while others with arms like strings are outshooting everybody else... its all about technique and learning how to handle the recoil!
I noticed I became really fast with my follow up shots as soon as I started shooting IPSC and made about 500shots each training (plus you learn how to aim without using your sights)
>>33185776
exchaning the springs in your revolver is probably the only thing you need to do to improve the trigger... (to a certain level)
>>
>>33184932

I only possess a Blackpowder revolver.

Can I still be an operator?
>>
What's your opinion on using a short-stroke piston mechanism to index a cylinder? Would this be physically possible, given the weight compared to the gas pressure of a typical revolver round?
>>
>>33185493
Do you know what is a Shockbuff?

For 1911?
>>
>>33186424
I hope its a LeMat
if so, you are more operator than most of the other people on this board...
or does anybody else have 9 shot revolver with a built in shotgun? come on, can anything be more operator? who needs rails if you have a built in shotgun in your fucking revolver???
>>
>>33186466
The LeMat was the original Masterkey. I'm surprised nobody's worked the concept into a PDW or full-sized hunting handgun.
>>
>>33186453
>>33185144
okay, I googled it...
I know theese thingies but didnt know the name...

well, I tried them and they work kinda nice, you really feel a difference in shooting... but as soon as my first broke and jammed my gun, I didnt put a new one in!
I think its a little better for the gun, but since its designed to shoot without it, I go without it...
>>
>>33184932
Where can I get a Russian AK-74m parts kit?
>>33185144
Shockbuff has literally zero negatives
>>
If you could un-pussyfy one europoor nation who would you choose and why
>>
>>33186533
the germans!
imagine what could happen if they stopped being pussies again ;-P
>>
Does .357 SIG really fuck up every gun chambered in it extremely quickly?
>>
>>33184932
Does chrome plating affect headspace? also what sort of tools could I have at home for polishing for bluing? Just gonna do a simple distilled water bath with Belgian blue
>>
>>33184932
Can I buy a target hammer for my S&W 617-6 and reasonably expect it to just drop in and work, or will I have to fit a new hand to go with it? I've gotten conflicting info from Google.
What's the difference between these two hammers,
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/892765
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/488125
both of which claim to be for the 617? The second one, that doesn't include the stirrup (is that bad?), looks the most like what's already in my gun. Why is one more expensive than the other?
What's the correct screwdriver tip size for removing a S&W revolver side plate?
>>
>>33184932

What is a good price for a gen4 Glock 34 MOS? Where should I find such a price?

Does it matter if it is used?
>>
>>33186449
Not OP but in a handgun where would you fit the piston? The best solution I can think of is using a cartridge/case itself as a piston.
>>
>>33184932
have you ever farted into your hands cupped your hands and smelled the fart really quickly before god took it back from you? what did you snmell?
>>
>>33186449
not OP, but having a gas port/ piston that is connected to the hammer and cocks it back would do it
>>
>>33185156
Bolt has some peening on the lugs, I'm 100% positive the barrel isn't moving
>>33185493
1 or 2 thousandths
>>33185625
Yes, the bolt lugs. Trunnion shows no wear.
>>
Can I refinish a winchester recover without taking off the barrel with a cold blue?

Where do I buy sample bottles of belgian blue? I'm not going to be using large quanties of it.

Also what exactly prevents 1968-1974 Winchester 94 receiver from taking regular bluing? The website mentions black chrome plating but it seems to have been cost saving measure rather than a practical problem. http://www.dulite.com/dulite_94_win_oxide.html
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 720x960px
>It's an OP doesn't know anything but people still ask questions episode
>>
>>33184932

I recently inherited an old Smith and Wesson Model 3.

Problem is, the hammer does not lock in place. It will never lock at half-step, and will only occasionally lock at full step.
If I pull the trigger the DA works perfectly fine, and the timing appears spot on, but since it does not lock at half-step I cannot even open the thing.

It's a family heirloom and I want to keep it safe, but I really want to restore it as well - do you have any idea how fucked it is/if it is easily repaired. How much would a gunsmith typically charge for something like this? How would I find a good gunsmith - 90% of the ones online just advertise bore sighting and trigger pack installs.
>>
>>33184932
How long should it take to break in the mag release on a 1911? Shits tight as fuck yo

Considering drowning it in oil or cutting a bit of the spring

Wat do
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.