[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys realize there's no point in "prepping"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: poslav~08.jpg (87KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
poslav~08.jpg
87KB, 1024x683px
You guys realize there's no point in "prepping" if you don't train your body too right?
You need to get used to living without food water or sleep.
The first week of the month live on 1 liter of water for 3 days, the second week live on 400 calories a day for 3 days, the third week of the month don't sleep for 3 days, then a week of recovery and repeat.
This is assuming youre already in shape, if you're not in shape at the very least then what the fuck are you doing? It's really not that hard to run. Yes the first few times you try to run you will probably only be able to go a couple minutes before you get winded, but if you keep it up and run regularly you will be able to run longer before you hit the wall, and eventually you will learn to get passed the wall. Stop spending half your paychecks on fast food and get yourself ready to be better than the rest of the people around you.
>>
Fuck that
>wanting to become a zombie-skeleton
>>
>>33102842
>You guys realize there's no point in "prepping" if you don't train your body too right?
hmm this guy is right im better reading this
>the second week live on 400 calories a day
what the fuck are you talking about? What the point in getting shape if you let your muscles go away by starving yourself
>>
>>33102917
Because if you seriously think you can go innawoods and still be able to maintain your comfy 4000 calories a day you will be in for a dangerous rude awakening
>>
>>33102945
starving is not something you prepare for,and its not something that's hard, if i don't have food then i don't eat
By doing it to yourself you don't get more prepared for that, its not an ability its normal body function, also if you have a little fat on you ,you survive a more starvation
>>
>>33102959
>he thinks he won't panic and die when he sees there's no McDonald's in the woods
Being mentally prepared is never a bad idea, and knowing your limits and being experienced in living on the absolute minimum is not a bad idea
>>
>>33102842
I can get behind the food and water thing, but not the sleep bit. Sleep deprivation should only be a last resort sort of thing.
>>
File: 1417043565463.gif (494KB, 300x160px) Image search: [Google]
1417043565463.gif
494KB, 300x160px
>>33102959

I mean OP is a fag but he's not totally wrong, the best scouts in war like this fucking guy conditioned themselves and could do things other men couldnt because of it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Russell_Burnham

there's a part somewhere in that talks about his conditioning specifically
>>
>>33103030
That's the primary thing the train you for in any special forces group in the military
>>
>>33103037
>To symbolise the friendship between Burnham and Baden-Powell, the mountain beside Mount Baden-Powell in California was formally named Mount Burnham in 1951.
>You and your bro will never have your friendship immortalized as a pair of fucking mountains.
>>
>the third week of the month don't sleep for 3 days
...wut.

Some of us have jobs, you flaming faggot.
>>
File: 1420421101177.gif (782KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1420421101177.gif
782KB, 240x228px
>>33102945
>4000 a day
What the flying fuck?
>>
>>33102842
>don't sleep for 3 days
in some countries it used as a torture not as a way of having fun
>>
>>33103050
You mean they just throw out most of the people who can't work properly in sleep deprived state
>>
File: 1442434497231.jpg (985KB, 2406x3469px) Image search: [Google]
1442434497231.jpg
985KB, 2406x3469px
>>33103066

You should read the wiki about his Boer 007 adversary whom with they formed an eventual mutual respect if you havent, can't remember his fuckin name but its mentioned on Burnhams. Hippo meat bro
>>
>>33103106
I could see it.

Depending on MOS, some grunts could be thrown out for not being able to perform your job when there is no other alternative.

>first week that FOB is being setup
>10 tents and one shit generator
>repair guy is the only one there is
>shit generator dies every hour
>has to be up non-stop for 3 days keeping it alive waiting for another guy or new generator

OP's idea is fucking stupid as fuck, but I could see it being a training or job requirement for military.
>>
>>33103106
Pretty much. Hence the purpose of all the random obtuse exercises and tasks, they knacker you out physically, give you almost no sleep or food, and then tell you to march 20k and be able to complete a mental task at the end. If you cant handle that they wont want you. Anyone can oper8 after a good nights sleep and plenty of food water. Train hard to fight easy; they put you through tougher shit in training than you potentially will have to do in the real world.
>>
Is it even possible to train yourself to resist sleep deprivation?
>>
>>33103164
Yeah. You just need to be doing something that requires constant attention and you being physically active.

It is nearly impossible for a civilian to do.

Only thing that would come close would be to hike non-stop and keep telling yourself that you'll die if you take your pack off and stop.
>>
>>33103164
No.

But you can train repetitive tasks to the point of muscle memory so you're not completely useless when you're sleep deprived.
>>
>>33102842
I prefer not damaging my body for shit reasons. In the meantime I'll be trying to getting well toned.
>>
>>33102917
>What the point in getting shape if you let your muscles go away by starving yourself
So you can become a cute trap, Anon.
>>
>>33102842
Would it not be more productive to use that month to research how to forage, collect water, and hunt? If you learned how to find food and water, you wouldn't have to worry about thirst or hunger.
>>
File: 1470197345270.png (142KB, 473x462px) Image search: [Google]
1470197345270.png
142KB, 473x462px
Or just like, bug in.
>>
>>33103256
>It is nearly impossible for a civilian to do.

Depends on your profession. Seasonal work requires you to get your year's worth of money in one season, so 100-hour weeks of physical labor are not unusual. When I worked as a mason, we used to call it "The Zone", where you're no longer tired, hungry or bored. Life is about focusing on the task at hand plus five hours of sleep at night, and you're strangely okay with that.

I'm not saying it's the same as special forces training, but civilians can sure get a taste.
>>
>>33102842
Is that Gorka or Partizan?

either way, what camo? SS summer?
>>
>>33102842
>be impoverished night shift workee
>implying my body isnt used to drinking dirty water, going without sleep, and eating nothing but ramen and canned goods
Only spoiled fucks will die in the shtfpocalypse
>>
>>33102842
>no sleep for 3 days
Fuck that, Last time I tried that I ended up having a heatstroke from overworking myself because I was too out of it to feel how hot I was getting until "oh shit why am I so cold?"

No amount of physical training will save you from sleep deprivation, Sleep deprivation will get you KILLED. Either through exaustion or through some stupid accident.
>>
File: citizen kane.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
citizen kane.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>33102842
>training yourself to be deprived of water
Are you fucking retarded? You can't train your body to need less water. That's a myth that got busted decades ago and has been phased out of the world's militaries. Have fun with all the health problems and higher risk of heatstroke that doing something that stupid will bring you faggot.
>>
File: 1487808707149.jpg (116KB, 1024x653px) Image search: [Google]
1487808707149.jpg
116KB, 1024x653px
>>33102842

Jokes on you OP, I ran 6 miles last night. I'll probably do an hour or so of another type of cardio tonight
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.