[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there something wrong with the maxim 9? Every video I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Is there something wrong with the maxim 9? Every video I've seen of it people shoot 5 or less rounds through it. I was really pissed about the fullmag video today. Fucking shot it once in the loudest windiest place he could have found and then talked about himself and a stuffed animal for the rest of the video.
>>
Both this and the Hudson 9 had the same treatment. I'm skeptical of both.
>>
>>33155058
>why don't you guys like vaporware
>>
Boof posted one disassembled and described how it worked.

Seemed ok.

Didn't seem 1400$ ok, but still neat.
>>
>>33155142
I never asked if anyone likes it. Hell I don't like it. You could easily buy a better gun with an extended barrel and get a quieter system. I'm just wondering if they are hiding something about the gun. They seem to be really shy about letting people shoot a full mag out of it.
>>
>>33155168
link?
>>
I'd get it for $200 at most.
>>
>>33155168
Boof approved is good enough for me.
>>
>>33155058
>Is there something wrong with the maxim 9?
Yes, it's a meme gun.
>>
>>33155058
Yankee Marshal called it unfinished and flawed after shooting it at SHOT show. IIRC the frame is still 3D printed so they have yet to get at least that part of the design finalized. The sales rep was also quoted saying it's delayed blowback but failed to show what kind of delay is being used or most of the mechanical functionality of the gun.
>>
>>33155058
TYM had a good talk about it here.

1:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_yA8fWKGAc
>>
>>33155193

I'm shit at looking through the k archive. Sorry mate.
>>
File: 1486776023950.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1486776023950.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>33155193
For you: https://desuarchive.org/k/thread/32950762/

By the way, from the looks of it, the lever delay for the breech block will give the breech block a primary extraction when it unlocks. BOOF compares it it to the Pedersen hesitation lock on the Remington Model 51, though the lever is very reminiscent of the Maxim Silverman Model 1896. There's not quite the initial straight blowblack like on the Model 51, but the bolt inside of the slide/carrier is similar. Linking the springs to the breech block inside of the slide was also a good idea on how to maintain pressure on the breech block to lock. Cool stuff in my opinion, I just don't want to wait for months after purchase to be able to actually get it.
>>
>>33155574
Yam is literal trash. Everyone who knows anything about this gun knows that the prototype is 3D printed and the production model is injection molded. You're fake news. KYS.

>hundreds of people shooting the prototype all damn day at SHOT
>Hurr I never see it shot more than 5 times, what are they hiding?
Fucking KYS.
>>
>>33155183
>I'm just wondering if they are hiding something about the gun. They seem to be really shy about letting people shoot a full mag out of it.

Or they have only few prototypes at hand for marketing. Repeat a full mag by amount of people they show it at Shot show or other gun show... it might add up in rather severe amount of punishment in very short time. They might have no guns to show and let people shoot few shots out of in the next gun show.

Plus, according to BOOF cleaning up silencer is takes a bit of work.
>>
>>33158866
Novel design means novel design problems. Hope they don't have anything too ugly show up once the first batches start going out.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.