[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic s/features/american-anar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/american-anarchists-ypg-kurdish-militia-syria-isis-islamic-state-w466069

Have any /k/ommandos gone to help the /K/urds?

>On the morning of his first battle, Brace Belden was underdressed for the cold and shaky from a bout of traveler's diarrhea. His Kurdish militia unit was camped out on the front line with ISIS, 30 miles from Raqqa, in Syria. Fighters stood around campfires of gas-soaked trash, boiling water for tea, their only comfort besides tobacco. "I've never been so dirty in my life," Belden recalls. When the time came to roll out, he loaded a clip into his Kalashnikov and climbed into a makeshift battlewagon, a patchwork of tank and truck parts armored with scrap metal and poured concrete. Belden took a selfie inside its rusty cabin and posted it online with the caption "Wow this freakin taxi stinks."

>The rest of the militia piled into an assortment of minivans, garbage trucks and bulldozers, and rode south into territory ISIS had held for more than three years. Belden was manning a swivel-mounted machine gun, the parched landscape barely visible through the rising dust, when he spotted a car packed with explosives revving across the desert toward the Kurdish column. Before he could shoot, an American fighter jet lacerated the sky and an explosion erupted where the car had been, shaking the earth for miles around.
>>
File: 1393785434681.jpg (88KB, 387x453px) Image search: [Google]
1393785434681.jpg
88KB, 387x453px
>>33100935
>a clip into his Kalashnikov
>>
>>33100935
http://imgur.com/a/vQj5u
>>
File: AngryFacePointedNoseSmile.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
AngryFacePointedNoseSmile.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
>Clip
>>
>dumbass militias dick around not doing shit until NATO comes and saves their asses
Gee what a wild experience
>>
File: 1486784895045.jpg (2KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
1486784895045.jpg
2KB, 125x123px
>Helping communists
>>
>>33100993
Not exactly. Lots of them are dying, the volunteers. Seems they go straight into the front lines because of lack of recruits:

>At the Academy, Morck metBelden and Chapman, and after training, all three of them were assigned to a heavy-weapons unit at Ayn Issa. Just two days later, the YPG coalition announced the start of the Raqqa offensive. "We were surprised," Morck said. They had expected to spend months doing guard duty, sheltered from real danger. Instead, Morck said, "we fired the first shots of the Raqqa operation." The three of them were put to manning machine guns, Belden riding inside the makeshift tank, Chapman and Morck straddling the beds of Hilux gun trucks. ISIS didn't put up much of a fight. "Once they saw we were coming, they just ran," Morck said. They could only see the enemy – "dudes walking around with huge beards," Chapman said – through binoculars. American commandos, snake-eating JSOC types without insignia, were milling around with the Kurds, and Morck said he talked to uniformed American marines engaged in actual combat, lobbing mortars at ISIS. "But only until 6 o'clock," Morck said, "because then the Kurds want to sleep, and mortars are really loud."

>As the YPG forces entered Tal Saman, they found a warehouse with a car-bomb assembly line and a blood-stained man cage. They picked through rubble mixed with skulls and spines, and stripped expensive gear off ISIS carcasses. "Technically, I did a war crime, because I peed on a dead person," Belden said. "I didn't mean to." There were booby traps everywhere. Chapman was standing outside a house when the windows exploded with dirt and smoke. A Kurd stumbled out coughing, coated in dust, and immediately lit up a cigarette. Two more emerged carrying a fourth, whose foot had been blown off by a land mine hidden in an upstairs bedroom. By November 20th, Tal Saman was completely secured.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-24-00-06-25.png (385KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-24-00-06-25.png
385KB, 1080x1920px
>>33101011
>>33101011
Some are just there to kill ISIS:

>[...] an influx of a different class of volunteers: British and American veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan, many of them evangelical Christians, who came to kill ISIS and were ignorant of the Kurds' revolutionary politics. They bickered among themselves and caused problems for the Kurds; a few of them did horrible things. Three separate times I was told of a British veteran known only as Tim, a crack shot, and by all accounts a cheerful guy, who enjoyed tasting the blood of the slain and was once seen gnawing on a severed foot.

"This whole thing is a magnet for idiots, psychopaths, sociopaths, plain assholes," Agit said. These days, things are more organized. There is a German operative at the safehouse in Sulaymaniyah who vets volunteers as they arrive, weeding out the lunatics and selecting for leftists, who tend to get along better and keep a lower profile.

Or trip balls lol:
>The only U.S. military veteran at the Academy was a young Chicagoan with Ecuadorian roots who went by the alias Alan. He had served in the Marine Corps but was never deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan, so when he got out of the service he made his way to Rojava. On one mission to liberate a village, he was shot in the arm and hand, he told me. The Kurds gave him an inappropriately low dose of ketamine and he lay on the battlefield conscious and tripping balls. "We respect a guy like Alan," Franceschi said.
>>
>>33100935
>Before he could shoot, an American fighter jet lacerated the sky

Was really depressed and down tonight at my career prospects but the fact that someone actually wrote that sentence, thought "yeah lacerate sounds good" and got paid to publish it just gave me new hope.
>>
>>33101044
Rolling Stone used to be routinely this edgy, in the good sense of the word.

Back when they paid nutjobs like Hunter Thompson to write about football and the Death of the American Dream
>>
>>33101044
I think he just a had thesaurus handy and wanted to spice up his article with intelligent sounding words
>>
>>33101032
>Some are just there to kill ISIS

History should have taught everyone never to ally with communists, even for a temporary amount of time against the greater evil, because it never ends well.
>>
>>33101032
classic Tim the madman
>>
>>33101262
Would have worked great after WW2 if we listened to Patton and attacked the Russians as soon as Germany surrendered.
>>
>>33100935
>clip
>>
File: 1481362697402.jpg (114KB, 380x359px) Image search: [Google]
1481362697402.jpg
114KB, 380x359px
>>33101012
>There were booby traps everywhere. Chapman was standing outside a house when the windows exploded with dirt and smoke. A Kurd stumbled out coughing, coated in dust, and immediately lit up a cigarette.
>>
>>33101609
>attacked a high-morale high-population country swelling with captured German land and Arms on the verge of developing their own nuclear program
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>Have any /k/ommandos gone to help the /K/urds?
Yes, one posted here & had photos to prove it. Just worthless middle class kids being war tourists as usual. See some shit and build your resume and ego all at the same time! Be sure to blog it or keep a journal for the inevitable book deal!
>>
File: red glowing skeleton.jpg (82KB, 680x827px) Image search: [Google]
red glowing skeleton.jpg
82KB, 680x827px
>>33100935
>Clip
>>
File: 1431047153875.jpg (915KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1431047153875.jpg
915KB, 2048x1536px
>>33100935
I believe at least one Canuck and one Kraut from /k/ have gone over at some point, here's the Canadian.
>>
>>33102144
Their supply lines were pretty much non existent by the time they got to Berlin. They were living off of the food from captured farms. They would have been decimated if we attacked them immediately.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.