[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, Two days ago, I lost a duck to turtles (yes, TURTLES!!)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 025176270-1-large.jpg (31KB, 1000x246px) Image search: [Google]
025176270-1-large.jpg
31KB, 1000x246px
Hello,

Two days ago, I lost a duck to turtles (yes, TURTLES!!) in my pond. Last night, I found a 6 foot snake in the hen house, which I dispatched with an axe (although not before it struck at me twice).

So, I'm finally ready to buy a varmint gun like my wife has been begging me for the past 5 years.

I'm an ex-Marine weapons platoon sgt who fired high expert with his M-14 or M-16 at the rifle range four years straight, so I know about guns and how to handle them. However, I've never owned a weapon as a civilian so know little about civilian weaponry, and I doubt they will let me rustle up and M-14.

So here I am for advice. What's a good all-purpose rifle for varmints? I need one for snakes, coons, possums, and turtles, maybe a coyote. We have bobcats around here but they don't tend to come up close enough to the house to worry about.

I don't need one for home protection, since that is not something I tend to worry about. Just a good, all 'round varmint killer.

Types of guns would be good (22, shotgun, etc), but brands would be nice to know about as well. I figure some may be more reliable or accurate than others.

So, what's your choice of weapons when it comes to killing critters?
>>
>>33154149
That all you wanna use it for? if so, is cost efficiency whats most important to you or do you like nice things?
>>
AR-15
>>
>>33154149
Get a bolt action chambered in 22wmr
>>
>>33154149
>I doubt they will let me rustle up and M-14
It would be overkill and it wouldn't be ideal but if you wanted an M14 you could have one
>>
Shoot the ducks, keep the turtles.
>>
File: pic4IW8Lh.jpg (93KB, 555x416px) Image search: [Google]
pic4IW8Lh.jpg
93KB, 555x416px
>>33154149
This is a weird pasta.
>>
Budget?
>>
>>33154186
Yes that is all I would like to use it for as I mentioned. Of course I like nice things, I have a nice pension so I can afford to spend a little. As long as I can get rid of these damn varmints.

>>33154269
They wouldn`t I have a record which means they won`t.

>>33154340
Up to $2000
>>
File: 1484387696012.jpg (141KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484387696012.jpg
141KB, 768x960px
>>33154149
I know I've seen this OP before
>>
>>33154404
If by 'have a record' you mean you've been dishonorably discharged or have been convicted of a felony, then you're gonna have a hard time getting any gun.

Otherwise you can own whatever you want.

Also this is probably pasta.
>>
>>33154330
Yes it is. I wonder what the end game is.
>>
>>33154149
>lost a duck to turtles

Get geese instead.

>geese kill the turtles
>geese kill the snakes
>geese kill the hens
>geese kills op and wife then use his house as a base to expand from

Guys op is a goose and is asking for advice on weapons.
>>
>>33154149
You have a picture of a Browning T bolt. One of those in 22 WMR would be fine for what you have described.
>>
Get either a
1: AR15 in .223
2: Lever Action gun
3: Ma Deuce
>>
>>33154673
That last clip with the rhino some asshole is antagonizing the animals with a laser pointer.
>>
File: NA9102-2.jpg (26KB, 490x129px) Image search: [Google]
NA9102-2.jpg
26KB, 490x129px
>>33154149
>and I doubt they will let me rustle up and M-14.
That's where you're wrong kiddo

>>33154404
>$2000

Get a Ruger 10/22 for the varmints. They can be had for around 200 and are perfect for that exact purpose, then get a springfield M1A because why the hell not. Spend any remaining money on ammo.
>>
>>33154404
Record? you may want to clarify that. felony convictions, dishonorable discharges, and a couple of specific misdemeanors make it illegal to possess a firearm.

I'd probably just get a .22lr for you unless those yotes are a real problem or you want the ability to engage them past 25yards or so in which case a .22 WMR would likely be a better choice. If you want a bolt gun id go with a Savage mark 2, semi aut id probably go with the Marlin 795. both are very accurate, affordable, enjoy a good reputation and are GTG out of the box. if you want something nicer id probably go with a cz 455, they're a little classier looking and better finished imo.
>>
>>33155062
>>33154668
>>33154491
>>33154404

Was this all just a plot to see if /k/ would hook someone up with an illegal gun?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.