[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the V2 have the same feeding issues as the original mags?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: hexmag_s2_15rd_bk_6pk_conf.jpg (76KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
hexmag_s2_15rd_bk_6pk_conf.jpg
76KB, 700x700px
Does the V2 have the same feeding issues as the original mags?

>INB4 JUST GET SOMETHING THAT ISN'T TRASH

If you're familiar with the construction of a hex mag you'll know that the way it's made is pretty neet to have in a cucked state
>>
>>33085379
I have the original hexmags (series 1 or whatever) and haven't noticed any issues at all. That being said, pretty much everyone agrees the series 2 are much better.
>>
>>33085379
>>33085490
I have the 15 round series 1 mags for my cucked state and have also not noticed any feeding issues or any of the other issues that people claim to have with hexmags.
>>
>>33085566
I pulled apart a gen 2 pmag and a series 1 hex mag and really found them to be almost identical. The followers and functionally the same, and both seem to be built very similarly. The only thing I really noticed was the the cutout in the back which lifts up the bolt hold open seems to be more well defined and evenly cut on the hexmag than the pmag. The pmag looks like it was chipped in the back while the hexmag has a nice molded cutout in that area.
>>
just buy lancers
>>
>>33085650
I also heard that mag catch slot (I for the life of me can't recall the proper term) was made deeper as well.
>>
>>33085379
>Pretty neat in a cucked state

Forgive my freedom ignorance, but why? Is it the reducing blocks they put in, I assume they can be removed and the springs are standard?
>>
>>33085760
The standard springs are not milspec but the milspec springs work perfectly as replacements... I mean they are a cheap option in an odd mag size of 15...
>>
>>33085802
So, you're buying them to comply? Pretty lame famalam.
>>
>>33085868
Ah, yes, comply. I totally don't remove the spacer and replace the spring with a milspec spring at all.
>>
>not buying glorious 40 rd rebuild kits
>>
>>33085897
Okay, got you /k/omrade ;^)
>>
>>33085868
I bought some cheap """pinned""" USGI mags on eBay and the rivets they use totally aren't made of the worlds softest metal that gets sheared off by light force making them normal capacity.
>>
>>33085760
Basically, looks like a 30 round despite having 10 or 15 round blockers
>>
>>33085996
>buy blue laser/light foregrip at gun show
>dude at the booth showing me and a buddy the display model
>he mentions that, because the grips are manufactured overseas, customs requires the laser meet certain limits
>company added a small filter to bring the laser within spec
>he tells us to be careful not to accidentally dislodge the filter and calls it a design flaw

Went to wipe some oil off the grip and that darn filter came right off and vanished. Shame.
>>
>>33085379
The series 1 hexmags went through several revisions, including new geometry for the feed lips. Unless you have very early series 1 hexmags you shouldn't have feeding issues. Series 2 includes the improved feed lip geometry and adds a groove for loading with stripper clips, and an improved mag catch slot.

>>33085760
The 15/30 and 10/30 have mag blocks installed with cut down springs. These can be removed and the springs replaced to bring the magazine back up to 30 round capacity, should your state's citizens revolt or you decide to move.
>>
File: hexmag_m4a1.png (856KB, 700x1400px) Image search: [Google]
hexmag_m4a1.png
856KB, 700x1400px
>>33085379
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.