[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just got the ruger 10/22 Where are good recommended places

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Picture 7.jpg (69KB, 864x480px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 7.jpg
69KB, 864x480px
So I just got the ruger 10/22

Where are good recommended places to check out for after market accessories? Cause for starters...the mag is kinda lame.

If it helps, I'm in the shit hole of ny.
>>
>>33106407
Shoot it for awhile.
But an auto bolt release is nice and maybe a trigger. That's plenty to get started if you really want something. It doesn't need much.
>>
>>33106407
You'll have to deal with the mags, I'm in NY too but I have a connector that links 3 10 rounders into a triangle/star shape. The Magpul X22 stock is breddy gud IMO if you have money for it. You can get things like a better mag release, a better trigger, a rail for a scope, a bipod, etc. Ebay has a lot of simple parts and if you look around online you can find mags for about $15 each. Depending where you are in NY you can make a trip out of state for the 25 round mags. But obviously that's a felony once you bring them into NY.
>>
>>33106431
>>33106451
Thank you much, guys. Appreciate it.
>>
>>33106407
BX25

The last mag you'll ever need.
>>
>>33106552
>BX25
Damn, dude. There's no way they'll ship that to me in NY and I don't know anyone that won't be a pussy about sending it to them and them sending it to me.
>>
>>33106841
>There's no way they'll ship that to me in NY

>drive to PA/WV/VT
>buy box of BX-25s
>drive back home
>>
>>33106872
lmfao, true.
>>
If you live in New York you are probably going to shoot it in the winter. The front site post is painted white, it is on mine, and that sucks with a snow background. Buy a little bottle of red Testors paint and paint it red.
>>
>>33106407
Bx trigger is the best value upgrade as far as shootability is concerned. Theyre really great for the price, the advantages are very noticeable immediately in shooting.
>>
>>33106407
I like the mag, it stays flush within the stock. To remove it, hold the mag release and let gravity do the work.
>>
Do some research on which part does what, then go to this website and have fun:
MidWayUSA.com

There are some cheap parts that make the 10/22 so much better. They sell them in kits too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWXD5C3mbb0

that video has some neat stuff. tech sights are a decent upgrade. magpul is coming out with a backpacker version of their x22 stock in the spring. it snaps together and holds 3 10rd mags in a stash compartment. get the triangle thing that snaps 3 mags together too. bx25 is great too but sorry about your state. there are 110rd drum mags too that are overkill, but really great for plinking and dicking around.
>>
>>33110537
oh and hazard 4 plan b is an upgrade for the stock bag that is a lil roomier and has better materials. it's tacticool molle stuff tho so im not sure if that's a fit for you.
>>
Nogunz buying first gun soon I've been looking at the 10/22 take-down but feel like I would get bored of it fast I need help finding a gun that isn't a 22 but really cheap or should I just stick with the 22
>>
>>33111278
Get the 10/22. If you feel like you have to have something else, build a basic AR-15 from some of PSA's parts kits and buy a .22 conversion kit. There are no issues with firing a .22 down a barrel chambered in 5.56, so you just need a new BCG and magazine setup, and you suddenly have a rifle that can shoot cheap practice ammo, more expensive milsurp 5.56, or match grade .223.
>>
>>33111278
can you afford ammo? this is the real question. if dropping $300 for a thousand rounds doesnt faze you go ahead and skip the 22 you can get one later if you want.
>>
>>33111278
Honestly a used police glock is cheapish and not an instant regret purchase.

>>33111510
this. it's easy to keep a stockpile of 9mm and 22lr with a very modest budget.

>>33111476
best advice for a gun that can grow with you instead of being limited to a children's gun. that said, the 10/22 is probably the gun you'll be most likely to shoot and have fun with so weigh your needs against that.
>>
>>33111278
Buy the 10/22. That said, if you want something that's a little more badass-looking, you could try one of these: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15-22-sport

Disclaimer: I know those are California-legal because, oddly enough, rimfire rifles are specifically exempted from our obnoxious assault weapons law. I don't, however, know if the same is true of New York State. Double check before buying.
>>
So because we don't have enough 10/22s, I'm looking at getting a takedown model. Any suggestions on stocks, or is the X-22 my best bet?
>>
>>33112040
Why doncha try the one it came with for a while? I wanted to Bubba mine when I first got it, too. But frankly, once I'd shot it for a while, I decided that was a dumb idea. You might, too.

Again, if you want something that looks all operator-tier, go for the 15-22. Honestly, it's actually a pretty nice rifle, and though it's more expensive than the 10/22, it probably looks the way you sound like you'd want your 10/22 to look, but right out of the box without spending any extra money on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXkEPD7pyXo
>>
>>33106407
The 10 round rotary mags are by far the best mags you can get. Just stock up on them instead of worrying that you won't have enough street cred without any extendo-clips.
>>
File: boltrelease.jpg (33KB, 512x386px) Image search: [Google]
boltrelease.jpg
33KB, 512x386px
Make an auto bolt release. I never liked the factory method of how you have to release the bolt once you lock it open.

For the low cost of disassembling your trigger pack, you can make it so when you have the bolt locked open, you can simply pull it back and release to close it again.

There are guides online with more detailed descriptions.
>>
I already have a 10/22. Would my next gun being a break action 45-70 be too much?
>>
>>33114538
Or you could just buy one for 5 buck and save yourself the trial and error if it doesn't work on the first try.
>>
>>33114572
I recommend if you intend to shoot a 45/70 try and work your way up in calibers, shoot some 308 and once you get comfortable with that try a 45/70. The main reason you don't want to go straight to 45/70 is because it makes you a bad shooter and teaches you a whole lot of issues. You could probably go to a local gun range and test some different calibers out.
>>
>>33114596

10.95 :^)
>>
>>33114538
all I did was open up the heart, I didn't square off the front part
>>
>>33114188
There's a case to be made that, while the 25 round mags look cool, the 10 round ones are more practical. The 25 rounders take up about four times the space of the 10 rounders, but only hold 2.5 times more rounds in them, so in the end, they're actually a worse deal in terms of saving space in your range bag. Keep in mind that the triforce magazine connector will itself take up as much space as an extra magazine in your bag, so you might want to really think about whether or not it's worth it.

It all depends on what you want to use your 10/22 for. It's a great rifle for putting in a lot of range time getting better at putting together tight groupings. It's a great rifle for hunting small game like rabbits, or getting rid of the varmints who are eating your garden. But it's not the kind of gun you're going to go be an operator with, so, while I'm not defending dumb shit like high-capacity magazine bans, it's not a big deal for the kind of shooting you'll be doing with a 10/22.
>>
File: dongle.png (73KB, 200x212px) Image search: [Google]
dongle.png
73KB, 200x212px
>>33114538

:O
>>
>>33106407
Auto bolt release, that's about it.
>>
>>33111278

Do you want to shoot enough to get good at it?
Then you'll want a 22 LR. The low cost of ammo alone is difficult to argue against unless you reload.

22 LR is also ideal for hunting small game like rabbits and squirrels.More powerful rimfires ruin a fair bit of meat if you don't make a headshot.
Virtually any centre-fire cartridge will blow small game to pieces.

Not that there is anything wrong with exploding prairie dogs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMzKFi9WaLI
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.