[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in student housing that doesn't allow guns but have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3248.jpg (284KB, 884x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3248.jpg
284KB, 884x800px
I live in student housing that doesn't allow guns but have them anyway cause I have no intention of being killed by Jamal and his boyz. What happens if I defend myself or the maintenance staff find out?

Will I just get evicted or face charges. I live in Texas.
>>
More than likely you'll just get booted out. But I'm Just a stranger on a Malaysian flip book board. So take it as you will.
>>
>>33102418
Likely expelled from attending the university and charged with breaking a law, if there is one attached to bringing a gun on school property
>>
more proof that college doesn't mean you're smart
>>
>>33102418
Don't let that happen. It's called concealed for a reason.
>>
>>33102595
It's off campus housing
>>
>>33102418
Didn't Texas pass campus carry?

Carry anyways, don't get caught, don't put yourself at risk, dont pull your gun on people unless you are in actual danger. Stay away from large parties, pick your friends wisely and cover your ass every step of the way.
>>
>>33103366
Student at UNT
Texas passed a campus carry law, but it only counts for state schools. OP must go to a private school
>>
>>33103393
I go to a state school, I can carry on campus but my apt complex off campus doesn't approve
>>
>>33103197
Off campus housing? Just keep it out of sight then lol. If you hide it well enough, they're in trouble for prowling.
>>
>>33103407
Fuck it
>>
>>33103407
I am not positive, but 99% sure that their policy isn't legally binding. They can probably kick you out though.
>>
>>33103407
>>33103197
evicted and lose your deposit at most, unless they posted those legally binding no CC/OC signs
check state law, landlords may not be able to bar you from keeping firearms

even if you are in the clear legally and the landlord can't bar you, I'd keep quiet about it anyway
they could fuck with your maintenance or stuff like that
>>
>>33103528
They got the signs would it just be a C misdeamor cause that's what it sounds like unless I refuse to leave when told to fuck off
>>
>>33102418

Stick it in a safe/lockbox when you're out
>>
>>33102418
>>33103197
>>33103407

This is really not that big of a deal. I would take far greater risks to defend myself.
>>
>>33103611
Depends if the signs are legally binding or not.
Each state that does have legally recognized signs to prohibit carry has it's own very specific sign. So check if there's such a legally recognized sign in your state and, if so, check if that's exactly the sign they're using, that's the only way you can get in deep shit.
Those signs are basically equivalent to a school no gun zone, so expect losing your license and maybe criminal charges, depending on the state.

You really do have to read about the law where you live, there might very well be a clause that makes an exception for housing and such.
>>
>>33103618
Got one
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.