[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this not a thread yet? Discuss. https://www.thetrutha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: facebook_-1647696855.jpg (49KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
facebook_-1647696855.jpg
49KB, 600x337px
How is this not a thread yet?
Discuss.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/02/john-boch/proposed-executive-order-designating-rifles-militia-purposes/
>>
I don't see how an executive order can override state law.
>>
>>33118791

A very very bad idea.

Only very specific rifles are named, only if made in america, and there are magazine limits.

This can seriously come back to bite us in the ass, especially if the militia is redefined again.

I cannot stress how terrible of an idea this is. The executive order should simply use Black's Law Dictionary to say that all "arms" are protected by the second amendment.
>>
>>33118791
>“Self-Defense” shall mean the actions of citizens to defend themselves and their families from physical attack.
stupid
>>
>>33118791
Is that quote from the R9k Bible?
>>
>>33118831
This is actually governments role, to stop shit like this from happening. They are there to protect our given rights, such as the 2A provides.
>>
>>33118952
Yes but an executive order is not law.
>>
>>33118967
>Executive orders have the full force of law when based on the authority derived from statute or the Constitution itself.
>>
Good intentions, awful idea.
Just fucking outlaw any state, county, or city legislation that infringes on the second amendment, or better yet anything in the constitution.
>>
>>33118980
I'll believe it when I see it
>>
Should be law. EO had be turned over day one of new president.
>>
File: IMG_6991.jpg (44KB, 457x381px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6991.jpg
44KB, 457x381px
>>33118988
>Just
>>Just
>"Just"
>>"""Just"""
>>
>>33119001
Yup, need to actaully pass legislation that would need to be actively repealed by the democrats. which, by the way, the democrats would have a bitch of a time doing even if they get another 2008-like clean sweep.
>>
>>33118791
I'd like to see a dozen more definitions of suitable arms. There's a lot of rifles that wouldn't fit within those categories. I'd want to go a few steps further and declare that any semiautomatic version of a military firearm in past, current, or future usage or under consideration for usage by the US military is a suitable militia arm--meaning that firearms like AR-10's, FAL's, G3's, AK derivatives, most H&K, FNH, Beretta, Colt, Armalite, Springfield, and most other manufacturers' guns are protected. Further, this EO can be essentially cemented into law and made difficult to repeal without support of both Congress and the Senate. I'd also do away with the magazine limits or clarify that any magazine offered by the firearm's manufacturer or any capable of being used in that rifle would be entirely legal. I particularly object to the 30-round capacity for an AR-15 (why not 40+?) and 20-round for the M1A. (Why not 25+?)
>>
>>33119116

>trump trolls liberals by listing all select-fire weapons as for the militia, thus nullifying the NFA

thank god that nigger abused EO's over his eight years in office. precedence is a motherfucker
>>
I'd like an EO that clarifies the 2nd as existing to ensure the people can defend themselves against a military takeover. That would bring down all the laws limiting the people's access to firearms and crush the NFA.
>>
File: 1390971035691.jpg (37KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1390971035691.jpg
37KB, 500x391px
>>33119465
>when the Amazon drone drops off the Raytheon FIM-92 Stinger you ordered with mom's credit card and you use it to shoot down a potential Chinese bomber cleverly disguised as a commercial airliner
>>
It seems almost certain that in the next 20 months congress will produce a CCW reciprocity bill. It is also almost certain that Trump will sign that bill into law.

So that's your vehicle for lasting gun reform, because amendments to that bill could easily serve to repeal or render obsolete the NFA (even partially) and secure 2A rights in all states (including CA, NY, Chicago etc.). The NRA isnt going to do much for you on that front but there are other gun reform groups that can. This is probably a once-in-a-lifetime shot to not only secure our 2A rights, but strengthen them and set up an almost impenetrable bulwark against liberal incursions on that right.
>>
>>33119517
If you've got the money to buy MANPADS you probably aren't retarded enough to use it.
>>
>>33119545
You can't buy smarts.
Maybe some hieress bimbo/brodude would.
>>
>>33118791
Only American made guns
No mention of handguns
Limiting calibers
Setting Magazine limits

More importantly did you see:

in case of a need to act, as a current or future member of a local, State or National organization commanded by government officials

This only applies to you if you are willing to be commanded by a government official. If you disagree with something the feds are doing this may not apply to you. If you are too old to be accepted in the military is might not apply to you.

It lists some organizations that would count but its total bullshit. Your right to bear arms is not dependent on you agreeing to bear them in the name of the state. Protection from the state is important and this EO tries to contradict that.

Why would anyone support this as written? Does anyone truly believe this is real? It seems like total douchery to me. I don't think Trump is crowd sourcing with EOs.
>>
>>33119568
Then they're precucked and wouldn't use them. Brodude might, but he's more likely to get a Minigun and try to hip fire it.
>>
>>33119600
>linking the militia to Government control in any way, shape, or form
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MILITIAS, AS THEIR PURPOSE IS TO DEFEND CITIZENS AGAINST THE TYRANNY OF THE STATE, SHOULD NOT BE UNDER, DEPENDANT ON, OR LINKED TO GOVERNMENT CONTROL IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33118791
this isn't a rumored Trump EO, this is a a mock up EO by some Virginia lawyer

the fuck is the point of this gay thread?
>>
>>33120006
To make people aware that there are people preposing this type of shit. We have to be careful of snakes in the grass no matter what their allegiance might be.
>>
>>33120006
Fake news to turn people against Trump.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.