[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello!! So I've recently turned 19, and have always held

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1891-mosin-nagant-classics-1.jpg (11KB, 648x259px) Image search: [Google]
1891-mosin-nagant-classics-1.jpg
11KB, 648x259px
Hello!! So I've recently turned 19, and have always held an interest in guns. Rifles in particular, and I've always heard people recommend a good firearm to start with would be a Mosin-Nagant. My question is, in Florida, where would I go about buying one? Could I purchase online? Advice for a beginner? Please help :)
>>
File: tulsky.jpg (613KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tulsky.jpg
613KB, 1024x768px
>>33097940
>My question is, in Florida, where would I go about buying one?
>FL
I'd go get one from Allan Schisel, no fooling.
https://ganymede.meccahosting.com/~a0000ae7/aaresult.php?PageId=35
>>
>>33097991
Bookmarked it :)
>>
>>33097991
Do I need any kind of permits? Anythinf before I buy a weapon?
>>
Pls I need advice :/
>>
>>33098102
No, you are 18 which means under Federal law you can buy any rifle or shotgun. IIRC, Florida has no state restrictions on long guns either, so all you do is fill out a background check (ATF form #4473) before the dealer can transfer the firearm to you.
>>
>>33097940
I'd suggest a .22LR for a first rifle. It's what most people start with and for good reason. You can get the fundamentals down without the recoil of a larger round. Start too big and you can get a flinch that will stick with you while shooting any caliber rifle.
>>
>>33097940
>Mosin nagant
Get something that doesn't shoot corrosive ammo, and something cheap to feed. I love my NPAP for feeding costs, but my mauser m48 is sex.
>>
>>33098704
Thank you!! Where would u get the form and where would I turn it in?
>>
>>33098742
>corrosive ammo

As in the bullets being corrosive? What does that have to do with anything?

(Sorry if it sounds rude, genuine question)
>>
>>33098746
Just go to any gun store/pawn shop and they'll have all the paperwork.
>>33098769
The primers have corrosive chemicals in them that will erode the barrel if not cleaned out.
>>
>>33098746
When you buy the gun at the store they have you fill it out before the sale is completed. As long as you're not a felon or anything you can buy any rifle or shotgun just fine. Look at .22s as a first gun assuming you've never shot one before. There's lots of good guns for beginners it just depends on your budget. I wouldn't get a Mosin though.

>>33098769
A lot of older military surplus ammo has corrosive chemicals that'll corrode (duh) the barrel and potentially the action of your gun if not cleaned correctly.
>>
>>33098797
Are there any websites/YouTubers/resources that you know of that'll teach me basic maintenance, and things like that?
>>
>>33098822
If you just google "(insert gun name) disassembly and cleaning" or search it on YT you'll get tons of guides and videos.
>>
>>33098810
Any specific gun you would recommend for a beginner?
>>
>>33098867
Ruger 10/22

Ruger SR22

NOT A 1911
>>
>>33098867
The 10/22, Marlin 60, and most bolt action .22s are good starter guns. If you want a shotgun the Maverick 88 or Mossberg 500 are both good. You can also get entry level ARs for about $500, but I'd recommend shooting a .22 for a bit first to get used to shooting with basically zero recoil, then progressively step up to larger calibers like pistol calibers, .223, etc.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-23-23-12-02.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-23-23-12-02.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>33098905
Why not a 1911? I had originally planned to get that with my concealed carry permit in 2-3 years after I've become accustomed to using firearms.

Also, would something like this work?
>>
>>33098905
Looking for rugars rn
>>
>>33098941
Because it's a 100+ year old design while reliable, Kicks like a mule for a gun newbie and it's long ass hammer makes it the worst CC pistol
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.