[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assuming it was fully functional and made with the same materials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 24

File: 4.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
Assuming it was fully functional and made with the same materials as it is in universe could the Gundam and by extension other bipedal mechs be devastating weapons?
>>
>>33087112
What can you do in a mecha that you can't do on treads or in a helicopter?
>>
>>33087112
No.

Knees are a workaround. If nature had figured out a tracked or wheeled method of locomotion with a height management system, you bet your ass we'd be rolling around like that.
>>
A tank can only be as great as it's crew
>>
>>33087112
Powered armor will exist and be used in your lifetime.

How big it will be, who knows.
>>
Depends on how bullshit the convoluted physics behind minovsky particles and psychoframe shenanigans truly are. Also depends on which canon/time frame we're following.

The RX78 or something from the OYW? Could be taken out by current military.
Some bullshit like turn A/dark gundam/any number of psychoframe bullshit? Ends up wrecking the entire planet's militaries all by itself.

Either way, /m/ is a surprisingly civilized and occasionally knowledgeable board, you should head there.
>>
>>33087159
Fight in space.

>>33087161
Knees aren't a problem with magnetic coatings etc. We have modern robots today with knee type joints. Zero gravity combat is a game changer.
>>
Hi Spicer.
>>
>>33087159
Maneuver in space without reaction mass
>>
>>33087219
who?
>>
>>33087203
And are those robots as big as a building?
>>
>>33087200
Too be quite honest senpai we have the ability today to destroy the earth, so because a military can destroy something doesn't really mean that it isn't useful.

I think gundam would be great for space, but also for being able to deliver beam based weapons from a high speed platform that was less vulnerable to anti air.

BUT

A orbital laser would be far superior, dare I say a mobile weapon?
>>
>>33087242
Building size is subjective though. As technology increases and 3d molecular printing becomes more common place that kind of scale won't be an issue.
>>
>>33087251
>we have the ability today to destroy the earth

Oh, you're one of those crazies. Please elaborate on what we have that can destroy the planet.
>>
>>33087265
You can't just scale up a joint. Physics exists.
>>
>>33087203
Why the fuck would we need legs in space?
>>
File: Untitled.png (151KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
151KB, 600x384px
>>33087112
I could kill a gundam with a bunch of fast moving Skid steer type vehicles with M2HB's and rocket pods
>>
>>33087112
Not if they are that big, for many reasons. It'd be too visible and vulnerable to every weapon that could harm it. Also could you imagine the cost to build and maintain something that complex?
>>
Okay what about Guntank?
>>
>>33087277
You're forgetting the scenario OP is using has handwavium as a core part of their giant robots. Physics takes a backseat.

>>33087287
I run one of these at work with dual joysticks and I always pretend I'm in a super robot.
>>
>>33087280
Mobility on planets and objects that have less gravity. Espically as construction units in low oxygen or zero oxygen enviroments.

>>33087277
Sure you can, especially with space age materials. I get your point, as vagues as you're trying to be though.
>>
>>33087305
I was actually playing with ours at work when I thought about it
>>
>>33087330
>of course you can defy physics
>just use handwavium
This is where you always lose your arguments.
>>
>>33087112
Considering Gundams have incredibly tough armor and beam weaponry, yeah, they could be pretty devastating.

And if we get into the AU stuff, yikes.
>>
>>33087112
if it was the only one and made of gundanium it would be unstoppable.
>>
>>33087112
Prepare to have a devastated bunghole weaboo trash
>>
>>33087112
>Assuming something that doesn't exist existed and functioned exactly the same would it be the same
Gee dunno boss
>>
>>33087228
You can rotate freely in space in any spacecraft without spending fuel. All you need are reaction wheels.
>>
>>33087376
Uh, the original gundam OP pictured wasn't that strong. 'Gundamium' is just a titanium alloy. It's minovsky bullshit was on the weak end. It didn't have a psychoframe.

Perhaps even more crippling in the hypothetical scenario, it has severely limited ammo. The bazooka used physical ammunition and only a few rounds were carried. The beam rifle was limited to 16 shots. It doesn't have an AI or autopilot feature, and the pilot has to go to sleep sometime.
>>
>>33087305
>>33087342
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.
>>
File: lnttza4deqds9arpyzsq.jpg (94KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
lnttza4deqds9arpyzsq.jpg
94KB, 800x531px
>>33087112
I'm just going to address the issue at the forefront of this argument which should be operation in gravity. Using Op choice of the RX 78 - 2 as an example a bipedal unit standing 60 feet tall weighing a laughable 43 tons (the M1 Abrams is 57 tons) if the unit were to trip and stumble whether by Pilot error or guerilla intervention, the shock of impact forward or backwards would be the equivalent or more of a 65 mile per hour car crash into a barricade. While a unibody structure and armor would no doubt absorb a considerable amount of the shock the impact would still have a considerable effect on internal components.

Also to address the situation of ammunition utilizing a cruiser or Destroyer 5 inch gun with unguided munitions, the ammunition capacity would still be diminutive and costly. Each 5 inch shell cost between $1600 and $2,200.

My next argument is based completely on Professional Knowledge. The massive amount of hydraulics required in order to operate the system while not expensive to produce cost extremely more when it comes to depot level or manufacturer level repairs and overhauls. Having worked on a piece of equipment that used hydraulic wheel Motors instead of drive shafts or CV shafts, the cost to replace just one wheel motor was 2000% more than the cost of replacing a CV shaft. Also by comparison to completely rebuild or restore a vehicle moderately cost about $50,000. A complete overhaul of a hydraulic system in a vehicle the size of a tractor-trailer is roughly $250,000.

If someone were to really go through with building a bipedal Mech comma they would either have to use primitive mechanical operation resulting in a much heavier unit that would be more durable, or they would have to build an advanced Mobility unit utilizing hydraulics and electric motors that would be considerably lighter but also much more expensive to repair and upkeep
>>
File: MS-06.jpg (22KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
MS-06.jpg
22KB, 300x360px
>>33089364
>>33087112
My case and point in this argument is of course going to be the generic enemy to the Gundam, the Zaku. Its design is 2/3 leg and one third upper body. The lower 2/3 is considerably larger than the upper third. If I were to guess how a real Zeonic Corporation or able to mass-produce these units to the scale that we see in the space battles of the One Year War, I would come to the assumption that given the limited mobility and range of motion as well as the shell cased ammunition that the Zaku machine gun fires that they are almost completely mechanical and very simplistic in design which allows for quicker low-cost repairs and the ability to field more units on a tight budget. While Zeon Empire did field units during the one year war that utilized beam weaponry and heavy armor such as the Big Zam these units at the time were literally one-offs. The sheer cost to produce one would likely have been the equivalent of fielding 150 or more zaku.
>>
>>33089481
>>33089364
>>33087112

My last and final argument, and I swear after this if this post doesn't get any more replies I will let it die, is fuel source.

The cost to build an industrial power plant nuclear reactor in 2002 was around two billion dollars. In 2008 it was closer to 9 billion dollars. Now take that thought and consider what the cost would be to produce a reasonably safe nuclear reactor about the size of a 55 gallon drum of oil. While I am certain that it is feasible and will be done within the next 20 years, the cost of production for such a power source would be in the range of probably fifty billion dollars each. I guess that is within reason if you are only building 3 for an oddly colored Trio of military robots piloted by teenage angst.

Even if the power source went full-blown Prius with green powered nicad batteries, solar, or even hydrogen, your operating time and power output would be considerably less then a diesel power source. For mass production low cost easy to repair fossil fuel base units may not have the longest operating time but would have the best support and would be the least likely to suffer catastrophic damage in the event say that the mech was shot dead in the power plant. Sure you might lose an engine but at least you wouldn't have to worry about violent detonation.
>>
>>33087474
And that Luna Titanium Alloy was pure bullshit strong in-universe which allowed the Gundam in the initial colony ambush to block a point blank shot from some huge ass caliber cannon with its hand with little damage. It just so happens to stop mattering by Zeta because beam weapons have OP penetration capabilities.
>>
File: 360.jpg (25KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
360.jpg
25KB, 360x360px
>>33087287
>>33087305
>>33087342
>>33087800
This is how the Ball is born
>>
File: ATTE-SWE.jpg (119KB, 1096x568px) Image search: [Google]
ATTE-SWE.jpg
119KB, 1096x568px
>>33087112
>Not wanting a hexapedal mech with a tank gun on top
>>
>>33089777
>moves like turtle
>but gun bigger
>must be better
>>
File: gundam_destiny_launch.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gundam_destiny_launch.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>33089777
SW mechs aint shit against Gundums
>>
>>33089565
Not to break down your argument, but I may have a valid power source for you...

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/compact-fusion.html
>>
>>33089852
It's a shame SEED is so fucking bad, it had really good Gundam designs.
>>
>>33089852

Man, I keep forgetting how bad Destiny was...
>>
>>33087112

Well, if a Gundam just suddenly appeared on Earth, then yeah, it'd be pretty strong. Would probably get taken out pretty quickly without an minovksy particles around to prevent guided weapons from working, but that's not really the point. While it lasted, it'd be pretty unbeatable in actual combat.

Now, if you're asking whether the Gundam would be an effective weapon given that level of technology, the answer is no. Anything the Gundam (or other MS) can do would be better done by a similar non-humanoid weapon. I mean, just turning the Gundam into a tank with the same armor, maneuverability, and armaments would already make it worlds more effective.
>>
>>33087112
Welcome to the rule of cube, every time you double the size of something, you 8x the mass

Also the human body is not optimal for movement

so it'll collapse under it's own weight
>>
>>33089935
You retarded? He said if it worked like the cartoon. Pretty sure normal physics doesn't apply in a cartoon.
>>
>>33089875
Nah. SEED was ok in the first half when it was a remake of Orig Gundam.

And then the whole Pacifist Angle started happening.
>>
>>33087277
So did 50 ton giant dinosaurs.
>>
>>33090516
Uh huh, and how much did those joints suffer?
>brb just going to hot swap my knee when it blows out
>>
>>33090516
ME GRIMLOCK COMPROMISE
>>
File: Me Grimlock.jpg (111KB, 957x516px) Image search: [Google]
Me Grimlock.jpg
111KB, 957x516px
Think about it.

>Giant mechanical, fire-breathing dinosaur who doesn't have to worry about the square-cube law
>Mecha
>>
>>33087112
The red ranger was the Alpha. Pink ranger, Kimberly, I bet her pussy smelled like a rose.

Then the Green ranger showed up and fucked up the entire series.

I could be wrong if this is a Megatron thread. I preferred power rangers.
>>
>>33087198
I could picture those leg things seeing service. Troops could carry double the load with half the effort.

Might even allow my military entrance..
>>
>>33087287
>Pursuing a Gundam into a boxed canyon
>It uses its humanoid form to climb up and out of the canyon
>You are stuck in a fish bowl while it rains death on you
>>
>>33087330
>Mobility on planets and objects that have less gravity
Right. I forgot that the awkward hopping used by moonwalkers was entirely for fun and that the rover wasn't better for mobility in literally every way.
>>
>>33090508
They tried to mix wing with original gundam. Good on paper, but horribly done. They should have continued and built more on the social/genetic struggle. Stargazer did a better job than Seed and destiny in less than an hour.
And don't get me started on the overused unnecessary fan service.
>>
>>33089866
Not to break down doors but the nuclear reactor they are talking about is set to be 7 feet by 10 feet and the output is only going to be a hundred megawatts. Sticking with the original RX 78 - 2 argument that would mean even if the reactor was centered in the Torso that it would be right up against the armor and directly beneath the Pilot's feet. There would be literally no crumple Zone and the reactor would get penetrated almost definitely on a direct hit to the armor.

In addition while they make boast that a hundred megawatts is enough power to support of town of 80,000 people that's hardly enough to run the constant power draw of moving large Electric Motors, service, hydraulics, and pneumatics. Not to mention that power calculation is off by quite a bit. The US average for power consumption per household is 900 kilowatt hours a month. A 2000 square foot mechanic shop consumes 35 kilowatts every 12 hours. Add Heating and Cooling to that and it consumes 35 kilowatts about every seven hours. The other problem with your compact Fusion reactor is all that power has to be stored somewhere so that when the Mech is in use it can run on reserve power while the compact Fusion reactor produces more. Batteries are heavy. Standard car batteries weigh between 40 and 60 pounds.

In addition to my original argument I would like to bring up real tactical capabilities versus potential downfall. Realistically speaking head Vulcan machine guns would be decent anti aircraft guns versus slow-moving planes and helicopters. They would also be a decent mid-range anti-personnel weapon. The benefit of having a bipedal unit armed with let's just use my original example of a 5-inch gun, is the ability to step over enemy fortifications, fjord through rivers and get devastatingly close to artillery targets and provide precise direct fire. Since the RX 78 - 2 stands only 60 feet tall it would be beneath the radar ceiling of most countries, but
>>
>>33091428
But being as it is a large humanoid form it would stick out like a sore thumb, not to mention the fact that every footstep would feel like a microquake to anybody within a mile.
>>
>>33087277
Anon, stop misinterpreting simple rules.

Physics simply says that if you took something, say a human skeleton, and then applied a scaling factor on it for shit and giggles, it would not have any way of working.

That's the square cube law which is all about saying that different scales require different solutions.

Giant robots are impractical as military weapons but they're perfectly fine for entertainment purposes and don't really need to bend the physics to their knee to work out. Safety and cost are the problems when it comes to the thing in OP walking, not impossibility.
>>
>>33091692
Heh, I liked the commentary by the old clones in Rebels on how ridiculous the AT-AT is compared to their AT-TE.
>>
>>33091741
It also used to be a fun tidbit about Tau and how they ridicule the Titans of other races as being impractical at best compared to their mobile suits.
Nowadays, though, they're slamming the giant robot pedal really hard.
>>
>>33087112
>Cool idea?
Fuck yeah
>Practical?
No, you take out the knees your donzo bunzo. If anything we should develop a guntank first
>>
>>33092278
*you're
>>
It'd still get wrecked by missiles from miles away.
>>
File: stardust memory full Armor.jpg (20KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
stardust memory full Armor.jpg
20KB, 400x299px
>>33087112
You should really watch more Gundam OP.
>epitome of gundam evolution is mobile armor: highly maneuverable mobile turrets/missile platforms
>still making threads like this

Kill yourself OP you fucking baiting retard. I bet you think Gundam Wing is top shit too huh pleb
>>
>>33087161

Actually IIRC bones, muscles, and tendons allow for force multiplication and energy conservation meaning its a great idea.

Legs are OP. Remember how a human can outrun any other animal? In ancient Greece they sent runners, not riders. Its why the marathon exists.
>>
>>33094274
>watching non-canon side material
>implying Nu wouldn't rape it anyway
>>
>>33094415

>mobile armors having been present in many, many renditions of Gundam

Get that noose anon.
>>
>>33094449
And they were almost always btfo by a suit.
>>
>>33094481
>And they were almost always btfo by the Hero nearly super-robot suit.
FTFY
>>
>>33094490
doesn't matter, still a MS
>>
>>33094481

Not even. In Memory it almost achieved victory but it was too little too late.
>>
>>33094343
>Legs are OP. Remember how a human can outrun any other animal? In ancient Greece they sent runners, not riders. Its why the marathon exists.
Its why Greece is in debts and the IMF's bitch
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 366x529px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 366x529px
The guntank just isn't as cool as it should be.
>>
>>33094512
wow, a single example of an almost victory. Great showing of the MA power.
>>
>>33087112
ofc, if they existed they'd be THE weapon. they would however need roller blade wheel propulsion for efficency. BD seems to be working on that already:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4180960/Boston-Dynamics-new-nightmare-inducing-robot.html
>>
/m/ poster here, Powered suits do seem feasible, but something more along the lines of Power Armor from Fallout or from the Appleseed manga series. The reason why mobile suits are the size they are is because Zeon initially developed them for Anti-ship combat, with other roles being taken on as the OYW progressed.
>>
>>33094539
It looks like a centaur or something. Needs to be more aerodynamic and streamlined.
>>
>>33094566
It needs to go back to being a fucking tank.
>>
>>33087203
Legs don't let you fight in space either you fucktard.
>>
>>33087219
What are you going to do? Swim? You're an idiot.
>>
>>33087112
Only if we had about half the gravity. They might work and be awesome on mars but then you could probably make pedal powered ornithopters there making aircraft even better.
>>
>>33087280
Exactly what is said to the antagonist when they reveal the final boss mobile suit that he'll be given to pilot (which has no legs but plenty of canons).

Because it looks cool obviously.
>>
>>33094537

Actually thats because inflation and deflation is destroying the 1st and second world because our money, which we trade our lives to get, is literally a toy banks can play with.
>>
>>33087303
Guntank is life...!
>>
>>33087330
Except we already sent vehicles to the moon, and they used wheels
>>
>>33094274
>epitome of gundam evolution is mobile armor: highly maneuverable mobile turrets/missile platforms
No, it'd the Gundam Victory 2 or the Nu Gundam (remember what happened to MS and MA who went against it?).
The Dendrobium was fine, but it would be shat upon by most of the late UC gundam.
>>
>>33089866
You still need a huge steam turbine, equally huge generator, a lot (10s of thousands of gallons) of water, and all of the pumps to move it, to turn that into electricity. Reactors produce thermal power (heat), we can't really do anything with heat by itself. So you'd need to build an entire power plant inside the suit.
>>
File: 1486842328632.jpg (147KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486842328632.jpg
147KB, 717x960px
>>33092278
>Literally an abrams with arms
For what purpose?
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (733KB, 2432x1788px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
733KB, 2432x1788px
>>33094539
>>33094566
>>33094591
It did get a design overhaul when it went into mass production.
>>
File: latest.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
what about knightmare frames?
>functions like a gundam
>wheels on the legs
>some of them can maneuver through the sky faster and better than helicopters/planes
>>
>>33094699
Peltiers?
>>
ZEON DID NOTHING WRONG

COLONY DROP BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L03K2njcCrM
>>
>>33089565
the reactor would be a thorium plant, have you seen those ? you can make one in your back yard, they run at normal atm
>>
File: XBOX+DROP[1].jpg (66KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
XBOX+DROP[1].jpg
66KB, 640x512px
>>33094858
>>
File: 1440784793125.jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440784793125.jpg
57KB, 960x720px
>>33094898
this is what g undams will run on https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_fluoride_thorium_reactor
also qubeley is best mobile suit
>>
>>33087453
>spin without reaction mass
>hurr durr you can do that with reaction mass
>>
>>33094848
Maximum of 8% efficiency, very expensive, not sure if you can upsize all the way to 100 MW. So no.
>>
>>33094858
Day of the colony soon fellow spacenoid.
>>
>>33094898
Thats going critical, not putting elextric power out, especially not MWs. See >>33094699

There is a lot more to a nuke plant (or any other power plant really) than just the reactor.
>>
>>33095029
Because Gundam arms and legs don't have mass either right? Also you cearly have no idea what reaction mass is.
>>
>>33091428
Huh, I don't really know shit about the inner working of a gundam so this is all interesting information to me. I tried to find us a power source for the /k/ommando gundam. Bitch would have a mosin nagant chambered in 15 inch cannon.

>>33094699
I may not know gundams but I do know the defense industry. There is a contract for mounting that fusion reactor onto an Oshkosh truck and putting a laser on top of it for anti air and anti ballistic missiles. It's not going to need any supporting equipment that cannot mount onto an 8x8. I believe they have a testbed but I can't find the article for it.
>>
>>33087112
Ever seen Return of the Jedi? You know that scene where the Ewoks destroy an AT-ST by rolling a bunch of logs under its legs? Pretty low-tech, but it worked.

As someone else said, walkers are completely impractical as combat weapons. It actually kinda made sense in Star Wars, because the Empire had a well-established boner for impractical-but-scary-looking terror weapons. That was kind of the point that Vader was trying to make with his comments in the Death Star conference room. Keep it practical, and remember that no amount of impressive-looking toys can substitute for the fundamentals.
>>
>>33094675

The point is: the Mobile Armors were the final evolution of Gundams. They were Gundams+highly maneuverable warships. The only other superior Gundams had Plot Armor in addition to their regular armor. Can't beat Plot Armor.

Also,
>one example

Gtfo back to /a/ you otaku moe weeb. You know jack shit about gundam.

>>33094675
>not realizing that it's a Mobile Armor or even knowing what a mobile Armor is

You strap a Gundam into it. It becomes supra-gundam. Jfc what are you kids watching these days?
>>
>>33095909
>You strap a Gundam into it
yes, I'm sure you can strap a gundam on an elmeth, neue ziel or a psyco.
>Gtfo back to /a/ you otaku moe weeb. You know jack shit about gundam.
the irony
>>
>>33095977

>specifically cited the 0083's armor and ones like it that were 'supra add-ons'
>anon still goes autismo 9000 and spergs

Cool man. Hey you should check out Gurren Lagann some time it's right down your alley.
>>
>>33095302
Id like to read that if you can find it
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 310x471px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 310x471px
>>33094828
I thought those were Covenant mobile suits for a sec with the banshee heads.
>>
>>33096697
Soooooo it might have been an internal report on my companies servers. Forget I said anything.
>>
>>33095517
>Ever seen Return of the Jedi?
You ever realize that movies are movies?

The AT-STs were piloted by complete retards and were put in the silliest situations, nor were they capable of the basic maneuvers that should be possible for bipedal walkers. If they were depicted anywhere as agile as their Clone Wars counterparts none of those clumsy traps would have worked.
>>
>>33089763
The first step to glorious mobile suit combat.
>>
>>33098503
>You ever realize that movies are movies?
>The AT-STs were piloted by complete retards and were put in the silliest situations, nor were they capable of the basic maneuvers that should be possible for bipedal walkers. If they were depicted anywhere as agile as their Clone Wars counterparts none of those clumsy traps would have worked.

Lucas based the whole idea of the Ewok battle off of the experiences that the US had in Vietnam, which, when that movie was made, were still fresh in everybody's minds. The US showed up with a lot of equipment that either wasn't suited to fighting in dense jungles or didn't work right at all. (That's not to say that *all* American equipment of that war was a dud - for example helicopter transports worked out great, and the US military jury-rigged some very effective new weapons like cargo planes turned into gunships.) The point is that there's *no* way to make a walker (or a tank for that matter) into a useful weapon in a dense forest, whether that's a Vietnam-style triple canopy jungle or an Endor-style redwood forest. That's why the Americans were never really able to deploy tanks to their full potential in Vietnam, and also why walkers were exactly the wrong thing to bring to Endor. LAAT/i's would have worked great, just like Hueys did, but for some reason the Empire didn't bring them or anything like them.

Again, Vader was the only combat commander of the OT who we ever saw deploy walkers effectively. That's because he used them on the flat, open, solid terrain of Hoth, which is just about the only place where something like an AT-AT actually makes any sense. Even at that, it took the Rebel Alliance about five minutes to figure out how to use lightly-armored snowspeeders effectively against them. The AT-ATs would have had their asses handed to them if it wasn't for the fact that they were only there to keep the rebels engaged while Vader landed the bulk of his forces.
>>
>>33087228

>Turrets.

Try again.
>>
>>33087112
in space, probably. you know, the environment mobile suits were developed for.
>>
>>33099517
>>33099517

They kinda don't look like they're maneuvering all that well at all, to be honest.

What exactly is it about the human form that's supposed to work better in zero G?
>>
File: VF-1A_Macross_masa_02.jpg (110KB, 1600x675px) Image search: [Google]
VF-1A_Macross_masa_02.jpg
110KB, 1600x675px
>>33089852
>gundams

hue
>>
>>33099539
Thats because they were piloted by zeek fucking shits
>>
File: VF-3000.gif (239KB, 1400x935px) Image search: [Google]
VF-3000.gif
239KB, 1400x935px
>>33099674
>VF-1's
What is this 2008?
>>
>>33087112

No mivosky particles means that unless you slap a ton of active defensive systems onto it it will be hit by a guided missile in short order.
>>
File: vf-25s-fullarmor-fighter[1].gif (171KB, 800x708px) Image search: [Google]
vf-25s-fullarmor-fighter[1].gif
171KB, 800x708px
>>33099712
>Not the VF-25 Messiah
>>
File: vf-27ysp-fighter.jpg (170KB, 1100x651px) Image search: [Google]
vf-27ysp-fighter.jpg
170KB, 1100x651px
>>33099926
>not the VF-27γSP Super Lucifer
>being non cyborg
>2059
laughing_idols.png
>>
>>33100132
Those lost in the end, though.
>>
File: YF-29 vs YF-27.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
YF-29 vs YF-27.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>33100226
It was a YF-19 vs. YF-21 situation.
Both were neck to neck in terms of capabilities, but extenuating circumstances meant one got its shit fucked up.
>>
>>33099815
The reactor is what is generating the particles, so in due time if it is kept running it will be in a small cloud of it.
>>
>>33087271
Global warming
>>
>>33087200
>The RX78 or something from the OYW? Could be taken out by current military.

This. OYW mobile suits could be taken out by tanks and shit.
>>
File: 1483180422207.jpg (320KB, 700x739px) Image search: [Google]
1483180422207.jpg
320KB, 700x739px
>>33097927
>internal report
its more likely someone in your company has autism than it being real then.
>>
>>33087287
I'd liken that vs. Gundam to Stephen Hawking vs. Bruce Lee.

Like your style though.
>>
File: hygoggforants.gif (2MB, 256x171px) Image search: [Google]
hygoggforants.gif
2MB, 256x171px
>No amphibious suits in this thread

The fuck are you people doing
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.