[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT Old one was over 300 posts so I thought I'd make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: uvvtczd.jpg (98KB, 579x960px) Image search: [Google]
uvvtczd.jpg
98KB, 579x960px
QTDDTOT

Old one was over 300 posts so I thought I'd make a new one.

How do outdoor ranges work? The indoor ones I've been to have a zipline that pulls your target out to whatever yardage you want. But what do I do at an outdoor one? I mean I assume I'm not going to walk out there to tape up some targets right? I'm going this weekend and I don't want to look clueless.
>>
File: 1481041686952.png (99KB, 234x231px) Image search: [Google]
1481041686952.png
99KB, 234x231px
>I mean I assume I'm not going to walk out there to tape up some targets right?
Well the range faeries sure as shit won't do it for you.
>>
>nogunz here

what's the difference between striker fired and hammer fired and what do these mean?
>>
>>33180482
>I mean I assume I'm not going to walk out there to tape up some targets right?

That's exactly what you'll do. Preferably when the range is called cold.
>>
>>33180717

striker fired means that when you pull the trigger, the sear brings the firing pin (striker) back and then releases and that sets off the primer. its like shooting a double action only.

hammer fired means the sear engages a hammer and the hammer is what hits the striker and what sets off the primer
>>
>>33180482

shoot in the woods

its free and you shoot all sorts of shit like microwaves and tvs and trees and stuff
>>
>>33180781
Thanks.
>>
File: m885.jpg (41KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
m885.jpg
41KB, 1155x1155px
>>33180482
why are military 5.56 decolored?
>>
>>33181793
Some 11b licked off the teflon.
>>
>>33181793
Annealing. It is heat treating to reduce brittleness in brass.
>>
>>33181793
The case mouth is annealed as part of the necking down process. For commercial sales they clean it off, but as perfomance is unaffected the military dgaf.
>>
>>33180482
You walk your ass out there an set up a target. Either stand alone stands or ones that pop into pipes in the ground.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.