[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 3-gun fun? I kind of want to get into it, but is it worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 19443983672_2c9bec41db_h.jpg (361KB, 1600x565px) Image search: [Google]
19443983672_2c9bec41db_h.jpg
361KB, 1600x565px
Is 3-gun fun? I kind of want to get into it, but is it worth the cost (ammo, gear, guns)?

I have the guns, but they're not the best options.

>M16a2 clone (fixed carry handle and all)
>870 Wingmaster (grandpa's old shotgun)
>USP 9 Expert
>>
>>33090015
Would like to know this as well, I got the same set up as you. Except it's a 1911.

From what I've looked online, your set up doesn't matter early on, and you should just focus on the fundamentals before worrying about gear. 3 gun seems to be like the auto-cross of guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo1njGJOlJM
>>
>>33090015
I own an A2 clone and it's probably a bad choice for use in a 3 gun competition.

It doesn't like to transition from target to target because of how fucking long it is.

Also, iron sights aren't very efficient time wise.
>>
>>33090015
I'm sure there is a division you can enter in that your gear wouldn't be a handicap in. Not every 3 gun competition is open class only.
>>
there's different divisions you can enter that will fit your weapons better in the beginning, you're really competing against yourself. also look into two gun around you. might be a little easier to start
>>
>>33090015
Bumping
I want to get into 3 gun when I get out of the same boat. Can confirm my A2 clone may be my favorite and a good civil war gun but I ain't turning no heads with it
>>
Have you done any competitive shooting before?
>>
>>33091423
no
>>
>>33090070
>It doesn't like to transition from target to target because of how fucking long it is.
the extra 4 inches of barrel add so little mass and change the rotational inertia so little, that it's your imagination. The angle between targets is the same, and you're moving nowhere close enough to the speed of light for the length to have any real impact.
>>
3 gun is how you want to make it. If you don't care for placement use what you got. Want to an ak instead of ar? Go for it. Double barrel shotgun? Hell yeah. A snub nose 22 for the handgun? Sure. Go out and make your hits. Have fun with it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.