[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright I need to know which is a better pistol to go for The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Alright I need to know which is a better pistol to go for

The USP 9mm or the CZ 9mm?

I'm trying to determine which gun would be better use for the long run and as well accessibility to parts and mags.

I heard the usp has a polygonal barrel and if I go for the USP can I acquire rifling barrel so that I can freely use lead bullets instead of all copper or does the CZ 9mm compared to the USP 9mm has the rifled barrel?
>>
>>33127567
>oh Haaaans!
>vat ist it Otis?
>zere ist a fellow on ze veapons forum asking about if he should get ze glorious german engineered pistol built vith german power OR he should get ze one zat vas made by zat one country zat once built panzers for us germans in ze gut old days
>tell him he should get ze german one because it's far more reliable und built vith perfection und simplicity
>oh should ve tell him to be sure to read up on ze book on calculus und german math?
>sure und tell him to go practice math und engineering because he's gonna be happy vith ze german pistol
>oh vat about ze CZ one!?
>tell him it vaz made by ze judens
>Hans your a GENIUS!
>>
>>33127567
I have a p07. No problems with it. Shoots well.

No idea how the USP is. >>33127567
>>
>>33127567
The USP will hold up to extremely high round counts better than the CZ. USPs made before ~1994 will have traditional rifling.
>>
>>33127738
Op here

But what if I'm unable to find 1994 usp models?

Are there rifled barrels I can simply buy for the usp and if so what can it fit and not fit into since there are different variants of the usp
>>
>>33127840
Shut up and be a good german lover and buy the german handgun
>>
>>33127567
P30 is just an USP with updated ergonomics
>>
>>33127567
The cz p-01 is the only pistol to pass NATO testing.
CZs are a lot more durable than people realize.

That being said the USP is still a good choice.
I almost got one, but ended up with a sp-01
>>
>>33127840
You might be SOL if you want traditional rifling that bad. What kind of lead 9mm are you planning on using?
>>
My biggest problem with HK is the mag release. Not that it's bad. I just grew up shooting a 1911 and a Luger. And all my pistols have the traditional magwell button release. I just don't see a reason to buy one with a different mag release. Sadly I know, as the vp9 fit into my hand like it was made for it
>>
>>33127924
Basically any 9mm bullets for reloading or for simple use of old 9mm lead rounds but I'm sorta torn between the two pistols

What does one has that the other doesn't and if I go with one or the other how common and easy would I find parts and mags?

Sorry for sounding like a newfag it's just I'm not very knowledge on guns.
>>
>>33127996
I don't know shit about CZ but I know if you want parts not directly from HK there's really only one site to use.
>>
File: foodbar.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
foodbar.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
All of you are amateurs.

Food is all you need.
>>
>>33128223
How can i put holes in people from distance with food?
>>
>>33127682
underratted keke
>>
>>33128260

peanut butter filled hollowpoints.
>>
>>33127567
>USP vs. CZ
Comes down to largely ergonomic preference and how much you feel like spending. H&K magazines are fuckspensive and there aren't any aftermarket options that I know of.

H&K is very well made though. I wouldn't worry much about parts breaking. You also get an accessory rail which is nice (even though it is proprietary and polymer CZs have better ones). If you like the paddle release get the H&K.

Also, don't be afraid to try out some of H&K's other pistols. The P2000, P30, VP9, etc. They're all pretty nice.

With CZ only problem is that the slide runs inside the frame so gripping it and running it back can be tricky. Definitely try shooting it before you buy it. Also, being a steel-framed gun (unless you're looking at a polymer model) it weighs more so service carry and concealed carry is tougher.
It is a much cheaper gun and very nice to shoot as well. Spare mags are expensive but you can get very good and cheap Mac-Gar ones for like $20 each.
>I heard the usp has a polygonal barrel and if I go for the USP can I acquire rifling barrel so that I can freely use lead bullets instead of all copper
Polygonal rifling is a non-issue. As long as you shoot either FMJ or JHP you're fine. It just needs some kind of non-lead jacketing over the sides of the bullet that contact the rifling. That means cast lead with no jacketing are a no-go, but those aren't very common anyway.

You don't need to shoot pure copper bullets, that's just retarded. Lead core FMJ is fine.
>>33127996
You can just buy jacketed FMJ projectiles for reloads. Besides which 9mm is so cheap if you're trying to reload it to save cost how can you even afford a USP?
>>33127986
USP mag release is a little tricky for some at first but once you get used to it, it works great. Didn't take me long. If the VP9 fits your hand well and you like it I'd run 100-200 rounds out of a rental and see if this problem changes. I'm gonna bet you'll get used to it.
>>
I think I will just buy both
>>
>>33129853

>I think I will just buy both
>one for each hand

This is the real /k/ answer.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.