[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/ I have about $1000 to play with and I want to buy my first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
Hi /k/ I have about $1000 to play with and I want to buy my first rifle, not counting the 10/22 that I own.

I've always really wanted a Fal and an AK but I can't decide between a DS Arms Fal or a Vepr AK. I'm kind of leaning more towards the AK simply because 7.62x39 is pretty damn cheap and I can easily stock up on some before that retarded ammo restriction hits in 2018, which yeah I know, CA is a shitty place for guns....

That being said, the Fal is so fucking good looking, but god damn is .308 pretty significantly more expensive than 7.62x39. I fear if I was to buy the Fal I would not shoot it that much given the price of ammo, which will inevitably get higher in 2018.

Between the two, which would you guys rather buy?
>>
>>33173890
The AK. Mags and ammo are cheap and plentiful. Easier to mount optics too.
>>
>>33173890
I'd rather a lighter ak than a vepr. It's pointlessly heavy and lacks important features like ak-74 brake etc.
>>
SKS.
Mini 14.
M1A.
You don't want to deal with having something barely legal there, the definition of "assault weapon" can change at any minute to make those kydex wraps illegal.
>>
>>33174006
Vepr's are made in Russia and I'm Russian so any AK I get has to be Russian

>>33174035
I'll take my chances, besides I dont intend on living here forever. Maybe another year or two.
>>
>>33174084
>so any AK I get has to be Russian
so track down an SGL-21 rifle
>>
>>33173890
buy a vepr ak and a bunch of mags
consider an optic if you want one.
buy 10 mags and a chest rig.

for the love of god dont buy a mini 14
>>
>>33174149
Will do, now I just gotta wait for AtlanticFirearms to get em back in stock since they seem to be the only online retailer that makes em CA compliant before shipment
>>
>>33173890

Get a direct impingement AR-15.
>>
>>33173890
>No cleaning rod
>No muzzle device
>No bayo lug
GOD DAMMIT MOLOT YOU'RE SO CLOSE

OP, Veprs are excellent AKs but they do have their downsides. Being in Cali also limits your options quite a bit, as well as your autistic insistence on a Russian gun. You will pay a premium for that, understand.
Has Cali banned Saigas by name yet? Getting an unconverted one and installing a bullet guide so it can take standard mags is potentially another easy option for a Cali-compliant Russian AK. I can't speak to this in particular since your shitty laws keep changing though.
>>
>>33174402
I believe they have because I have not seen any for sale. And yes, I understand I must pay a premium but I figure if I'm gonna get an AK it has to be Russian. That being said, I'm not too keen on modifying my guns so I don't really see a problem with the Vepr, if anything I may put on optic on it down the line but that's about it.
>>
>>33174483
Saigas have been banned from import into the States for years at this point. You wouldn't have seen them for sale on any of the common sites because you can only buy them used.
>>
>>33174543
Makes sense.

Sooo, anyone wanna make an argument for the DS Arms Fal or fuck it just get the AK?
>>
>>33174572
I like FALs as much as the next guy but I think everyone should own a semiautomatic centerfire rifle in an immediate caliber. Full-power battle rifles are a luxury and it will cost you a fortune to git gud with it, while you could practice with cheapo 7.62x39 and transfer those skills to the other gun fairly easily.
>>
>>33173890
Get an unconverted Saiga
Convert it later.
>>
>>33174149
>for the love of god dont buy a mini 14
why?
>>
>>33174035
>tfw mini-14, yugo sks and m1A are banned in your state.
>>
>>33174714
Because the AR-15 exists.
Mini-14s are stupid overpriced for what they are too.
Tbh senpai though I'd be a lot more amenable to the Mini if they used STANAG mags
>>
>>33175018
What if you live in California? A Mini 14 is a nice alternative to a neutered AR-15
>>
>>33175164
You do you F A M but Minis are pretty expensive for how they perform. They're cool looking but that's a lot of money for a beater rifle that's not particularly accurate.
Allegedly they've fixed the problem with the groups opening up to a couple feet at 100 yards once they barrel heats up but the one I owned (and subsequently sold) was enough to put me off of them forever.

What ever happened to the Ares SCR? I have q hard time imagining these thing not selling like hotcakes in ban states.
>>
>>33175271
Forgot pic
>>
If i didnt already have an slr107, id get one of those veprs. They look like quality guns
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.