[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry if this is a dumb question. My dad passed away and we found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: gun.jpg (142KB, 1297x698px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
142KB, 1297x698px
Sorry if this is a dumb question. My dad passed away and we found this gun in his old house. tried loading it but you can still see part of the round while chambered, is this normal? I'm planning on taking it to a range when I have some free time and I don't want to have an accident
>>
>>33129411
You sure you got the right ammo?
>>
>>33129411
I wouldn't shoot that. Did you try taking the barrel out and seeing if the round fits flush? If it does, then there might be some issue when it feeds from the magazine, possibly the feed ramp or burrs on the firing pin block.
>>
That is out of battery and will probably either not fire, or blow up...
>probably a taurus
just go ahead and throw it in the garbage and know that your dad was a pleb...
>>
>>33129477
Stop being a dickhead
>>
>>33129440
Yes it's 9mm
>>
>>33129440
>>33129442
do this and then if the problem persists, go to a gunsmith. don't fuck with this yourself or you could get a pipebomb.
>>
>>33129411
Did you rack the slide and release it, or did you slowly bring it back forward. It seems like I've handled ba gun before that didn't completely go into battery if you tried to slowly chamber the round.
>>
>>33129442
I'm don't know how to take it apart. Was looking for youtube vids earlier but couldn't find any good references
>>
OP, it's probably safe for you to tell what brand and model this gun is.

Have you taken the magazine out, and pulled the slide back so the round ejected?
>>
>>33129557
No, I slowly brought it forward, had no idea that could be a problem

>>33129522
Yeah I'm gonna look for one this week, don't want it blowing up in my face
>>
>>33129616
So semi-autos are designed so that the springs provide the necessary force to chamber a round, you should load it by pulling the slide back and letting it go.
Also maybe get some snap caps so you can test the functionality of the gun without needing to use live rounds
>>
>>33129411
Why don't you post the entire gun so we would know what were working with here.
>>
>>33129616
Clear the pistol. Make sure there is nothing in chamber or magazine. Now examine the chamber (where the bullet sits). Make sure there aren't any visible intrusions(debris, dirt, etc) or marring in the chamber that would stop a complete chamber. If it looks good load your magazine back in firearm. Finger off the trigger, muzzle pointed at the ground. Now rack the slide back to the rear and drop it. DO NOT ride slide home. Reinspect pistol and see if that fixes your problem
>>
>>33129690
This
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.