[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw can't use red dots because muh astigmatism >Tfw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: 215366.jpg (64KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
215366.jpg
64KB, 880x660px
>Tfw can't use red dots because muh astigmatism
>Tfw don't want to settle for an uhohtech

What should I do?
>>
Get glasses
>>
>>33082783
Try using it with just one eye opened.
>>
>>33082807
Astigmatism in both eyes, even with glasses it looks like a big red smudge instead of a dot
>>
From what I heard, Holosun circledots are very forgiving to people with astigmatism. A lot of people have noted that while an aimpoint dot appears blurry/distorted, the Holosun dot doesn't.
>>
File: FML Astigmatism.png (10KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
FML Astigmatism.png
10KB, 800x400px
Pic for reference.

>Using the latest in ophthalmic medicine and imaging technology, my team of doctors were able to generate a high-definition image showing you exactly what I see
>>
>>33082783

Eotechs are even worse for you than regular red dots if you have astigmatism. You wouldn't be able to use one at all.
>>
I have an astigmatism -- still have a PRO on my Tavor. Big shit.
>>
>>33082783
Try looking through a prism sight like a Vortex 3x.
>>
>>33082783
1-Nx scope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YnaP8c-bSQ
>>
>>33082783

What exactly makes you think Eotechs work for people with astigmatism?
Because they don't.
>>
>>33082925
I have astigmatism too. I honestly didnt know until I look at a red dot at my lgs. I never had any problems with my vision and had never been to an eye doctor.
>>
Poke a pin hole in an index card, and look at it through that.
>>
>>33083901
Or, better yet, put a rear sight behind it and use an absolute cowitness mount.
>>
>>33083915
This is how I deal with it. You should have cowitness even if you aren't eyetarded
>>
How bad is it? I've got minor astigmatism also. I've never looked through an aimpoint to check, but for some reason trijicon rmr/burris fastfire style red dots aren't an issue for me but the Eotech is a bit fuzzy. Still have one though and it is usable; when you are focusing on the target you don't even think about the fuzziness.

An acog or something similar will work for you with no issues, if you want to spend the money that is.
>>
>>33082783
Low power prism scope?

>>33082806
This is the real answer. Glasses should be able to make a red dot usable. It won't be perfectly clear and crisp, but it will be accurate and faster than your irons.

>>33082925
Mine isn't anywhere near that bad. I see one centered starburst, not a line.

>>33083831
Considering switching from my Aimpoint to a low power scope. Is eye relief a problem on low power scopes? I really like how forgiving the Aimpoint is on that.
>>
>>33084172
Anything that isn't a red dot will have defined eye relief. Depends on what you define as a "problem".
>>
File: rd_amg_uh1_br.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rd_amg_uh1_br.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>Nobody has mentioned the loltech killer yet
>>
EOtechs fucking suck
>>
Don't be a faggot and use irons then.
>>
>>33084172
Obviously an LPV won't be as forgiving of weird head placement as a red dot, but it's still better than irons.
>>
>>33084258
Is it available yet?
>>
Get the lenses of your eyes replaced
https://youtu.be/fiZ3F5cpnQY
>>
>>33082783
Pic related

I have a 552 with a 5X magnifier as I wanted the NV dot and the magnification options.

My thoughts

The weight causes cant.

Still searching for the perfect NV aiming solution.
>>
vortex makes a 1x combat sight and it works really well if regular red-dots fuck with you.
>>
>>33086590
>the perfect NV aiming solution
NVG + ATPIAL
>>
>>33086674
>>the perfect NV aiming solution
>NVG + ATPIAL

i have an IR laser (and another with a focus for illuminator) plus the usual visual spectrum shit like reds and greens.

I'm not fan.

Nice 200M OP in the dark///comfy....use IR laser or range finger. Other side has NVG on. Dead.
>>
>>33086866
I hust want to be able to shoot [eople dead in silence with no noise or flash from 0-450 meters in the dark with sub moa accuracy and 60 grain subsonics without any blowing my OP. Is that to much to ask?

Is it?
>>
File: 20170107_225559-1.jpg (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_225559-1.jpg
2MB, 1536x2048px
I have astigmatism as well. Red dots look like a comet to me. Found that etched reticule prism optics are perfectly fine. I've got two Primary Arms optics. A 2.5x on an AR and a 5x on my PTR.
>>
I have similar problems. Not astigmatism but focusing issues. Migraines and shit.

My suggestion are etched prism sights too. About the only thing I have found comfortable.

I've used one of these before on an LGS demo gun. Don't know if I'd pay the price but it worked pretty damn well for me:

https://www.amazon.com/DI-Optical-Falcon-Prismatic-Control/dp/B0171KBZVY/ref=lp_15611464011_1_3?srs=15611464011&ie=UTF8&qid=1487822514&sr=8-3
>>
>>33085969
Yep, OP has it for $500

http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-razor-amg-uh-1-holographic-sight-scope.html
>>
>>33087349
Actually, I take that back. It says coming in March. That is pre-order
>>
File: See-All-Nite-Rail00009-1.jpg (237KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
See-All-Nite-Rail00009-1.jpg
237KB, 1000x665px
Anyone tried this SeeAll?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487823494263.jpg (91KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487823494263.jpg
91KB, 1200x1200px
Maybe you need this! Lol
>>
>>33087607
hideous
>>
>>33087607
I am enjoying that in the top two images the laser is backwards.
>>
>>33090379
it is backwards so you can properly align your head with the scope.
>>
>>33082925
Just aim with the top edge of the "dot" as it's presented to you. It scatters reliably for me and I don't find that my precision or accuracy are reduced by using that technique. The zero doesn't hold when other people use the rifle but the only time other people use my red dot mounted guns I have time to adjust it to a better zero before I hand it over.

You can solve the astigmatism problem by using a 1-5 or 1-6 optic, but you lose unlimited eye relief. if unlimited eye relief isn't important to you that's what I'd recommend.
>>
>>33087607
This scope gives me parallax issues just by looking at a picture of it
>>
>>33082783
I've always wondered about the set up in the OP pic.

Wouldn't the magnification behind the optic also magnify the dot making it hide more of the target? Wouldn't it be better to put the magnification on the other side of the optic so just the target is magnified and not the optic as well?
>>
>>33092261
Enjoy your fuckity eye relief.

Eotechs have 1MOA sized dots. It won't obscure shit.
>>
>>33086893
>is that too much to ask... blah blah
Well, yes it is. What does sub-moa have to do with the price of tea in china if you're "able to shoot people dead?" Dead IS dead, save the salt.
>>
>>33092997
>What does sub-moa have to do with
Shot placement. If he's interested in using sub-sonics then he's likely interested in silencing them to not reveal his OP. It also seems like he is also not interested in using active IR aiming methods and wants to use passive IR aiming methods to keep is IR signature down. EOTechs are the only red dot out there that can do this.

>>33092289
It's better or equal to most ACOG model eye relief.
>>
>>33084258
What's so good about this?
>>
>>33093403
Does EOTech things without the meme hate.
>>
>>33084258
Looks like a brick

Why is the eyepiece so small
>>
>>33093607
The sight is actually huge.
>>
>>33084172
>I see one centered starburst
Is that not normal? That's what red dots look like to me unless I have them turned down low enough.
>>
>>33093807

So how is this supposed to be better than an eotech then

Fixes POI shifts at the expense of putting a fucking brick on your gun?
>>
>>33090780
All it needs is an inclinometer to ensure scope is level and that thing will make headshots on rabbits out to 1000m a breeze!
>>
>>33092261
No, eotech is a holographic site, it's like a heads up display in a fighter jet unlike an led in a tube (like all other red dots) it scales depending on your distance from it and works independently of magnification. For example, you put it anywhere on your rail and look at it from any distance the reticle will still be the same size relative to the target. 1moa dot stays 1moa. Same with magnification, you put a 3x magnifier behind it the dot stays 1moa but the target looks 3x closer. you put a 3x magnifier behind a normal red dot, it multiplies the dot so that your 2 or 4moa dot becomes a 6 or 12 moa dot respectively AND the target looks 3x closer.
>>
>>33093352
>EOTechs are the only red dot out there that can do this.
Most decent red dots have night vision settings, but really if he cares about shooting sub-MOA at up to 450 m then he needs a magnified day optic with a clip-on NOD in front of it, not a red dot.
>>
Trijicon tr24 fixed it for me sold off my aimpoint and bought it. Green triangle
>>
>>33087586
I have. Its OK. Not great. It seems like it should be faster, but its really not. Mine is the older one without tritium, and its next to useless In anything but daylight.

Its neat for what it is. It holds zero and is accurate shooting slugs from my shotgun.
>>
Time to pony up $$$$ for an Elcan SpecterDR. I can't use red dots either, but Elcan doesn't project the dot to infinity. Plus built like a tank and has 4x.
>>
>>33096780
Make sure you call ELCAN and get the adjustable QD levers.
>>
>>33096780

>suggesting that criminally overpriced brick of shit

Just get a fucking acog, OP
>>
>>33082783
>What should I do?
1-4x scope.
>>
>>33097764
>just get a scope that can't be zeroed properly without banging on it with a hammer and has no 1x capability unless you run a red dot off to one side or 7-8 inches above bore
>>
>ctrl f
>Spitf
>0 results

Vortex Spitfire has a 1x option as well as 3x. Prismatic so there's particular eye relief but it's an etched reticle so eye problems aren't an issue
>>
>>33082783
I have astigmatism too and eotechs were probably the worst reticule I've seen. It was a giant swirl of dots. Single point rds work best for me, however anything with an etched reticle or like a prism sight would be the clearest
>>
>>33098076
>can't be zeroed properly without banging on it with a hammer

What

>no 1x capability
1x capability like on the Elcan is fucking useless. It isn't even true 1x where you can cowitness with irons. Fixed 3x is all you would need for anything. Especially for people like OP who can't even use reflex sights because of astigmatism
>>
>>33098499
>What
You have to smack the turrets with a mallet or something to seat the prism after you make your elevation/windage adjustments or they'll be fucky and your POI will wander all over the place. This is a well-known issue with ACOGs.
>>
>>33098988

You don't smack them, you give them a light tap with a small dead blow mallet

You smack that optic and you're just going to knock it off zero again

Also this is something you're supposed to do with every optic with turrets, idk about eotechs and such though
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.