[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, /k/, I'm a young woman living alone, and someone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

File: worthlessgarbage.jpg (115KB, 538x390px) Image search: [Google]
worthlessgarbage.jpg
115KB, 538x390px
Alright, /k/, I'm a young woman living alone, and someone's decided they're going to come after me. The guy hit my neighbors, and the police didn't even pick up when they called 911, so I'm going to have to defend myself.

Problem is, I'm five foot nothing and 90 pounds, and I'm having a hard time finding anything that's both small enough to fit in my hands and heavy enough to not blow me over. I have a .22LR rifle, but that isn't going to be near enough.

On top of that, I'm in California. The only gun store in the area that knows about defense just laughed and told me to buy pic related when I asked for suggestions, so I'm stuck asking on an anime board.

TL;DR What's a good gun for a small girl to defend herself?
>>
.500 S&W Magnum
>>
>>33155234
Ruger LCP, Makarov, any small frame .38
>>
Barrett M28A2
>>
>>33155234
Get a pistol AR and a drum mag rebuild kit.
>>
>>33155234
Blow up the gun store with the IRA special for being douchebags. Go to a flea market in Arizona and buy a colt delta elite and underwood ammo.
>>
Ruger sr9c
>>
Ruger LCR is a nice choice
>>
.38 special revolver.
>>
Make sure if you buy a snub nose to make sure its a steel frame. Steel frame soaks up more recoil and is more enjoyable to shoot and practice with.

I'd suggest a medium frame .380 pistol like a walther ppk, sig p232, or a Makarov or CZ-82. If its for home defense than small size wont be much of a concern as much as shootability and usability.

Try handling the above pistols and shooting them to see if you like how they handle. since they not huge pistols they can fill the concealed carry role as well.

You'll hear a lot of folks rag on the .380 or makarov but they did fine and killed loads of people for decades, no reason they still wont.
>>
>>33155234
Smith & Wesson Bodyguard Revolver (or the semi-auto) I like the revolver, .38, 5 shots, shoots well. I don't have the semi-auto gun with the same name but I haven't heard any bad things
>>
I dont own any pistols and am 6'3 and 225, so take this with a grain of salt. Single stack 9mm compact. If the 9mm has to much recoil for you, then step down to a .380, sure its not much gun, but it beats using your fists and if your scared to shoot because it is uncomfortable you wont practice with it. Really your best bet is to start fondling guns untill you find something comfortable though
>>
>>33155234

>On top of that, I'm in California

I don't think you can use self-defense in The People's Republic of California.

If you are not an enthusiast and just want something for the sole purpose of self-defense then get a Hi-Point. DO NOT get a "saturday night special" (i.e Jennings, Raven Arms etc etc)

Despite them getting shat on here, they actually do work just fine for the purpose of emergency defense.
>>
>>33155234
pretty sure this thread is a copypasta
>>
>>33155342

California has some of the best castle doctrine laws in the US.
>>
OP sounds like this is for home defense, not CC, so size isn't important
IF you don't plan on practicing with it, do not get an autopistol. Seconds are crucial and little things can go wrong.
Revolvers are simple, point-and-shoot weapons.
>>
Jeez, I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm almost positive there used to be a phrase for these threads..

What could it be...
>>
Go to a range. Rent different weapons and shoot them. Find what fits you.

Recoil won't knock you over and you need to practice or your weapon may get taken from you and shoved up your arse.

Revolvers are ideal for people with small hands.
>>
first and foremost, look into your local/state laws. Find out what you can get and it wouldnt hurt to be will rehearsed in your self defense laws either. It all can vary by state, what youre allowed to buy and what constitutes self defense. dont get excited about a particular gun you might not be able to get, and dont think having a gun gives you a license to kill

best advice anyone can give you is to go into a gun store and explain the situation. You'll probably deal with some mouth breathers or old dudes that want to white night and save a lady in distress, so take everything with a grain of salt and remain firm in what YOU want, dont be swayed easily. Ask to rent a few and shoot them, youd be surprised at what you can handle after getting used to shooting, at first you might be scared and not great but dont worry.

general gun recommendations (again, look up whats legal in your state)
>glock 17, 19, 26 and so on
probably the safest bet. usually, cheap, light, simple to use and lots of aftermarket
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR5Fr49bPtM

>walther ppq
>sig p320
>smith and wesson M&P
>HK vp9
>springfeild XD
all of these are striker fired, which will be lighter and a more basic trigger which youd probably prefer. the XD is full of external safties if you like that kind of stuff

theres lot of DA/SA you might want to consider >sig sauer p226, 229, 239
>CZ 75, po6, rami
>HK usp, hk.45,
>beretta px4, 92fs

but those are bigger, heavier and have a more complicated trigger you might not like. Some of those that I listed are also single stack vs double stack, so take that into consideration along with caliber. try a 9mm, .40. .45, .380 ect.
basically do some leg work, get a list of what you like and come back with any questions
>>
>>33155309
^^^^^^^^^
(OP), That's pretty much the best advice you're going to get on an anime board.

In a defense gun, small caliber isn't always a bad thing and a small frame isn't always a good thing. Find something you can get comfortable with, and practice practice practice. If you can keep cool enough to know when and where to put the rounds when you need to, you'll be okay.

Good luck.
>>
>>33155234
Get a knife and stab him in the throat when he opens his door in the morning.

Or you could move out of California, but you won't do that because you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>33155283
Can confirm. Just got this for my wife and it fits her tiny hands perfectly
>>
>>33155447
This is more for home defense. 0% chance I'm getting a CC permit here.
>>
>>33155234
Any 20-gauge shotgun.

Also, your .22 rifle will be fine in a pinch. Use hypervel hollowpoints and shoot center of mass until the bad guy falls down or runs away.
>>
>>33155234
A 10/22 is actually not a bad choice. 10 rounds of .22lr is going to stop pretty much anybody.
>>
>>33155234
Stockton? Fresno?
>>
>>33155560
It's bolt action, I'm going to have 1 shot with it. A 20 gauge shotgun might work (12 gauge sent me to the ground).
>>
>>33155607
Stockton.
>>
File: 1462578936833.png (27KB, 819x875px) Image search: [Google]
1462578936833.png
27KB, 819x875px
>>33155420

>California has some of the best castle doctrine laws in the US.

that's real cute.
>>
>>33155548
What county? I'm in Kern and just about everyone has a CCW.
>>
>>33155608
>12 gauge sent me to the ground
You need to work on your stance. Lean forward more.
>>
File: 1420844994706.jpg (383KB, 2274x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1420844994706.jpg
383KB, 2274x1695px
>>33155472
would it be "tits or gtfo"???
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (37KB, 377x671px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
37KB, 377x671px
walther ccp. low recoil, and easy to rack the slide.
>>
>>33155581
You don't need even need 10. Just 1 in the brain and will bounce around until its mush inside. I know this is true because my little cousin timmy was in the muhrine corps and he was a delta elite sniper and said it's all they used.
>>
>>33155628
Can confirm especially since it is in Cuckifornia
>>
>>33155666
San Joaquin, but it looks like CC requirements have gotten looser since I bought my .22 (or I just got bad info because ~20% of the city carries illegally). I might be able to get a CCW permit.
>>
>>33155234

go to local gun range and take the intro gun class

they will teach you the basics and let you shoot several different guns

avoid lightweight guns like ruger LCP they will literally break your hand off unless you are fairly strong

if you want good 22lr look at ruger sr22

if you want a soft shooting 380 look at ruger lc380 not the lcp

38 revolvers are good too

but whatever you get you will need to practice with it a minimum of 200 rds to feel comfortable

oh and skip the 22lr in the picture it is a low cost low quality piece of crap it may work for 100rds it,may jam all the time - and avoid that gun store that recommended it, they are shit

good luck
>>
>>33155234
jesus christ people

get a cheap pump 20 guage shotgun
as long as you know how to load the fucking thing you will be ok. handguns take practice before being able to effectively use in a defensive situation.
>>
>>33155703
not the thread for memeing, stockton is a real shithole with real violent tweakers
>>
>>33155769
stfu OP
Just beat him with a pry bar.
>>
Any .380 or compact 9mm.

Hit the range and find one you like
>>
>>33155750

and brands to avoid - taurus bersa - quality not so good

again try to shoot the gun before buying most ranges let you rent them

a key point is how much does gun weigh - this will greatly affect recoil - so a 9m that weighs 20z will kick quite a bit but a 9m that weighs 30z will be a pussy cat - so to speak
>>
Something compact chambered in .380 or 9mm, try maybe a Glock 26, 42, or 43.

If you don't end up liking them, that means you're literally a fucking faggot.
Ps I know in California the word "faggot" is considered a compliment, but in the above case it isn't intended to be.
>>
>>33155750
I know I'll need to practice with whatever it is I get, and I know that the piece of shit I posted will blow up if I put anything supersonic in it. Why do you think I made on post here rather than just buying that garbage?
>>
>>33155234
I'd recommend the Sig P238. I love mine to death. Nice sights and it is super comfortable to shoot.
>>
>>33155234

Mini-14

Don't have to deal with cuck modification and you can still have detachable magazines. All of this with a reasonably low recoil and decent enough cartridge.
>>
>>33155234
I would go with >>33155753
Since you have a rifle you already know how to handle a shotgun, and 20ga is pretty soft shooting. Get some buckshot and you'll be good. That will also give you time to find the right pistol. Find one that fits your hand, preferably steel for recoil control in either 9 or .380.
>>
I was gonna suggest an entry-level AR-15 until I saw you said you lived in CA, so I guess that's out the window.

So yeah pretty much what everyone else has said, something compact chambered in 9 or .380
>>
>>33155234
1) What is your budget?
2) Have you shot any guns besides your .22 rifle? Any preferences?
3) What podunk LGS did you go to that they unironically advised a Jennings J22 for protection? What other dealers are there in your area? In fact, what general area of CA do you live in and how far are you willing to drive (twice, 2nd time after 10 days for pickup)?
>>
>>33155679
my nigga
>>
>>33155251
>>33155283
>>33155309
>>33155479
Note that most of the suggested pistols are off roster. They can be acquired used, if you're lucky and at a massive premium. Expect to pay 2-4X MSRP on a used gun even if it's in bad condition just because it's off roster and you can't legally buy a new one.

Currently, on roster we have the following guns that stand out:
-All 3rd Gen Glocks (I'd specifically advise the 19, 26 and 17, but a 23 would be OK too if you get a good deal on one like sub-$400)
-Bersa Thunder .380 (~$300 .380 single stack with metal frame, good for small hands and has manegable recoil, but conreols are a bit stiff)
-Ruger GP-100 (kinda big)
-Ruger SP-101 (small enough to carry but still kinda heavy)
-Ruger LCR (polymer/alloy build specifically designed for carry)
-Hi-Point C9 (only if you're uber poor and can't afford anything else)
-Charter Arms Undercover (various models)

Most dealers should have these.

Also Most sporting goods stores (Dick's, Big 5) carry Mossberg 500/Maverick 88 "youth" models in 20ga. This is an excellent, easy to use and inexpensive shotgun if you need something strictly for home defense.
20ga recoils less than 12ga and youth models have longer forends and shorter stocks specifically for use by smaller statured shooters.
>>
>>33155920
1) $600. It's what I have available now, and I don't exactly want to wait and save up.
2) I tried a 12 gauge shotgun with 00 shot that took me to the floor, and a Taurus snub noserevolver (can't remember the exact model number) that I could barely control when loaded with .38 (didn't even try it with .357)
3) They ironically advised a Jennings and wouldn't give any serious advice.
>>
>>33156021
>20ga youth model
Ya know, that's actually a pretty good idea.

OP, THIS^
>>
Also forgot about the S&W SD9, it's a cheap Glock clone. Somewhat nicer ergonomic layout. It's still a cheaper gun, but good enough for most purposes.

Also I found this dealer in Sacto that sells Armscor M206 models. These are basically Colt Cobras made in the Philippines on used Colt tooling.
http://www.armslist.com/posts/6197792/sacramento-california-handguns-for-sale--brand-new-rock-island-armory-mod--206-in--38-special

The dealer has many other things listed on armslist, and is a retail store so he'll probably have something up your alley. One of them is a 4" stainless Ruger Security Six. It's like a GP-100 but older, slightly lighter and you'd be surprised how easy to use. My GF can put holes in holes at reasonable distances with mine, even using full power .357 loads.
>>
>>33156057
I'd say try an LCR but I kind of know you'd most likely get the same result. It has a lightweight frame meant for carry, not so much comfort in shooting.

Try a .38/.357 revolver with more weight. It helps buck the recoil. Load with standard velocity .38 (or even low velocity wadcutters) and gradually move up to .38+P and eventually .357 (if the gun is rated for it of course).

Ruger makes SP101s with full-size grips and longer 3-4" barrels. This allows you to have the smaller 5-shot frame but full-size controls with some weight to help counteract the recoil.
A fullsize GP100 or Security Six might max your budget and potentially be too heavy. Certainly too bulky to concealed carry.

Also they make LCRx models with bigger grips and 3-4" barrels for added control while allowing somewhat light weight for carry.
If nothing else, they also make them as 10-shot models in .22LR. Not a great option, but if you literally can't shoot anything bigger it is a gun.

I would advise trying a 20ga youth Maverick 88 if you get the chance. Or really any youth sized 20ga shotgun. Excellent for HD.
>>
>>33155234
20ga pump action shotgun, bersa thunder in 380, or hipoint c9 will be you best choices op. really gonna recommend that pump action though.
>>
http://www.armslist.com/posts/6477012/sacramento-california-handguns-for-sale--ruger-security-six-in--357-magnum
This is the Security Six I saw listed.
Kinda near the top of your budget, but I have owned one and I've taken a lot of people out shooting with no experience and they've done well with it.
Again, not really useful for concealed carry. It's just too heavy.

Also info on another good candidate. Bersa Thunder .380/Firestorm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bersa_Thunder_380
http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bersa-thunder-380-acp-pistol
https://bersa.eagleimportsinc.com/bersa/firearms/thunder-series
https://bersa.eagleimportsinc.com/bersa/firestorm-380
>>
OP, first of all, post your feminine penis or gtfo.

Second of all, this thread is full of good advice, you should study it and do your research on the guns listed ITT.
>>
9mm is a good lightweight round to shoot still decent stoping power 40's are about the same 45's in the 1911 platform shoot with around the same recoil as a 40 38's and 357's are great but snub nose revolvers kick more than the longer barreled ones. am a 5 foot 4 small arm man and i use a CZ -p09 its a very nice 9mm and it dosnt kick all that much
>>
My boyfriend works for Glock, so I read your post to him. He said that either a 9mm Luger or a 45acp. Both are good choices for self defense. He is partial to the 45acp because it can stop someone dead with good shot placement with one round and the recoil isn't that bad . He also said to try to find better gun shops.
>>
>>33156418
>Glock 21
>fitting in your baby hands
No.
>>
To all the people recc'ing 20ga shotgats, make sure to have a brief chat about ammo with OP
>>
>>33156418
>He is partial to the 45acp because it can stop someone dead with good shot placement with one round
ignore that bullshit. All pistol rounds are pathetically underpowered, including his precious .45
>>
>>33155342
>hi point

unfortunately reliable....but still gay
>>
>>33155234
My sister is about the same size as OP, and she loves my beretta 84. I think it is not Ca legal, but the 85 is (same gun basically, the 84 is double stack and the 85 is single stack). I might also suggest the bersa thunder .380 for a budget option.
>>
>>33156418
I've seen someone get shot with a 45 and live. I've seen someone get shot with a 22 and die. caliber is not nearly as important as shot placement. If you can't handle a 45, it is useless.
>>
If this is solely for HD then why bother getting a pistol. Get yourself a decent shotgun, heres why.

Pistols are much harder to get decent with than a shotgun which is pretty fucking easy.
Savage makes a 200 dollar pump action that should be perfectly fine for you.

so for caliber I suggest you go with either 20 or 28 because of your size
>"buh..buh...buh 12 is the only logical guage to get"
nope a 20 or 28 guage will still kick the shit out a 45 in terms of power.

Don't fall for the "its a shot gun so 2 feet infront of the barrel it has a 2 foot spread"
nope it will maybe have a 5 inch spread inside if you use birdshot, which you shouldn't.

Get buckshot it more than enough to take care of who ever breaks into your house. theyre cheap and retard reliable

so get a 20 guage pump and defend yourself
>>
>>33156527
>>33156444
>To all the people recc'ing 20ga shotgats, make sure to have a brief chat about ammo with OP
>>
>>33156547
As I recall, it's #4 buck for defense?
>>
>>33156418
>>33156432

Kind of this, if a gun is too big in the grip for your size of hand it's generally not a good idea to get it as this impacts the controlability. Even if any one gun has supposedly superior ballistics ease of use should always take precedence.
>>
>>33155234
The only thing you should "get" is the fuck out of California.

You might not think that's useful advice, but it's the only useful advice ITT.

Trying to defend yourself in a meaningful, legally sound jury-proof manner is a joke in places like Cali.
>>
A five seven.
>California
Well, damn, a 20 ga semi auto shotgun?
>>
>>33156672

Ehh... idk dude it's a grill.
>>
File: 1423609323173.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1423609323173.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
>>33155264
>>
>>33156672
Moving out isn't an option right now.
>>
>>33157072
Hope you enjoy being dead lol.
>>
>>33155701
can confirm.. accurate at distance too, if you are into that kind of thing
>>
File: SR22.jpg (29KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
SR22.jpg
29KB, 600x339px
>>33155234
Ruger SR-22.

Helped my friend buy his first gun, he decided on this and after shooting it, I love it. 10 round magazines and you can unload the whole magazine accurately and quickly.
>>
Get a lc9s or lcp2, gonna have to buy it private transfer. When my 5'0 grill roommate bought her lc9s it was 600 with like 4 mags.
>>
Ignore all the glockfags trying to get you to buy their shit. It's overpriced garbage. I wouldn't go with nearly any Ruger either.

Get a 20ga, and if you can't handle that get nearly any handgun other than Glock. I'm serious. I wouldn't recommend a p226 because it's a bit bulky but a p229 might be a good option. Go to the Sig webpage and browse a bit. If none of those look appealing (although I'm sure many will), check out some newer Springfield items.
>>
>>33155234
tits or get the fuck out whore
>>
>>33155243
fuckin kek'd
>>
>>33155234
Go back to the gun store and ask for an AEK-971and casket magazines. It has low recoil and will be great for your small frame while also being California legal.
>>
File: Chairchnical.png (378KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Chairchnical.png
378KB, 1200x800px
>TL;DR What's a good gun for a small girl to defend herself?
Have I got a revolutionary new concept for YOU!
>>
+1 for a 20 gauge

As far as a handgun, go for the heaviest gun that fits your hands well (meaning you can reach all the controls). 9mm is just fine. cheap practice ammo and easily available reduced recoil self defense rounds. federal hydra shock JHP reduced recoil rounds in a compact or full sized 9mm will probably shoot softer than most/any .380 ACP gun

The weight lowers the recoil impulse, and no handgun is too heavy to hold up for a couple shots.

A 9mm 1911 or CZ 75 compact, if you can find one for under 600.

Rock Island Armory has 1911s in that price range.

I'd stay away from Glocks (or any DAO) primarily because you might want something with a safety, so you can keep a round chambered and not have to worry about it. If you can find a 9mm 1911 in your price range I would jump on it.

If you can find a used 9mm USPc or p2000 you could probably get it for 600.

Worst part of all of this is that you still have to wait 10 days.
>>
>>33155234
The suggestion of a 20ga youth model pump with #4 buckshot is a good one. But if you'd like an alternative, I'd suggest a Ruger Police Carbine in .40 S&W or 9mm. It's basically a scaled up .22 rifle that fires pistol cartridges. You can have detatchable mags because it's a traditional rifle with no other scary features, and there's almost no recoil. An 8yearold could shoot one of these things effectively. And the longer barrel means you'll get more power out of the cartridge than a handgun. Plus it has a nice ghost ring sight which is good for instinctive shooting at close range.
>>
File: RugerPC9_LucidM7_5130web.jpg (354KB, 1600x982px) Image search: [Google]
RugerPC9_LucidM7_5130web.jpg
354KB, 1600x982px
>>33158052
Pic related. There are 10 round magazines available so you should be all good.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.