[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a more terrifying round than this? There's no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: glassslugs.jpg (99KB, 1039x600px) Image search: [Google]
glassslugs.jpg
99KB, 1039x600px
Is there a more terrifying round than this?

There's no way in hell they'd get all those little shards out of you
>>
>>33123673
What is it?
>>
>>33123691
A glass slug with a screw in it
>>
>>33123692
how does it not shatter in the gun's barrel when fired?
>>
>>33123692
Why would you want that? Well, sure its terrifying, but whats the practical purpose?
>>
>>33123698
It does, but the chunks are still big enough to do serious damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-n4bxxn9gA
>>
>>33123673
Coat it in bloody shit
>>
>>33123673

Yeah, the shotgun grenade round.
>>
>>33123711
What like a round that explodes into a bunch of shotguns?
>>
>>33123691
nerve gas
>>
>>33123701
you put one on your office desk and no one will mess with you at work

forever
>>
File: 1319035729548.jpg (176KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1319035729548.jpg
176KB, 500x532px
>>33123673
>There's no way in hell they'd get all those little shards out of you
If you're not shooting to kill, you're not doing it right.

Some neckbeard's attempt to be edgy isn't scary. Flechettes are scary. They pierce kevlar and shred flesh while having a much higher lethality than that redneck made piece of shit in your pic, OP.
>>
>>33123673
>what are Flechette rounds?
>what are Bolo rounds?
>>
>>33123722
no, a 20mm explosive fired from an AA-12 at 450rpm
>>
>>33123832
>what are Bolo rounds?

terrifying, that's what. WTF would they do to a person's arm??
>>
>>33123884
>Bolo rounds
knowing human beings invented these give me hope that we will come up on top on the inevitable alien invasion
>>
>>33123884
>>33123952
Hate to be the anon of bad news, but bolo rounds are exceptionally shitty at anything that isn't brush clearing - which is what they were made for.

Well, not shitty, really, but they basically turn into two small slugs. The wire breaks before it can actually do anything mutilaty.
>>
>>33123832
ur mum mate
>>
>>33123814

>Flechettes
>particularly lethal

so deadly that neither the military, nor hunters use them.
>>
>>33123701
To make sure you go to PMITA prison as soon as you use it one somebody.
>>
>>33123673
It would be against Geneva convention policy as the glass doesn't show on x-ray, but on the civilian side, I can think of a lot of rounds more terrific, considering you imply you survive it.
>>
File: giphy.gif (734KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
734KB, 460x345px
>>33124078
>boohoo the Geneva convention

Thanks for the idea OP
>>
>>33123963
But is it possible to fix that? Why not make our own with a heavier duty chain?
>>
>>33123832

>what are Flechette rounds?

Rounds that have a tendency to keyhole and not work in general. Better off packing your shotgun with nails.

>what are Bolo rounds?

Rounds that tend to snap and waste space in a shotcup. Better off with either buckshot or slugs.
>>
>>33124174

Why stop with a chain when you can just shoot a giant spring instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV6aW5LDRZE
>>
>>33123730
Kek
>>
>>33123991
Because they're not designed for hunting, and the military doesn't use shotguns that much.

>confirmed for idiot
>>
>>33124078

All glass is radioopaque. Why would you assume a solid object is invisible to X-rays?
>>
>>33123673
I mean, you're limited to one shot at a time, so don't miss.
>>
What the fuck? how is any of this legal?
>>
>>33123991
They're too deadly so the military is scared of using them and hunters aren't allowed to
>>
File: 1479480789025m.jpg (84KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
1479480789025m.jpg
84KB, 1024x577px
>is there any round more terrifying than this?

Anal Piercing Silicone Core 7 inch cartridges, banned by most middle eastern and European countries, Sweden, Finland, and France being 3 of the 6 countries who didn't sign the act, God save us.
>>
>>33124267
>Better off packing your shotgun with nails
Uh, that's essentially what flechettes are. Just nails that have been changed to fit better in shells.
>>
>>33125365
>radio
>xrays
Wut
>>
>>33125754

Radiography bro. Given the computerized X-rays in first world hospitals, I can see glass with pretty incredible resolution.

I'm an imaging equipment technician, install, repair, upgrade, calibrate and test X-ray CT MRI PET and others.
>>
>>33125754

Did you not know that X-rays are radio waves?

How sad for your parents. They probably think you went through school to learn things
>>
>>33125813
Not him, but serious question. How do you fall into a job like that? It doesn't seem like an obvious job to pick, let alone one someone would get excited about doing, so what made you want to travel down that path?
>>
>>33125718

Same difference. Ballistically they perform the same, what with the tumbling and what not.
>>
>>33125813
That's fine, but the term is a bit vague since radio waves are on a totally different part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

>tfw glass isn't opaque to the visible light spectrum

>>33125826
>b8
>>
>>33126125
Trauma X ray and CT tech here. All glass is radioopaque, regardless of lead content. If it's a chunk bigger than 2mm, it's visible almost all the time. The glass dust that the OPs shotgun shell would turn into would probably show up based on concentration in the wound channel.

It would still be a bitch and a half to do surgery on though, but all shotgun wounds that aren't immediately fatal are hamburger surgeries anyway.
Because the entire abdominal cavity would be coated in glass dust and there are tons of arteries and veins that run through that area, there is a chance that it could work its way into the circulatory system and create secondary lacerations in the short term before scar tissue seals it in place.
>>
>>33123673
From my extensive research as an alcohol with a lot of experience in falling on broken bottles/pints/windows and getting hit with them I've found out that glass has a funny way of finding its way out of you just as easily as it went in. I've had some slightly worrying sized shards of glass just popping out of wounds that looked and felt like minor scratches for days
>>
>>33125365
>All glass is radiopaque; however, there is limited ability for radiography to detect glass fragments smaller than 2 mm.
Straight from Google
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2007/0901/p683.html
>>
>>33123991
>Penetrates soft armor, which militaries don't use and animals don't wear
Gets the noggin joggin
>>
File: look_at_me.jpg (38KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
look_at_me.jpg
38KB, 900x675px
>>33125696
Would a flare shoot that out with significant force?
>>
>>33125912

Got a certificate in electronic technology, had a contact with GE, money is incredible. I get to work on some impressive machines. There is a 7Tesla small bore MRI that I get to fiddle with, it's incredibly powerful.

The poles of your hydrogen atoms align with the magnetic field, and then strong RF pulses knock them perpendicular. It measures the time of excitation and relaxation. This is calculated by Fourier transform and output into a matrix that can be calculated to form images.

Tl;dr. I'm a nerd who is well motivated by cash money
>>
>>33126869

Limited? Only by how much time a Radiologist is willing to spend staring at your pictures, and how many exposures it takes to get the dangerous shit out. They could dick with energy levels and exposure times and positioning angles all day if it was that important.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.