[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We were supposed to have this. This beautiful dystopian man killing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: AAI SPR 01.jpg (418KB, 1280x642px) Image search: [Google]
AAI SPR 01.jpg
418KB, 1280x642px
We were supposed to have this.
This beautiful dystopian man killing machine.
It was slated to phase out M-16s by the 1990s.

w h a t
w e n t
w r o n g
>>
>>33130690
Why do people pretend to like ugly pieces of shit and hate M16s? Is it just being contrarian?
>>
>>33130751
>ugly

its elegant like a surgical instrument
and it has escape from new york written all over it

>also it can put 3 rounds in someone with a single pull of the trigger
> you hear FAPP and it shreds your internals
>>
>>33130690
I would love to have a traditionally-shaped rifle again but that thing is pretty ugly, to be honest.
But
>36 round two-row box
is that in the picture? If so that's fucking impressive given how small that thing is
>>
>>33130690
They wanted to go back to a traditional stock?
>>
>>33130792
>>also it can put 3 rounds in someone with a single pull of the trigger
>> you hear FAPP and it shreds your internals

The M16 can do this too..
>>
>>33130690
I wanna see this bullpup version they were talkin about
>>
File: commie scum remover.jpg (29KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
commie scum remover.jpg
29KB, 400x345px
>>33130815
only at close range

this thing has a fire rate of 2000/min, by the time the aim starts drifting due to recoil its already fired its third shot

- you could put all 3 in someone out to a couple hundred yards

also the full auto would be extremely controllable with this weapon on the other setting (it bursts at 2000, but full auto is 600 like an AK)

>>33130799
pic related

I think the two row box was the intended design and was caseless. But they made a stanag version just to be nice.
>>
>>33130889

600 rpm is bit slower than AK.

The thing with 3rd burst in ACR was that it was effectively replacement for single shots at extended ranges. Inaccuracy is accuracy if you have sufficient volume of fire has been reality in air combat since 50's. ACR 3rd burst was supposed to be that implemented in infantry small arms.
>>
>>33130690
Literally the worst rifle in that project.
>>
>>33130690

That's not a fish gun; it's some sort of whale.
>>
>>33130690
that rifle looks like ass. nasty, lumpy, overweight, laquisha ass.
>>
>>33130690
>Gas operated firing pin

Was ist das?
>>
>>33130690
Fiber glass shards in eyes mate
>>
File: Colt ACR.jpg (67KB, 1077x325px) Image search: [Google]
Colt ACR.jpg
67KB, 1077x325px
>>33130751
I don't personally have anything against M16s/AKs/SIGs/HKs/whatever. I just love old prototype guns, especially from the 80s. Shit just screams "spaceships with analog computers" and "VHS recordings of post-nuclear civil wars."
>>
>>33130690

M16 is perfection and perfection will never be replaced. This is why we will still be using the M16 until we develop railguns
>>
File: colt-660x386.png (261KB, 660x386px) Image search: [Google]
colt-660x386.png
261KB, 660x386px
>>33133843
I never understood why the colt ACR has that "rib" on the top of the handguard
>>
>>33133972
Because of all the close-quarter fighting in Vietnam, Colt designed it to double as a sword if you need it to.
>>
>>33133972
that video explains it
its the same as the rib sight on a shotgun
>>
>>33130751
that's not the case, it's just an interesting piece of weapons development and it's different. The firearms that are the most different, particularly the stillborn we know little to nothing about that was "set to overshadow today's gold standard" is always an interesting topic of discussion assuming anyone knows enough about it to HAVE a discussion.
>>
>>33130690
>there are people that still think the ACR program wasn't a waste of time, money, and brain power.
>>
>>33130690
That is one Rogue Trooper-looking firearm right there.
>>
File: Steyr ACR.jpg (7KB, 400x157px) Image search: [Google]
Steyr ACR.jpg
7KB, 400x157px
Steyr ACR is S P A C E G U N
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.