[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be an ideal hand gun for concealed carry? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What would be an ideal hand gun for concealed carry? I'm looking to purchase a hand gun to keep on me or at least hidden in my vehicle since I work out in ranches near the U.S and Mexico border and the night time can get to be quite dangerous.
>>
>>33161321
>What would be an ideal hand gun for concealed carry?
something thats comfortable, if it isn't comfortable you won't carry it
>>
>>33161331
Anything you could recommend? I'm not to familiar with handguns. Not saying I don't know how to use a gun, I'll go dove hunting etc but never really owned a handgun. I'm not really looking to use it, just to have something in case I ever run into the situation at night.
>>
>>33161321

It's hard to suggest some thing, when you leave out a lot.

Budget?
You okay with plastic, or you want full metal?
Single or double stack?
Big or small hands?
Do you have a caliber preference?

My carry piece is a g26 with a flush 10 round mag, back up mag is a g17 with xgrip attached. Easy to conceal, angle of the grip kinda meh, you quickly learn to work around it. Can carry a wide range of dif capacity mags. I carry it in a trex arm appendix carry holster.
>>
>>33161321

forget leaving it in the car, if you need your gun you will need it in the next 1/10 of a second, not the 10s of seconds it takes you to get to the car find the gun draw aim etc

which means shoulder holster or appendix so you don't have to take gun off getting into out of car yes ?

otherwise get a quality 9m or 40 depending on your budget & ability to handle the recoil, and save $$ for training about 500rds to get comfy with it

quality = sig ruger beretta s&w glock

avoid = bersa taurus whatever else
>>
>>33161321
Glock 19 bored out to 10mm.
>>
>>33161871
I'm probably looking up to $500. I guess my hands are decent size. From the bottom of my Palm to tip of middle finger us about 10".
>>
>>33161991
The issue with having it with a holster is that some of the ranches have gate guards that can randomly do pat downs. The ranch owners are pricks because they don't want people poaching which I understand but don't provide lighting or anything for when working in the middle of the night.
>>
>>33162080

Don't listen to this fag. This is the same fucker who had his CC piece stolen from a bathroom stall.
>>
>>33161871
Double stack would be ideal, in my opinion. Find something in similar size to a G26. FNS-9c, M&P9c, P99c, P320sc, P2000sk, PX4sc, P224. I find those are a great balance between firepower/capacity and size. Most also allow use of the full size mags to provide a full grip if you have to reload. Find what firing mechanism you like, and if possible try on different size holsters. You may opt for a mouse gun, or want to carry a full size. That is completely acceptable, and to be quite honest, you would almost certainly shoot better with a full size handgun. Everything in a pistol is a compromise, and it's up to you to find out what is most important to have.
>>
>>33161321
Whatever feels most comfortable in your hand, and comfortable to carry around.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.