[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I'm making a JRPG and I want to know if this order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1483484227495.jpg (8KB, 200x138px) Image search: [Google]
1483484227495.jpg
8KB, 200x138px
Hey /k/ I'm making a JRPG and I want to know if this order of equipment material progression is correct (from weakest to strongest), since I want to keep it fairly realistic

>Wooden
>Bamboo
>Jade
>Copper
>Silver
>Bronze
>Brass
>Iron
>Steel
>Obsidian (for sharp weapons) and Titanium (for blunt weapons)
>>
I don't think the majority of those materials are used in the construction of a rocket propelled grenade
>>
>>33106677
>Silver
>For weapons and armor
WEW LAD
>>
File: oh desu.jpg (393KB, 1374x1400px) Image search: [Google]
oh desu.jpg
393KB, 1374x1400px
>>33106677
>Jade
>Silver
>Brass better than Bronze
>Titanium
>>
>>33106677
bamboo == wood nerd
>>
>>33106677
I know RPG, role playing game. I'm a lvl 7 wizard in dungeons and dragons.

What's a jrpg?

Also I was an infantryman and there's literally nothing you can protect yourself with for 30 dollars. Drink 30 dollars worth of alcohol and hope you don't get shot.
>>
>>33108825
Same thing, but JAPAN!
>>
>>33106677
>Using jade as a weapon
>Copper bellow silver and brass
>Brass above fucking bronze
>obsidian and titanium above steel

Alright fucko, Bronze was the weapon of choice for everyone for an entire era, hench the "bronze age," you will never find any society that used fucking brass, silver, or jade as serious weaponry.

Also, obsidian indeed is very sharp, but it's also very brittle and would become completely useless if it ever came in contact with any sort of steel, shirt of maille means you're basically using a wooden club.
>>
>>33106677
Flint: Can be sharper than you might expect, but blades are fragile and take a lot of time and specialized skill to make.
Copper/brass: Soft, won't hold a good edge, but can be repaired by someone without much skill so they can last longer than flint.
Bronze: Also can be sharper than many people might expect, but tents to dull quickly and is heavy. Much more durable than stone or copper though. Bronze swords are still pretty effective against opponents without armor, but you don't want to smack one into iron or steel, especially edge-to-edge contact. Relatively expensive, especially in a pre-modern setting.
Iron: Cheaper than bronze, has mostly similar properties. Iron swords are noted for being easily bent in combat, with the wielder bending them back into shape and resuming the fight.
Steel: There's a huge variance in quality of different steels, with some being barely distinguishable from iron, some being hard but brittle, and the best steels being both strong and flexible. A good high-quality springy steel is what you want for any cutting weapon, avoid stainless for anything but utility knives. Takes a lot of metallurgical knowledge to get the alloying right, and is only cheap if you have the proper, mid-late-medieval blast furnace manufacturing to support mass production.
Glass/obsidian: Almost useless for weapons, the cultures that did use obsidian weapons had nothing better and understood how absurdly fragile it was, and used many small replaceable blades to make up for it shattering in one hit.
Titanium: Ridiculously expensive and demanding of high-tech processes to make, and not flexible enough for swords. Even as hard as it is it'll still snap in combat. Completely pointless if you have steel, and if you can't make steel there's no way you can get titanium.
>>
>>33106677

desu, I would do something like:

Wood/Flint
Bronze
Steel

And because you have creative license just make items after steel quality "Mastercrafted", "Enchanted","Legendary" or just unique in some way.

Unfortunately, melee weapons stopped getting better when metal became better suited for making bullets.
>>
>>33109562
You could also do shit like "iron, steel, crucible steel, etc."
>>
>>33108905
those crazy new zealanders used jade
>>
File: 213431241324123.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
213431241324123.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>>33110326
>New Zealand
>Ever relevant
Pick one
>>
>>33111445
The natives were stone age with regard to weapons.

>>33106677
Obsidian is sharp as fuck but it is also too brittle to be used against armour
>>
>>33106677
try this instead...

Armor
>none
>wicker/bamboo
>cloth
>leather
>bronze
>iron/steel
-scale, ring, plate

weapons
>fists
>primitive (rock/stick/bone)
>bronze
>iron
>steel
>>
>>33106797
STEEL FOR HUMANS

SILVER FOR MONSTERS
>>
>>33110326
Only because it was pretty, not because it was particularly good. The majority of Patu were made of whalebone or greywacke, its just that comparatively few of them survive as they weren't as prized as greenstone ones. I guess they were like the katana of pre-colonial Maori.
>>
File: is this sodomite serious.jpg (24KB, 288x252px) Image search: [Google]
is this sodomite serious.jpg
24KB, 288x252px
>>33106677
>Silver
>using soft rare metals for non-decorative weapons
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.