[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/. I'm looking to purchase a handgun for personal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Gun2.png (1MB, 960x960px)
Gun2.png
1MB, 960x960px
Hi /k/.

I'm looking to purchase a handgun for personal safety, however in my state a mental health record is required in order to get a permit. Last September I was admitted to a crisis center for suicidal thoughts. Is this going to mess up my chance at getting a permit?
>>
>>33171196
Yup
>>
>>33171196
Yeah no way they'll let you have a handgun.
>>
>>33171196
>Admitted for suicidal thoughts
I'm pretty sure you're prohibited from owning a gun at all under US law, fampai. 2a basically doesn't apply to those who have been suicidal before. You certainly won't be passing a 4473. Better hope Trump unfucks those laws tbqh. Although if you're a super high level richfag you could probably pay a lawyer to get your rights back. Then again maybe if you checked yourself in willingly I'm wrong anyway.
>>
>>33171337
Why can't he just use the (((gun show loophole)))?
>>
>>33171246
>>33171324
>>33171337
so pretty much my only chance of getting a gun is buying from a friend or something and fudging the laws?
>>
>>33171196
Was it voluntary or involuntary? What state are you in?

If it was voluntary, you may be okay unless you're in NY or Cali.
>>
>>33171344
what is the gunshow loophole?
>>
>>33171358
Tyrone could sell you a fowty glack

Pretty much but it from a friend. having a friend buy it specifically for you is probably illegal tho.
>>
>>33171358
Don't put your friend in the position where they're selling to a prohibited person. If something happens and it's shown they provided the gun, they will become a prohibited person themselves.

>>33171371
Private sales (which may not even be allowed in your state).
>>
>>33171366
It was voluntary and happened when I lived in Maine, I now live in Connecticut
>>
>>33171196
This is what you get for blogging your feelings.
>>
>>33171391
You are an important example to others. There is no such thing as "Mental help". No professional is going to help you like whiskey can.
>>
>>33171371
The people at gun shows hand out free assault rifles with extended clips under the stipulation that they only be used to kill babies.

The "loophole" is that shooting up a school somehow counts as killing babies. Isn't that ridiculous? Keep out schools safe: repeal the gun show loophole.
>>
>>33171407
desu I don't get what you mean
>>
>>33171415
Basically he's saying you're an example of what not to do if you want to unfuck yourself and still have guns.
>>
File: mfw1.jpg (82KB, 464x650px) Image search: [Google]
mfw1.jpg
82KB, 464x650px
>>33171410
>be me
>use gunshow loophole to get AR with 100rd drum mag
>fuck the police, I will shoot ADULTS watching batman
>*bang* *bang* *bang *bang* *click*
>oh fuck
>this thing JAMMED ON ME?
>thankfully I brought my handguns

serves me fucking right for not following the law....
>>
>>33171415
He's saying to just drink your problems away. Pretty questionable advice if you've got a legitimate condition.
>>
>>33171435
I mean honestly now that I have the info I need I'm getting this gun to shoot myself so I don't need to worry about drinking problems etc.
plus im already an alcoholic and it doesn't help any
>>
>>33171391
You'll need to consult your state laws, rather than the 4chins. Because it was voluntary, you may be okay.
>>
>>33171452
Your death will only inflate the statistics liberals use to support gun control.

That being said, a handgun is a bad choice for suicide. 12-gauge (buckshot is best, but birdshot will work, believe it or not) to the roof of the mouth is best. Make sure to aim for the top part of the back of your head, don't want to burden the healthcare system with taking care of another vegetable.
>>
>>33171485
thanks for the help although honestly I support hefty gun control and hate that guns were invented but that's all stuff that wont matter once I'm gone
>>
>>33171509
I wish I had a bait picture on hand.
also REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: pity.jpg (308KB, 1485x989px) Image search: [Google]
pity.jpg
308KB, 1485x989px
>>33171485
i know someone who survived a self-inflicted gunshot to the head. she wasn't that bright to begin with, but now she's a retard and a huge cost/burden/emotional injury for her family. she is the reason i haven't become an hero myself, because i'm afraid my nugget will only turn me into a zombie retard like her. she still tries to communicate with people, can assist in her own care. it's wretched.
>>
>>33171555
czech'd
Shotgun really is best for painless death. Horribly messy and traumatizing for whoever finds you tho.
>>
>>33171596
well my prospects oh having someone sell me a shotgun is a lot lower than just a regular old handgun. I'll just have to try my hardest not to fuck up and end up like >>33171555 's story
>>
File: 1414887911006.png (548KB, 720x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1414887911006.png
548KB, 720x2304px
>>33171509
not hard to make one yourself senpai
almost done making mine but the filing is a bitch
>>
>>33171358

goto a gunshow in texas
>>
you wont an hero u fucking pussy
>>
mental health support is a joke. a trap, really. in addition to making you permanently no-funs, you also get most careers that require state licensure permanently closed to you. we're talking everything from doctor, lawyer, pilot, etc. all the way down to lowly shit that would seem trivial. e.g. some states won't even issue you a CDL if you have a mental health history.

all those services that offer help? they're bullshit. just ways to get your name in the system, really. those programs all stop when your "crisis" is over. They don't help you put your life back together, they just try to keep the bullet out of your head and then they make sure you never get another state license for ANYTHING for the rest of your life. every time I see some PSA about "make the call for your friends and family members if you are afraid they'll kill themselves" it infuriates me, because if you love someone, you should help them, but you should NEVER allow them to have a record of mental illness, that shit is worse than a criminal record. criminals have constitutional rights.
>>
>>33171672
Having worked in mental health you are functionally correct. I would have to add that many of those in state level care have no business with any sort of licenses as their actions and incompetence landed them in the system often with victims to their actions and to half my former patients fuck you for harming innocent people to the other half do your best but your outlook is poor
>>
>>33171672
>>33171720
How do we fix this problem?
>>
>>33171737
Acknowledging that without the means to reprogram the mind long term institutional care is the only way to treat while not feeding homeless population explosions
>>
>>33171737

Stop characterizing antisocial emotions as a "disease" some people and built differently and our society needs them to perform specific tasks that others cant and wont. ei reject the jewish concept of mental health.
>>
>>33171790
Bit of this yes jail for criminals mental hospital for insane and nightmare asylum for criminals who are insane
>>
>>33171720
this anon has a very good point. i've worked in criminal justice, nearly every criminal that i saw convicted of a violent crime already had a history of mental problems. again, whoever diagnosed them washed their hands once the fuckup was not an immediate danger, so said fuckup just timebombed later on someone innocent.

but the fact that those people and otherwise normal people who are having a rough time but wouldn't hurt anyone else are on the same list... it's fucking evil.

>>33171737
we don't fix this by addressing the agencies/infrastructure responsible. the state categorically cannot do good in this situation. we fix it by spreading the truth that you NEVER seek state assistance. everyone knows you get a lawyer before you talk to the police, because it's common knowledge how they police will take advantage of you. we need to make it common knowledge that seeking "official" help for mental problems and depression is equally foolish.
>>
File: pepeangry.png (487KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pepeangry.png
487KB, 900x900px
>normies believe in taking away what should be an inalienable right
>>
>>33171834
We used to separate criminal insane from the rest of the mentally ill and while expensive it worked. The sad truth is once therapy requires a lock down facility they are defacto prisoners and the decline in social interaction is inevitable. NY is particularly bad at mixing patients together and victimization amongst patients happens more than it should. Wanna see something fucked up check the sex offender registry map around the capital district psychiatric center in Albany. The only saving grace is the kids are kept seperate and only held in transit for other facilities

Fully agree re seeking help parents are the worst offenders for "oppositional defiant disorder" aka waaaah my kids dont respect my garbage parenting
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.