[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here own an Arisaka? Is it worth hunting one down if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: jap9.jpg (138KB, 791x259px) Image search: [Google]
jap9.jpg
138KB, 791x259px
Anyone here own an Arisaka?

Is it worth hunting one down if i just want to collect it? is it even possible to hunt down jap ammo to feed it?
>>
>>33083823
7.7 isnt impossible to find, but it may be a tad costly. I saw a few on gunbroker rechambered for 30-06 if you are super worried about finding ammo
>>
>>33083823
Many people here own them. They're neat from a collectible standpoint, and some of the best bolt action rifles around (the 99s anyways) but ammo is expensive and hard to find, so it pretty much requires reloading.
>>
They're fun as hell to shoot, my favorite ww2 rifle.
I took down my first deer with one last year

Ammo is a pain in the ass to find, although it's easier to get now that it was a couple years ago
The quality varies between rifles, although it doesn't affect shooting. It's up to you whether or not you want to spend the money on an intact chrysanthemum with monopod and anti-air sights or not
>>
File: 1465475634838.jpg (60KB, 607x641px) Image search: [Google]
1465475634838.jpg
60KB, 607x641px
>>33083927

>$3 a round online
>mfw
>>
>>33084075
> $0.45/rnd in my garage
>>
>>33083823
Yeah, theyre real nice. But if you don't reload, get ready to be fucked with at least 1.50/round
>>
File: 16itze0.jpg (52KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
16itze0.jpg
52KB, 800x600px
>>33083999

Whats a fair price for a decent one? I've never even seen one that had all of the accessories.
>>
>>33084211
Matching with all accessories? $1000+ would be pretty standard. Non-matching but all the accessories? $600ish. And it drops off continuously. You can find very nice rifles for $300 or less.
>>
>>33083823
im too poor for this shit. I had to settle for just an arisaka bayonet to sooth my pain ;_;

its a great gun and if you get a complete one with the mark of the weeb you become spiritually bounded to the emperor of Japan.

>>33084211
ive seen a few on gunbroker that were complete with chrysanthemum recently but they always go for around $1,000+ at minimum. the mono-pod and antiaircraft sight is sexy
>>
File: extreme feels.png (372KB, 514x524px) Image search: [Google]
extreme feels.png
372KB, 514x524px
>>33083823
the gun is awesome the only thing you have to consider is what you want out of the gun compared to your price range

>I want to own the gun
$250 will get you a 1945 last ditch pipe bomb made by a child slave that was missing seven fingers and two eyes that might burn down your house somehow.

>I want to shoot the gun
$400 bucks and you can go hunting at your local veterans center to avenge the emperor.

>I want the gun to look presentable
$600 to get you matching serial numbers to sooth your autism and a well finished stock thats been used to bash in the heads of only three Chinese soldiers.

>I want to become Japanese
$1,200 burger points + shipping + ammo cost + bayonet + tip and you receive a fully loaded full-ly full PTSD stick that you can use to hang next to your Upotte!! posters or shoot down low flying aircraft with. The intact imperial seal also means that you are now property of the Empire of Japan and must now prove your loyalty by raising a chicken from birth and then skewering it with your bayonet after becoming emotionally attached to it for 5+ years.

one of the best bolt action rifles ever made and it is viable to use in hunting and home defense situations. I love mine, and highly recommend it even if its just for collecting purposes as it is a nice looking gun with a lot of history.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.