[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of modernizing the optic setup on my main AR.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I'm thinking of modernizing the optic setup on my main AR. It's used for close range to intermediate range shooting, sometimes with local tactical shooting competitions and such. I currently have a TA-31 ACOG, which I have been using for a long time. I've gotten used to using it as a close range optic and have overall liked the performance.

However, I feel like I'm falling behind the times. What optical set up can I get will offer me better close and intermediate range, fast-acquisition shooting? I'm not interested in a variable optic with a 1x setting, since I have found it to be clunkk to swap and if I get a 1x setting I want infinite eye relief.

I'm open to a micro red dot or even irons piggypacking on a scope, and a scope that's either fixed or variable in the 3x-6x kind of ballpark. Having generous eye relief would be a bonus. Looking for a total package under 11oz in weight. Price tag pretty much whatever.
>>
>>33126401
>Looking for a total package under 11oz in weight
Then you're not going to find anything, dumbass. Your ACOG weighs more than that already, unless you're using that tiny shit magnification one, and ACOGs are a generally hard to beat option for going lightweight.

http://www.firearmreviews.net/acog-comparison/
>>
>>33126444
I was going off Trijicon's specs on the sight, but I realized it didn't include the weight of a base. Let's say then 14oz, which is the weight of ther TA31 with a milspec mount.

What can I get that will be better without going higher weight? Willing to get a bit spendy for lighter weight materials.
>>
>>33126556
If by 'bit spendy' you mean $2-3 grand and up, then we can talk. Otherwise you fucked yourself with the weight restriction and lack of single variable. Unless you don't mind sacrificing durability for a few ounces... and honestly, even if you do it's going to be tough.
>>
>>33126935
2k is a lot, but something doable for an amazing optic.

I've done the blood rituals and bought spendy long range optics before, so I understand the cost factor.
>>
>>33126401
If you've gotten used to it and like it, you're hardly falling behind the times by using it and the training factor is the most important thing about using any scope out there. Every option has drawbacks, but training and familiarity with the option you've picked beats all else. You've not heard the phrase "beware the man with only one gun"?

>>33126981
opticsthoughts.com is the place to ask. He'll probably recommend a side mounted ultralightweight red dot along with either a lighter weight ACOG like the TA-33 or the Leupold VX-R (both being really light options). Still might not make the weight requirement you posted.
>>
>It's used for close range to intermediate range shooting
Irons.

You fucking mall ninja.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.