[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever served or know anyone that served on the USS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: USS Constitution.jpg (511KB, 1442x1358px) Image search: [Google]
USS Constitution.jpg
511KB, 1442x1358px
Anyone here ever served or know anyone that served on the USS Constitution? I know it's crewed by active-duty sailors. Wikipedia claims it's a "special duty" but I can't decide if this is where they stick people with great track records and a love of history or complete fuck-ups who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a modern naval vessel where they can screw things up.

From what I've heard from a few Navy buddies, honor guard is where they stick perpetual retards, so it stands to reason that USS Constitution duty would be the same.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>33174228
I wonder...how much of the original ship is left?

Is it still fully functional? Can the cannons still fire? Is there a fuckhuge winch for the anchor? Do you still have fucktons of barrels of shot and powder? Is a dude with a sharp knife still considered either essential or maniacal?

There must be answers.
>>
>>33178319
>I wonder...how much of the original ship is left?
I read that only 20% or so dates to the original construction.
>Is it still fully functional?
Yes
>Can the cannons still fire?
They technically have authentic cannons, but there is a 40mm signal gun inside of them.
>Is there a fuckhuge winch for the anchor?
No clue
>Do you still have fucktons of barrels of shot and powder?
They just have little 40mm cartridges for the signal guns
>Is a dude with a sharp knife still considered either essential or maniacal?
There is a lot of rope. They needs knives, at least for safety concerns

Source:
I read a book about it once. Can't remember the name.
>>
I was stationed at Hanscom AFB and they used to give tours out of the Constitution every so often. Its "crewed" by active duty sailors but the "boat" is permanently anchored in the Boston Harbor. We got a tour once a few years ago...it was pretty cool. I'm pretty sure one of the Navy enlisted PME school houses spends some time on the boat.
>>
>>33179149
Not OP, but cool to learn.

Bumping. I was an army fag, but the Constitution peaks muh patriotism.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.