[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody have experience with these? It may be the most comfortable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: VP9-Oblique-LEFT-MAY-22-2014[1].jpg (51KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
VP9-Oblique-LEFT-MAY-22-2014[1].jpg
51KB, 1200x846px
Anybody have experience with these? It may be the most comfortable gun I've ever held. Considering buying it.

HK VP9 if you didn't know.
>>
>>33080070
I've heard some not so great things about that one, that it isn't as good as other HKs. I would get the P30SK instead
>>
>>33080091
I didn't try that one. Don't think the shop had it. But it's the same frame just not striker fired, right?

I'm not attached to HK at all, by the way. /k/ just told me that the VP9 is good for small hands and I found the grip and trigger exceptionally agreeable.
>>
I was super excited to buy a Walther P22 until I found out the slides from whatever fuckin' company they'd changed to used shitty potmetal. Manlet hands to the fucking max but it felt so fuckin' good.
>>
>>33080154
Almost same frame but with significant improvements.
>>
>>33080070
A salesman at my favorite gun store insisted I try his
Was not too good with it
I may just suck with all polymer framed guns though
>>
>>33080196
They must design some of these 22's for younger people or those with smaller hands. P22, SR22, & Browning's 1911-22 are just too small to me. If they would make them with a service caliber frame like the S&W M&P22 (same size as the 9/40) that would be great.
>>
>>33080070
Just get a P99. Its what that gun was trying to copy.
>>
>>33080070

I got one a few months back and finally brought it to a gun class this weekend.

Honestly, I like it. I don't know if it's head and shoulders better than any other gun I own, but I was pretty pleased when we were shooting 6" plates at 20 yards.

Anyway, I like it.
>>
>>33080070
Barely even a HK/10
>>
>>33080632
this.

My buddy bought one for this first gun, loves the fuck out of it.. he shoots lefty so the ambi mag drops is great.
Then won another one in a contest a few months later, and ended up selling it to a friend.
He loved it, fit well, handed well..

Then they shot my USP .45 and both now want a USP.

With that said, its okay.. its a 9mm.. goes bang, but nothing to go crazy about.
I personally hate the fucking front rail thing... the slide scoops in the front.. and the grips gay.
Seriously if your looking at a HK pistol, get a USP. Next step above that is match grade / comp 1911's and
this thing shoots just a well as them in most cases.

Also... if you are considering CCW.. Dont be a fucking lazy ass carry a fullsize pistol.. its a hole inch winder and inch longer.. whoop dee fucking doo..
its worth the trade off for a little more barrel and a few more rounds. Not to mention if you think a compact is comfortable your lieing to yourself.

>Source : Experience
>>
>>33080710
USP is too big for my hands.

I made a thread here a few days ago asking for pistols for small hands. Seriously, my hands are fucking tiny. The VP9 and Ruger American with small frame are what I was recommended for a double-stack 9mm. Gun shops don't keep the small frame on the Ruger American display guns, so the only not tiny guns I've found that fit my hands are 1911s and the VP9.
>>
>>33080196
The p22 is made by umarex with the walther name slapped on the side. The PPQ 22 is made by actual walther.
>>
If you liked the VP9, then you'll love the walther PPQ.
>>
>>33080972
I don't get this, I don't have big hands by any means, but I've never held a gun that was "too big" to fit in them comfortably
>>
>>33080070
I have one and I prefer it over my Glock 17.
>>
>>33081078
PPQs trigger is too long for me to reach. It might be ok with a smaller back strap tho.

>>33081240
I wear women's medium gloves and they're a little big. With something like a glock I have to hold it in like a 2-o-clock position relative to my forearm to reach the trigger.
>>
I have a VP9 and a PPQ model 1 in 9. I like the HK, but I love the Walther. If I could only own one, I would sell he HK. That being said, my carry pistol is a USPc in 45 and I'd take it over either without a second thought.
>>
>>33081605
I have little manlet/trump hands and with the small grip on the ppq, I am able to reach the trigger just fine. If I were you, I would ask the gunstore you are at to let you put the small grip on to see if it fits your hand better/ to see if you can reach the trigger. It comes with the medium grip on by default. If they will not do that for you, go to a different store. Any place with half decent customer service will be happy to help you.
>>
>>33080070
Would have been better if HK made it from the ground up instead of making a striker fired P30
>>
>>33080070
these things have best triggers on any strikerfire ive used...i own a vp40 and its great
>>
>>33081605
I was just about to ask if you were a woman since you seem to have some tiny fucking hands. Glad you cleared it up. Go buy a S&W airweight, honey.
>>
File: IMG_1488.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1488.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
trigger break on the vp9 is better than the ppq, reset on the ppq is better

ppq has a slightly lighter trigger

vp9 feels a lot more comfortable to me

honestly they're both probably the best striker fired pistols on the market at the moment, try both and pick one
>>
>>33080453
If the P99 is so great then how come people only ever seem to talk about the PPQ?
I was thinking of getting one, since I've heard it's just a PPQ with a double action option, but i see very little about it compared to all the PPQ praise.
>>
>HK
>VP9
I seriously hope you don't use that gun, ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOu5ZGfgtVk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMDMAEwjAeI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhUZa_q20Os
>>
>>33083775
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc
>>
>>33083824
3 failed tests > 1 """successful""" test
>>
>>33083878
>throwing weapons at trees and plates
>real world tests
>>
File: IMG_20170209_121107.jpg (68KB, 750x497px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170209_121107.jpg
68KB, 750x497px
I had one. Traded it for a Glock and I've never been happier.

Did this for several reasons. As an engineer I went into a lot of detail comparing pros and cons of the vp9 versus the Glock 17 gen 4. Here are some basic comparisons.
>First, the vp9 has some low end QC
>Second, magazines are like $60 a peice
>Third, after market for the vp9 is non existing. You could make a Glock completely from non-Glock parts.
>Fourth, Glock has a history of being reliable. Between shooting both my vp9 has had 10+ feed malfunctions versus 0 for the Glock.
>Fifth and find point since I'm tired of typing. If a SHTF situation does happen, a Glock will have more available parts. The vp9 does not.

Okay I'm done. Not a Glock shill or fan boy either. I only compared it to a Glock since that was the trade offered to me.
>>
>>33082785
>Go buy the lightest possible smallest barrel gutter sighted 5 shot revolver cuz ur a girl
What is it with fudds and thinking little guns=less recoil. This isn't the 1930-70's where anything smaller than a 1911 was chambered in .32acp or below and pocket revolvers were in .32s&w

They make the s&w shield in fucking 45acp. .380 out of a bodyguard or lcp is a firecracker and even seasoned shooters can't hit shit past 5-7 yards half the time and the cast fixed sights might as well not be there due to how much Kentucky windage is necessary.

Small pistols=stiff springs
Small pistols=high recoil

A full sized 9mm with adjustable backstraps is a great option for anyone to get into shooting
>>
>>33080070

>first gun ever is full size usp in 45
>love it to death
>buy all the HK memes
>This gun is just okay

meh, they can't all be winners. I prefer the P30SK
>>
>>33084119
What does being an engineer have to do with any of that
>>
>>33084119

>tfw sold my glock 19 to buy an m9a1

feels good
>>
>>33080710
this man understands
>>33080972
then get the VP9, it's a great pistol and you'll like it.
>>
>>33084119
>As an engineer

>repeats basic fudd tales

also
>the vp9 has some low end QC
>not mentioning glock
>>
File: DSCN0865.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0865.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>33080070
mine felt like jesus's dick which cant be all bad so i bought it and it shoots like jesus's wet dream
>>
>>33084119
>parts
Pretty much the only thing I'm cautious about with this gun. But if I want a gun that fits me and has common parts I'm pretty much stuck with 1911s.
>>
>>33080710

this.

I like the P30/VP9 grip, (I've got a P30SK and will prob still get a VP9), but I always like the grip and texture/pattern on the HK45 more. That being said the 23 is still my overall favroite. I'll be getting a USP/Expert in .45 eventually too
>>
>>33084485
>
just got mine a couple weeks ago
>>
>>33084836

love that color. I think when I eventually get mine I'm gonna get it in that
>>
>Glock 17 size
>15 rounds
>>
File: grip shell.jpg (70KB, 600x331px) Image search: [Google]
grip shell.jpg
70KB, 600x331px
>>33080972
If you have small hands, look for a pistol where the rear of the grip is scalloped at the top, like the VP9 is. Even a shallow cut from there can make a pistol much easier to grip. The P226 E2 has a very shallow cut and the difference was enough that I was able to use it. The latest thing is what Sig is doing with the P320, where the entire grip can be replaced. They're offering the entire thing in three sizes, and cheap enough that you could buy one and experiment with changing the shape of the grip, cutting it and building up other areas with putty to make a totally custom target-style grip.
>>
Glockfag (and others) that just got one. Love it.

It just grips so nicely. Shoot a bit better with it.

Still love Glocks though; dependable as hell.
>>
File: 2- PT 24 7 pro.jpg (1MB, 2427x1830px) Image search: [Google]
2- PT 24 7 pro.jpg
1MB, 2427x1830px
>>33080070

Allow me to trigger you. Reminds me of this.
>>
>>33083996
>immerse in water and mud
>don't real
>>
>>33081068
PPQ 22 is also bigger
>>
File: IMG_20170201_173046.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170201_173046.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>33087979
Top to bottom PPQ22, airshit, PPQ 9mm
>>
>>33080972
For real man, check out the g43. Shit is comfy as FUCK in my tiny hands.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.