[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are monkey fists a meme? I just made one like pic related with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: MF_x_three.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
MF_x_three.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
Are monkey fists a meme? I just made one like pic related with a big ass marble to see how much it would hurt and it doesn't seem like it would be more incapacitating that your average punch.
>>
>>33105714
>big ass marble
Are you 12?
>>
>>33105714
Looks like some kind of hybrid sex toy.
Wouldn't a rebar be better at this shit if you can't just get a gun?
>>
It depends how they are made and how they are used.
Personally, I don't like them. And that's coming from a Kubotan-fag.
>>
>>33105714
gives you few extra incches reach... thats basically it. go with a yawara
>>
>>33105953
Basically a non pointy kubotan?
>>
Depends honestly.
Did i get some sort of thicc iron ball and wrapped a cord around it?
Could be used as a weapon.
Did you use rope and a marbel?
Its shit.

And even if you use a heavy steel ball, its still not a great weapon.
Its heavy and unwieldy, dangerous to yourself and it looks retarded.
Carry a gun, a knife or a roll of quarters.
All of these are more useful and easier to carry.
>>
You're doing it wrong. Monkey's Fist is a knot used to throw a rope far distances. Of course it won't be an effective weapon when rope compresses on impact.
>>
What was that meme weapon made out of a newspaper? Like a "Glasgow Brick" or something?
>>
>>33106198
A millwall brick, you are probably confusing it with a glasgow smile, which is an entirely different thing.
>>
>>33106139
This. Iron has thrice the density of glass.
It has more reach than a kubotan (a money roll is really just a heavy kubotan), can reach higher speed if the cord is long enough and isn't deadly like a knife.
>>
I basically have one of these with all my keys attached to it, how much would it fuck somebody up if I whipped with my keys? Or would I just end up hurting myself?
>>
>>33105714

a billiards ball in a sock would be more effective
>>
File: 1470732884407.gif (2MB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
1470732884407.gif
2MB, 300x259px
>>33105735
>>
>>33106089
Kubotans shouldn't be pointed. Pointed kubotans are trash.
>>
>>33106198
Millwall bricks aren't a fuckin joke man, i know a guys who's an actual spakker now after getting clocked with one
>>
>>33105714

Wanna make a weapon out of paracord make a sling and learn to use it. Mine will fire a 1" rock or ballbearing 200mph.

Whatever taht thing is is just gay. Use your fists.
>>
>>33107470
What did the bong mean by this?
>>
>>33109507

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spakker
>>
>>33107470
Why do you people try to murder each other over sports?
>>
>>33107106
If you want a effective version of that, the length of the thing should be about the length of your forearm, put keys on the ring part, and use a heavy (25$-45$ USD) carabiner.

You want to hit with the carabiner side, inside or outside of the knees, groin shots, or uppercut to bottom of the chin. You swing with your shoulder and elbow. When you flick with the wrist is how you end up hitting yourself.
>>
>>33107496
>sling master race checking in
>>
All accessories made out of paracord are stupid. Just carry a bundle of it. That way, you don't have to fuck with it to get it open when you need it.
>>
>>33105714
Is it big enough to reach the prostate?
>>
>>33105714
They are a toy kids make to beat other kids with.

Are you a retard?
>>
>not making a chain weapon or a flail
That's it, I'm going to get a chain and two padlocks. If we're doing this, we're doing it right.
>>
>>33105714
Is a monkey-fist it not meant to be tied at the end of a rope so that it's easier to throw?
>>
>>33107106
Would hurt but not be incapacitating. If your bundle of keys is too heavy then the soft metal ring will bend and intentionally send the keys flying
>>
>>33113419
>intentionally send the keys flying
potentially send the keys flying
fuckin autocorrect
>>
>>33107106
>how much would it fuck somebody up if I whipped with my keys?
Just get a rape whistle.
>>
>>33111761
Those are illegal as fuck in the US. It's called an improvised flail.
>>
>>33112502
This
>>
>>33107106

I got hit with one of these that was a bit longer, maybe around a foot or so with a hefty bunch of keys at the end. The guy was standing basically next to me with his side towards me so it came in at an awkward angle. Ended up hitting the top of my vest and glancing to my collarbone. Could definately feel it and had it been a solid hit would probably have hurt like hell.

A colleague told me he had seen one that had a jumble of chain and fucking fish hooks at the business end, that would be pretty vicious.

In the end you're better off with a knife if you wanna really hurt someone tho, using one of these faux flails can end up with you more hurt than the other guy.
>>
>>33105714
Monkey fists are to 1) Thrown line 2) Carry a length of utility line in a compact package ( Keychain) 3) Make recovering your boat key easier if you drop it overboard (floating versions)

Any use of them as a weapon was improvised. That aside you are supposed to use a lead or steel weight.

>>>A monkey's fist or monkey paw is a type of knot, so named because it looks somewhat like a small bunched fist/paw. It is tied at the end of a rope to serve as a weight, making it easier to throw, and also as an ornamental knot.

so yes it's a Meme

It's only about 3-4' of paracord and some make them with a Cork/Styrofoam ball so they float to make key recovery easier but not for throwing.
>>
what's this bullshit? Put some d cells in a sock and be done with it, homo the clown.
>>
>tfw even batons are illegal in your country
I want off this cuck conglomerate.
>>
>>33107106
You need to be older than 18 to post here you fucking idiot.
Where are mods when you need them the most.
>>
>>33105953
>>33106089
>>33107251
Weeb gtfo
>>
Lol at the idiots in here recommending lethal force hand weapons. You have no idea how the real world works. DO NOT use a knife for "self defense", you flaming dipshits.
>>
>>33115252
There are these new things called fists that work pretty well too.
>>
File: NGLwXys.jpg (253KB, 900x567px) Image search: [Google]
NGLwXys.jpg
253KB, 900x567px
let me take a whack at you with one of these, OP and see if you like it
>>
>>33116202
Thuper thcary!!!!!
>>
>>33105714
>Are monkey fists a meme?
Not for their intended purpose. (throwing rope)
>>
File: Millwall_brick_held.jpg (40KB, 624x475px) Image search: [Google]
Millwall_brick_held.jpg
40KB, 624x475px
>>33107470
Fucking LOL, this is a weapon on bongistan? In Merica this is what we use to swat flies.
>>
File: 20170225_171703.jpg (661KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_171703.jpg
661KB, 2560x1440px
>>33105714
Get a blackjack.
>>
>>33107470
>>33117476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJXa4kcMKig
>>
>>33118329
>>33118139
>>
>>33118139
can you link me to that lockpick set?
>>
>>33113444
If we're improvising weapons, we don't give a fuck about laws.
>>
>>33105714
Depends OP, you got the balls?
>>
Quick tip for self defense in navy dress blues, put a roll of dimes in your neckerchief, makes for quite the slugger, and you're never without $10.
>>
>>33110634
>http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spakker
>invents language
>doesnt use it
>>
>>33107470
>In the late 1960s — in response to football hooliganism at matches in England — police began confiscating any objects that could be used as weapons. These items included
>beermats
Cardboard coasters
>horse brasses
tiny metal disks
>Polo mints
FUCKING MINTS

The British "Empire" ladies and gents
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.