[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How piratical is the Longbow and the Longsword in modern combat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

How piratical is the Longbow and the Longsword in modern combat? They were proven by Jack Churchill to be as fordable as the machine gun and pistol.
>>
>>33081308
In hand to hand combat, a longsword trumps knife in terms of kinetic energy of the longbow they've got a draw weight of roughly 300 depending if they've been made for the user and correctly.

They could work the bow could easily be upgraded and redesign with armor piecing rounds and explosive heads.
>>
>>33081308
Just imagine firing an arrow that breaks up into smaller arrows that hit the ground.
>>
File: 1bowUSE.jpg (189KB, 1000x711px)
1bowUSE.jpg
189KB, 1000x711px
>>33081357
What you should be saying is imagine a bow like this and the weight that your able to draw.
>>
>>33081365
That's automatically drawn though.
>>
>>33081308
>They were proven by Jack Churchill to be as fordable as the machine gun and pistol.

He got a cheeky kill with one on an unaware krout during a stealth raid. He then immediately reverted to using an actual gun because he wasn't retarded.
>>
>>33081447
^ this
>>
i was wondering why they didnt use bows in ww1 with trenches. get the tradjectory right and you can kill quite a few in the other trench, seeing your mate impaled with arrows has got to be more scary than your mate being shot.
>>
>>33083868

Are you retarded? They used plunging fire with machine guns and mortars. Why would they use fucking arrows?
>>
>>33083868
because they had grenades for that. they used slings though.
>>
>>33081447
>Sayagainturkeyyouwantmywhat.jpg
>>
>>33081308
>How piratical is the Longbow and the Longsword
>piratical
Pretty sure pirates used pistols and cutlass m8.
>>
>>33081308
A long sword means nothing compared to using a katana. There's a reason marine soldiers feared Japanese who deployed such terrifying weapons of honor
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.