[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been humoring the idea of building a Vintoriz. I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1488440734886.jpg (49KB, 728x417px) Image search: [Google]
1488440734886.jpg
49KB, 728x417px
I've been humoring the idea of building a Vintoriz. I'd prefer not to spend over 2k but have access to pretty much any machining tools you'd find in a power plant. Is it possible? I've never owned an AK and I'm not very fond of the dimensions at the moment, I'm thinking

>get 5.56 AK
>get an aksu foreground
>get 300 BO barrel blank
>use lathe to shape barrel to fit AK
>get ATF okay
>cut down barrel to 4-8 inches, crown and thread it
>possibly try to make an AR15 gas tube fit the barrel and receiver to thin out its profile
>get another ATF okay
>use an aluminum tube that extends over the barrel and fits flush with the foreground and use the rest of the length for baffles
>Either cut out my own wood stock or buy after market
>apply finish

Am I retarded or would this work? I realize it'll take a lot of work but I feel like there's other problems I'd run into.

I think it'd be cool to try it in 10mm with extra heavy long bullets that would never fit in a normal 10mm I'd handload at subsonic speeds but that'd be a lot more work in the action
>>
>>33182917
What kind of machining tools does a power plant have?
>>
Uh
No
>>
>>33182917

Sounds like a terrifying frankengun

All's good luck getting the ammo
>>
Been done. Its not really a vintorez though, just a lookalike.
>>
File: 20170303_101017.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_101017.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>33182935

The plant is older and things that break often aren't sold anymore so we make them here. I'm not around that area right now and honestly I don't know all that's there but I do know there's lathes

>>33182951

I believe you but I want to learn why
>>
>>33183047
That's the goal, guess I wouldn't be the cool guy who did it first though
>>
>>33183049
1) you dont seem like you know what you're doing
2) what you've described won't be a vss, just a bubba frankengun mocked up like one
3) they probably won't let you use the equipment for personal projects anyway
>>
>>33183047
>filename not shitorez
>>
why would you need to get an atf approval for a personal homemade firearm that you don't intend to sell for profit? Also you sound like you couldn't even put together an ar-15. SCRUB
>>
File: IMG_20170223_205131.jpg (3MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170223_205131.jpg
3MB, 4640x3480px
>>33182917
Shit nigga I have almost the same idea as you.
Look closely at the reciever though, it looks a lot closer to an AR's from an aesthetics point of view.
Scribbled this up a few days ago, gonna draw it up in CAD when I get my main PC back up and running.
>>
>>33183184
The art of penmanship is dead.
>>
>>33183177
Because he intends to SBR it and make a suppressor for it?
>>
At least with my AR idea all the working bits are done. Just a .300 blk AR with a short barrel, suppressor and fancy shmancy furniture. Really it's all you need unless you're dying for the dovetail mount. There's a bit less machine work required.
>>33183193
Kek
To be fair I didn't really expect to post this.
>>
>>33182917
NOOO.
>the VSS isn't even an AK derivative, it's striker fired
>9A-91, AS VAL, VSK-94, AND SR-3M are better, so why would not you build those
>if it's not going to be an accurate repro there's no point.
>>
>>33183242
>>9A-91, AS VAL, VSK-94, AND SR-3M are better, so why would not you build those
kys
>>
>>33183075
Not op, but...
1) thats part of the fun and you have to learn somehow asshole
2) at least its not the 100,000th AR build and op shows innovative ideas
3)you dont know that, power plants (especially smaller ones) tend to be bro tier
>>
>>33183075

Expanding on
>>33183075

1) If I did I wouldn't be asking, I intend to get a parts list together and find out exactly what needs to be done before taking it to someone who does know how to make them. As the other anon said, half the fun of this would be finding out what to do and how to do it.
2) Obviously. I'm hoping it won't turn out looking like shit something like >33183047 would be great.
3) They'd probably be cool with it when there is time to do it. Id have to ask if I could do it after hours of course but they'd probably all be interested. If not, it'd cost more but there's a place in town I'd have to get a membership at where I could.

>>33183177

You sound like a retard

>>33183184

It'd be easier to do and still look pretty cool but I personally want something that looked closer. If you like it, do it, you definitely could.

>>33183242

I can't really do anything about that though without building a whole gun. It'd be able to shoot common, subsonic, rifle rounds, and look very closely like a Vintoriz. I'd like it and it'd be practical with living in the states.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.