[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My grandfather is leaving me 14 guns before he dies of lung cancer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: leafguy.jpg (23KB, 336x229px) Image search: [Google]
leafguy.jpg
23KB, 336x229px
My grandfather is leaving me 14 guns before he dies of lung cancer. I have to transport them all from Alabama to michgan. What troubles would I have?
>>
IANAL but there is a federal law that prohibits states from levying charges against you if you are traveling from one state to another.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act#.22Safe_Passage.22_provision

If what you have is legal in Michigan, you should be fine.
>>
>>33117326
Same poster here, I'm mildly retarded and just automatically assumed OP would be driving from AL to MI.

No idea how it works if you plan on shipping or flying.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926A
>>
>>33117302
If you have handguns in the collection you'll have to go to your local PD/sheriff's office and register them. If you want to be legal I mean. Otherwise you're fine.
>>
>>33117347

I did plan on driving

>>33117364

Would I have to register them in Alabama or Michigan?
>>
>>33117364
This poster is retarded. You don't have to register inherited guns.
>>
>>33117416
You should be safe then. Drive in a straight line and keep them unloaded and in the trunk. If you get pulled over, the cops don't need to know about it unless they have a legal right to search your car.
>>
>>33117742
This.
>>
>>33117416
>Would I have to register them in Alabama or Michigan?
No.
>>
>>33117364
>retarded tripfag is completely wrong
shocking really
>>33117302
Locks on the guns, ammo in separate cases and locked and you'll be fine
>>
>>33117742

MCL 28.422

You are required to register handguns obtained in another state immediately upon arrival to Michigan as a resident of the state.

Same applies to handguns inherited in Michigan, or handguns inherited in a different state and subsequently transferred to Michigan.

A bill enacted in November 2015 removed the onus of estate transfer requirements that mandated the executor first transfer and register the guns to Their name and then subsequently transfer and register to the person inheriting them.

But the fact remains, all handguns possessed by a Michigan resident must be registered. All, no special cases, and you should look up Michigan Common law if you disagree.

Again, mcl 28.422
>>
Here it is in plain speak

http://city-chelsea.org/Portals/0/Website%20Content/Police/Gun%20Permit%20FAQ.pdf
>>
>>33117302
don't do anything stupid and you are fine.
I moved from Ca to Fl a few years ago and had a lot of guns in my car including one in a bag in the passenger seat. I got stopped at a checkpoint and they asked where I was going. I said I was moving to Fl. They asked if I had any guns in the car. I said there are lots of guns in the car, everything I own is in the car. They said ok, and let me go.
>>
>>33117302
None whatsoever. Just load them into your car (unloaded, of course) and drive them up.
>>
>>33117416
>Would I have to register them in Alabama or Michigan?
No.

Sorry about your grandfather. Congratulations on carrying on the family legacy.
>>
>>33117983
>I got stopped at a checkpoint and they asked where I was going
Should've asked them if you were being detained, desu.
>>
This thread is very helpful, thank you all.
>>
Why not just move in with the guns in Alabama senpai?
>>
File: 1478908348996.jpg (79KB, 537x647px) Image search: [Google]
1478908348996.jpg
79KB, 537x647px
don't fucking register just drive them over and if some fucking how you get stopped refuse to be searched and then state if they somehow find your funs that you were on your way to register them
>>
>>33118017

You are wrong.

You should feel bad about spouting bad legal advice.

Fucking michigan law is clear and they DO prosecute if you ever get caught up in something related.
>>
>>33117302
Take the battery out of your cell phone before you go, police have fucking ridiculous technological spying powers these days. From downloading everywhere the phone has been to tracking it's curret location. If it's near one of their NSA devices it's nabbing that info.
>>
>>33118077
I don't like the heat.
>>
>>33118021
Unironically this
>>33117302
Keep your mouth shut and you'll be fine
>>
>>33118176
Bama isn't very hot desu.
>>
>>33117687
Handguns you do dipshit. Doesn't matter how you get them. Which is exactly what I said.
>>
>>33117302
Sorry for your loss.

Now what are you getting.
>>
>>33118326
I've been a noguns for most of my life and just played video games, so I can't remember most of them. I know I'm getting .357 revolver and a .44 revolver, a m1911, a scoped .22, a .44 rifle, and some other pistols.
>>
>>33117302

Not OP, but in the same vein:

> have brother in the Army
> got out on psych disability for PTSD
> has a ton of guns, some of which are family heirlooms from our father
> he can't legally purchase guns or get a CHL, the law on his actually owning guns he owned beforehand is a little vague
> nobody knows if a hook squad is going to get his shit or not
> I've told him that I'd keep the guns, but he's all "I'm not surrendering mah guns."

The question: Is it legal for him to keep guns he owned prior to his disability ruling and if not how could he transfer the guns to me?
>>
>>33117416
you don't need to register long guns in either state

I think Michigan needs handgun registration but IDK
>>
>>33118799
The answer is: who cares? As long as he doesn't get caught, then it doesn't matter.

The 2nd Amendent is clear. Ignore everything else.
>>
>>33118799

What state? In Arizona, he just has to give them to you. In California, you'd have to transfer them through an FFL holder.
>>
>>33118898
>In California, you'd have to transfer them through an FFL holder
Anyone complying with this deserves to be put up against a wall and shot.
>>
>>33118459
Don't sell anything. Especially not knowing what they are.
>>
>>33118287
Why do you think this? It isn't true.
>>
>>33119608
Maybe living in the state for 30 years fuck face. Maybe the laws cited here>>33117894. Christ almighty fucking Google it shit for brains. You have to register handguns in the state of fucking Michigan. What's so fucking hard to understand about that?
>>
>>33117687
How does this make sense in any way
>>
>>33117777
Motherfucking CHECKED.
Double dubs and quads speak truth.
>>
>>33119141
Wasn't planning too, but my buddy who's driving with me there wants to get the SAA he has.
>>
>>33117302
>I have to transport them all from Alabama to michgan.

no you dont. you box them up and ship them to yourself because you're not a fucking idiot

oh wait - you are
>>
>>33118272
It's humid though, which makes it feel a lot hotter than it is.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.