[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it ever happen? Do these petitions actually work? http

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Presidential_Seal.png (203KB, 601x603px)
Presidential_Seal.png
203KB, 601x603px
Will it ever happen?
Do these petitions actually work?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa
>>
>>33175223
No, at "x" amount of votes the president has to look at it. If he likes it then he'll draft something up to send though the courts.
>>
>>33175223
petitions dont do shit. they just draw attention to the fact that x amount of people think y is a good idea. there is no requirement to act at all.
>>
>>33175305
It already has the 100k signatures needed.
I guess we will see if Trump truly is pro-funs or not.
>>
>implying they even look at it
>implying it isn't a glorified soundproof room to scream in
>>
>>33175223
All the President has to do is read the petition and release an official statement on it. Signers get the statement emailed. And they don't always even do that.

I bet Trump will answer this one though. We'll basically get an email saying as gently as possible why he won't risk trying to do that, but he'll keep in mind that we really really want less gun control.
>>
File: Homer.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
Homer.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>>33175223
>Will it ever happen?
There's a certain irony in that I think the biggest opponent to the repeal of the NFA would be gun owners. Specifically those who own machine guns. The Hughes Amendment created a market where supply was fixed and demand was ever increasing, leading to an explosion in the price of transferable automatic guns. I'd imagine that those who dropped $30,000 on an M16 would fight tooth and nail to not see the bubble burst. Chances are, if they're wealthy enough to buy machine guns, they're wealthy enough to lobby against the repeal of the NFA. Shit's whack.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.