[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sketchy shooting range patron asked me to load and hide a snap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: 4ch.jpg (86KB, 640x405px) Image search: [Google]
4ch.jpg
86KB, 640x405px
I was at the shooting rage today and this guy tapped me and asked if I would load his magazine with 7 live rounds and 1 snap cap in the middle somewhere random so he could test his "trigger discipline". I acted like I couldn't hear him and shook my head and he went to the next guy in the ports. Was I being a dick, is this even a safe practice. I ask all the veteran shooter out there for your opinion?
>>
I don't know about testing "trigger discipline" but this does seem like a legitimate way to see if you have a flinch.
>>
>>33145304
this is a common way to train malfunction drills or to diagnose a flinch

you're stupid
>>
what he was asking for was legit. you didn't know better as I assume you're a newbie so I wouldn't feel bad about it.
>>
>>33145304

You're stupid
>>
Good call op, helping people improve their shooting skills just makes them a future threat.
>>
>>33145340
I am a beginner when it comes to firearms. I figured he would have asked one of the range officers, having said that I also did not know if it was common practice and did not want to violate any rules the range I was at may have in place. Thanks for your response.
>>
>be me, at the range with my 1911
>kind of a beginner shooter but I'm willing to learn
>friend tells me how to check for flinch, usually get someone eose to randomly reload a magazine for you with one snap cap thrown in so you can see how bad you are at flinching/anticipating recoil etc.
>ask the first guy next to me at the range, spaghetti slips out the pockets and I forgot to say flinching and said "trigger discipline" instead
>makes eye contact with me, then turns away, not even trying to understand what I said
>I'm too embarassed so I just go to the next stall

man what the fuck.
>>
>>33145304
People do that to practice clearing malfunctions. You should have helped him.
>>
>>33145304
I do this to my dads magazines when we shoot because he is awful at clearing malfunctions.

>bang
>bang
>click
>click
>stares at the pistol
>taps mag
>click
He didnt even cycle it!
>>
I hate to say I am sorry I asked but glad I did. Im sorry I was not raised on firearms and did not want to do something unsafe at the range and be asked to leave or something dumb. My father cant teach me shit about firearms I have me, myself and I. I figured it was best to not do it not knowing if it was safe and ask and actually learn something. Thank you to some of you. I am going to try it myself now.
>>
>>33145530
O-oh.. well sure thing anon glad that we can help
>>
File: DogeMuchTargetSoShoot.jpg (205KB, 684x716px) Image search: [Google]
DogeMuchTargetSoShoot.jpg
205KB, 684x716px
>>33145530
It's good that OP doesn't afraid of asking questions.

I used to load my own snap caps, but the RSO never liked me wearing a blindfold at the shooting bench.
>>
>>33145304
>Was I being a dick
Yes
>>
File: 1484466549725.png (18KB, 132x196px)
1484466549725.png
18KB, 132x196px
>>33145304
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>33145767
lol'd
>>
>>33145304
are you socially retarded?
>>
>>33145530
how about using common sense? you dont sound old enough or mature enough to handle firearms
>>
>>33145304
I think he wanted to test to see if he was flinching, OP.
>>
File: spurdo_real.jpg (74KB, 400x395px)
spurdo_real.jpg
74KB, 400x395px
>>33145401
lidderally dis :-D
>>
>>33145304
That's what snap caps are for you autistic dipshit. If you load it yourself you know where it is and won't help you correct for flinch/heeling/palming etc
>>
>>33145767
I'm using this exclusively from now on
>>
Look up Ball and Dummy Drill. He meant trigger control.
>>
>>33145304

If you were uncomfortable with the request, you should have just stated so.

I think it was a legit request, and you could have learned something, or made a friend.
>>
File: 1487044760709.png (467KB, 1151x734px) Image search: [Google]
1487044760709.png
467KB, 1151x734px
>>33145304
Great job not falling for his scam OP. He could have stashed the mag then shot someone with it later and the shell casings would have your fingerprints on them.
>>
>>33145304

I don't really understand autistic people or why they are unable to communicate about simple issues.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but if you can't have a normal conversation with fellow human beings, you probably shouldn't be in possession of firearms. Seriously.
>>
>>33145304

If the guy already had live rounds how could snap caps make it less safe?

It's not like he'll forget he asked you to put it in there and look down the barrel when it doesn't fire.

He obviously wanted to either check for a flinch or to practise a more spontaneous tap+rack drill.

>pretended I didn't hear him and shook my head

You didn't even hear them out.

I guess if you didn't offend them from how rude you were it doesn't matter, but still, rude dude.
>>
>>33145304
>Was I being a dick
Yes
The guy was trying to practice for malfunctions and it wouldn't be a surprise if he put it in himself
>>
>>33146184
>commits shooting
>with a randomly mixed in snap cap
that sounds ballsy as fuck. Tap rack bang on a whole new level
>>
>tfw been shooting for years and own about 15 different guns, but had no clue what a fucking snap cap was until I read this thread

fuck
>>
>>33146360
its an invention to solve a nonexistent problem of course the gun industry loves snapcaps
>>
>>33145828
It sounds like a fairly reasonable thing to do in OPs position. Consider the implications of someone saying that they're "testing" their trigger discipline, it sounds like an ND waiting to happen if you don't know about failure drills.

Imagine that you are new at a job with machinery being operated. Someone you don't know comes to you and tells you to set up a machine differently so that he can test if he's operating it safely. So you say no. It turns out that it was a legitimate procedure, and is actually to check if the machine is working correctly, but you made the right call as a newbie responding to this unfamiliar request.
>>
>>33146360
>>tfw been shooting for years and own about 15 different guns, but had no clue what a fucking snap cap was until I read this thread

Sell your guns and just play with your penis from here on out.
>>
>>33146392
I mean, obviously it hasn't been that important until now or someone I know/shoot with would have mentioned it.

I've literally never seen one before any time I've gone shooting, but now I want some.
>>
>>33146386
>It sounds like a fairly reasonable thing to do in OPs position

OP could have COMMUNICATED his ignorance or unwillingness to assist. A normal person doesn't stagger around in circles going LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

OP is a sperglord that should be disarmed and given a good spanking.
>>
>>33145304
I don't know about trigger discipline but I throw a snap cap into a mag leave it there for a few minutes so I forget where it is exactly and shoot so I can if I'm flinching.
>>
>>33145359
Kek
>>
>>33145304
FUKK every childish gaytarded shitstain in this thread saying OP:
>hurr social awakward n sheet
>autistic, nuhuhh u are
>unfriendly, coulda made a cuddlebuddy
>ur stoopid, don't u know about trigghurrr control exercises are fegg???
So fugg that dumb loozzerr on a friend0 recon patrol, F00K all you adhd baby huey millennials in the ass with ur entitlement and fucking leave me be when u see me at the range. I payed the same as u to play the same too. Now, cos u wants to perfect your autism with watthefukever drill, you feel it necessary to inconvenience ME??? If I says it once....
Ohhh, wat-wats that, you feel u should pay my way at the range today. No thanks I'm good. If such a noble act to have bestowed upon oneself try hittin up the ro, surely he never gets tired of obliging. Ohhh, wat-wats that u say, u want to employ me so as to be your personal magazine stuffer. Nah, like I says, I'm good. Don't u got no friends u can drag here with you? Wat about grammy, all she does it talk at the magic box all day, bet she'd be tickled.
OP you're gud and don't think it's ok for idiots to barge into your lane, encroach at your table or invade your space, physically contact your person and then ask if they could inconvenience you. That's far from what you were, or anybody in the same position was, expecting to accomplish before you left for the range. If someone doesn't have the decency, courtesy, w/e to not interrupt my session, why would they expect anything less in return? I woulda gave him a value sized FUCK OFF with visual and audible confirmation so nobody present was in any way confused about it.
>hurrr muh riots
>i am into entitled for into a clip fluffing bitch
>>
>>33145454
>bang
>bang
>click
>click
>stares at the pistol
>taps mag
>click

That's all it takes for a burglar to clear a malfunction from his Hi Point with the intent to rob and kill you.
>>
>>33145304
yes, loading snap caps at random is a good way to practice trigger pull and reduce flinch.

you need some third party to do it so you don't know which round is the dummy, so that you don't treat the dummy any different than the live rounds.
>>
>>33145359
top kek
>>
>>33146392
>just play with your penis
wait, this is a thing? details pls
>>
>>33145767
Kek'd for almost a solid minute straight
>>
>>33145304
Usually there is a no draw rule at the range.
>>
>>33145304
Are you really such a gun newb that you think it's a danger to have someone rack their slide to simulate a dud, fte or ftf so long as the bangy end isn't pointed toward you or someone else?
>>
>>33145828
Maybe give /k/ a break for a while man, it's getting to you. Guy made an honest mistake on the side of caution
>>
>>33145304
Totally safe practice, but I would probably never do it in an indoor range. If I do anything but point the gun down range and shoot I feel like I'm pissing off the RO.

Not to mention asking a stranger to load them. I get that you want it to be a surprise, but it's not too hard to throw one in a pile of bullets and just not look at the magazine while you load it.
>>
>>33145530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3uBezHdjd8
>>
>>33146871
This was hard on my eyes to read... so I didn't
>>
>>33148478
yeah, just think about titties or mg42 while closing your eyes when loading and you won't even remember the loading process
>>
>>33148530

Why not titties on a mg42, or a mg42 on titties. Might as well multitask.
>>
>Not using super-shitty ammunition to cause actual malfunctions for your malfunctions drills
Better to learn how you react to a catastrophic failure (such as getting an exploded receiver to the face) while on the range than in a home defense scenario!
>>
>>33145304
Yeah, you're a cucked dick.

What rule would that violate? How is that unsafe? Do you even think before you make decisions or are you so used to bowing to authority you drop your pants and bend over at the first available opportunity?
>>
>>33145530
Im sorry you don't know how to think for yourself.
>>
>>33145359
ascended level kek
>>
File: asdf.jpg (54KB, 1293x255px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
54KB, 1293x255px
>>33148812
oh god, that sounds like a good fap material and also provides a good armrest
>>
>>33146209
welcome to 4chan, now please fuck off.
>>
>>33148478
>If I do anything but point the gun down range and shoot I feel like I'm pissing off the RO.

Honestly, ROs get way too much shit. Think of how stupid the average person is, then give that person a gun. That's what they deal with every day. Couple that with the fact that they are either completely dissatisfied with the direction their life has taken, or a total fucking autist and you're not going to very often find a "happy" RO
>>
>>33145304
Stop replying to this thread. OP was retarded. Guyou who asked him to load is too dumb to just load 3 magazines randomly and shuffle them. Nothing to see here.
>>
File: Hi-Point.jpg (155KB, 800x625px)
Hi-Point.jpg
155KB, 800x625px
>>33145401
>
> be me, gangbanga at the range with my fowty Hi-Point
> ask the cracker next to me to “load a snap cap” for me
> he handles all my ammo and gets his fingerprints all over it
> I stash the mag it in my range bag, walk out de doe
> mag dump (sideways) on Orangejello Jones for eye’n my bitch
> drive away in my donk
> cracker’s fingerprints all over the casings at the scene

I dindu nuffin!
>>
>>33149119
COMMENCE THE GIGGLING
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.