[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/ I'm looking into a red dot sight for my first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: AIMPOINT.png (565KB, 1000x930px) Image search: [Google]
AIMPOINT.png
565KB, 1000x930px
Hello /k/
I'm looking into a red dot sight for my first ar build, thought I'd ask for insight.
I have looked into mostly the $200-300 range, but
I recently found this on Gunbroker and couldn't find much info through google as to whether or not it's a good deal. gunbroker.com/item/625921577
>>
>>33171370
Thanks for the tip bro, just bought it :^}
>>
>>33171370
Having fucked around with a few budget scopes before upping the budget, get a Vortex SPARC II. They are as low as 179 on Amazon and come with a KILLER warranty that will cover anything and everything you can do to it.
>>
>>33171425
Just going to recommend a Vortex. I think the Spitfire AR is also right in his price range.
>>
>>33171425
Have you seen or used a Sig Sauer sight? I've heard they have a lifetime warranty, and the Romeo5 runs around 150-180
>>
>>33171370
>$200-300
Holosun my nigga
>>
>>33171454

Disagree.

Buddy tried a Sig red dot for a new build and brought it to a Pat Mac carbine class. It didn't hold groups past 100 yards. He swapped back to his old rifle with an Aimpoint and groups went back to what he was used to.

buddy is ex-military and currently a swat cop. He is a bad ass competitive shooter for his department. User skill was higher than most.
>>
>>33171370

Vortex are probably the best red dots under the $400 line.
>>
>>33171597
Good info there, thanks for that.
>>
Vortex. Unlimited lifetime warranty and in a SHTF scenario theres gonna be plenty of optics around for looting.
>>
>>33171370

That budget shit ain't shit and you can get them cheaper if you want to go that route.

My suggestion is an older Aimpoint. Comp M2 or older. That fits your price range. Or you can get a Bushnell Holosight

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332133748373
EOTech will service them.
>>
were are you located ill sell you an aimpoint from for 300 that ive never even shot on the gun
>>
>>33172141
NE Georgia
>>
File: IMG_20170124_180309.jpg (46KB, 479x632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170124_180309.jpg
46KB, 479x632px
>>33171457
BDC on a red dot is pretty neat.
>>
>>33172164
fuck im in buffalo ny.
we need one of those buy sell trade threads again
>>
Save up another $100 and get an Aimpoint.
>>
I'm guessing if budget wasn't an issue, Aimpoint wins every time?
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-Aimpoint-CompM2-Red-Dot-Sight-Used-/222426530170?hash=item33c9a7817a:g:6qUAAOSwhlZYt4PW

research better.
>>
>>33172334
>>33171814

4moa lol
>>
>>33171608
>>33171693
>>33171447
>>33171425
Don't listen to these clueless idiots, get the Primary Arms Advanced Red Dot. The dot is sharper, the warranty is solid, and best if all it has more than triple the Sparc II's battery life. There is no fucking reason to get the Vortex red dots.
>>
>>33171370
Can anyone tell me what using a red dot sight is like? Do you have to line anything up like with sights and scopes, or do you just put the dot on the (((((target))))) and shoot? Also, is the only advantage with holographic sights the larger crosshairs or is there a bigger difference?
>>
>>33171597
i wonder if obese people are intimidated by Pat to enroll in his classes?
>>
>>33173999
Seems like a fine purchase, but give that the price is the same and the Sparc comes both a high and low mount (and a lifetime warranty vs a 3 year) I would give it up to the Sparc.
>>
>>33174144
>give that the price is the same
The MD-ADS is typically cheaper
>and the Sparc comes both a high and low mount
Get your option from PA for $20, you've now likely broken even with the SPARC's pricepoint by then
>(and a lifetime warranty vs a 3 year)
Ah yes, this is truly much better for a sub-$200 optic than a markedly increased battery life that matches the best in the industry...
>>
File: gun_personality.jpg (149KB, 960x619px)
gun_personality.jpg
149KB, 960x619px
Save up your shekels and get an Aimpoint Pro. Worth the extra dosh over any of the budget options.
>>
>>33174173
I mean it really depends on what you want. Sparc claims a 1 year battery life and it's far cheaper to replace a battery than a scope I can live with a lesser battery life for a guarantee replacement if I get rowdy with my scope. I would say they are really quite comparable and which is best for you depends on what you want out of your scope. I want a scope that I can be incredibly mean to with no worries of if it breaks, and I am willing to sacrifice battery life for that. I also would like to keep it relatively cheap so the $200 is my cap.
>>
>>33174173
don't forget the fuckhuge emitter the sparc ii has
>>
>>33174207
>Sparc claims a 1 year battery life
At the absolute lowest setting it's 208 days, and that manages to be a fucking fifth of what the Primary Arms dot offers on the MEDIUM setting.
> I can live with a lesser battery life for a guarantee replacement if I get rowdy with my scope
Or you can accept both optics have proven to be far more rugged than anything some poorfag bench shooters and occasional hunters will dish out and stop paying more for less.
>>33174219
Holy shit that is terrible.
>>
>>33174260
pa for comparison, almost not even there
>>
>>33174286
Well now I know which red dot to go with on my next build.
>>
Kikes kill the kikes.
>>
File: Yo.png (8KB, 816x460px)
Yo.png
8KB, 816x460px
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.