[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's a good way to store water for SHTF? Plastic will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: hanarain.jpg (64KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hanarain.jpg
64KB, 1024x768px
So what's a good way to store water for SHTF? Plastic will leak carcinogens into the water, metal will leech into it.
>>
>/k/ - Weapons
>>
>>33156998
did you seriously forget glass exists
>>
>>33156998
Are you aware of what is made from super heated sand?
>>
>>33156998
Canned water, cartoned water, those giant BPA free (the stuff you DON'T want in your water) containers you can order from in the internet that are literally designed for long term water storage. Rain barrels, if you were really into it you could order a cistern.
>>
>So what's a good way to store water for SHTF?
Oh I dunno, a water tank maybe?
>>
>>33156998

Decanters.
>>
>>33156998
Use something foodsafe like a pickle bucket and bleach it. The water, I mean. The CDC has the correct proportions you should use to avoid poisoning yourself and still make the water safe.
>>
File: krater.jpg (220KB, 670x420px) Image search: [Google]
krater.jpg
220KB, 670x420px
>>33156998
The ancients had this one figured out.
>>
File: mud woman.png (140KB, 280x221px) Image search: [Google]
mud woman.png
140KB, 280x221px
>>33156998
Plastic only does that when exposed to heat, ideally it should be stored in a cool area. Ideally modern Nalgene bottles work the best, but that would be fucking expensive. I use those for short term storage.

Also I live on a well so unless the groundwater is completely fucked to the point where multiple filters don't affect it we'd probably not last much longer no matter how well your limited supplies are stored
>>
BPA-free plastic
>>
>>33157259
>he doesn't drink BPA
It's like you don't want to grow tits and a feminine benis. Gaylord.
>>
>>33156998
Go roman and make concrete cisterns.
Go greek and use fired pottery (amphoras existed for a reason).
Use tile, use glass. Use what people have been using for thousands of years.
>>
File: 1382580058160.jpg (393KB, 781x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1382580058160.jpg
393KB, 781x1024px
I'll just leave this here....
>>
>>33157398
>>33156998
"Plastic" is not a single thing. It's like saying paint will give you lead poisoning. Just don't use lead paint, and don't use plastic that leaches toxins.

Just store the water, and only the water, in the right kind of plastic and purify it for use outside the container.

DO NOT:
Read random articles that say "plastic is safe do whatever you want lol" because they all follow the same formula. They narrowly define "toxic chemicals" to something very specific that they found testing results for, often from shitty testing, and act like they've covered everything and been scientific.

>>33157340
DO NOT:
Put bleach or other cleaning chemicals in plastic containers. The plastic is not fucking radioactive shooting magic toxin rays everywhere. Toxins leech for specific reasons and putting chemicals into the container is a big way to do that, which the manufacturer will not mention as they cannot predict all the stupid shit that stupid people will put into their containers made out of toxic chemicals.
>>
>>33156998
Mostly, store water purification methods instead. Stock water filtration pumps and iodine tablets.

If you really need to store water, use glass or ceramic. Use those large jugs meant for brewing beer.
>>
>>33156998
>>33156998
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcE5x3X6TQ4
>>
>>33158887
he's talking about the cdc approved way to sanitize drinking water containers

https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/emergency/drinking/cleaning-preparing-storage-containers.html
>>
>>33157292
Hmm... yeah... a water tank, 90%+ made of either plastics or metal, both of which he said he didn't want to use...

Good thinking anon.

Ceramics and glass are the only things I can think of that won't give you cancer from long term water storage
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.