[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats /k/'s opinion on the Sig P250? I've been thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: SigP250.jpg (2MB, 2464x1648px) Image search: [Google]
SigP250.jpg
2MB, 2464x1648px
Whats /k/'s opinion on the Sig P250? I've been thinking about picking one up as my first handgun. Figure it fits my needs with the swappable frames to make it full sized and compact for cc and hd. I feel like for being a relatively innovative design it's not talked about much for whatever reason, like to see what you guys think about it. Cheers.
>>
File: 20160507_192315.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160507_192315.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Inferior to p320 imo
>>
>>33075988
Any major differences between the two other then price?
>>
>>33076092
Yes. They are basically the same gun except the 320 is striker fired, based on what you said you want to do with it id recommend the 320
>>
>>33075973
Get the 320, it more enjoyable to shoot I think. 250 has a slightly awkward trigger pull that takes some getting used to.
>>
>>33075973
It's a highly underrated gun and a generally misunderstood one by many.

The P250 is DAO meaning that it's a true double action only handgun with a hammer and long double action pull. The P320 is a striker fired pistol that took off from where the P250 left off at and has a very shootable striker fired trigger that the majority of shooters will 'like' more. Because of this, everyone pretty much ignores the P250 in favor for the P320. It also fell into obscurity due to the 1st Gen P250's being plagued with problems and by the time Sig got around to fixing it with the 2nd Gen iteration, everyone had moved onto pistols such as Glocks. While the P250 gets pushed aside most of the time, it actually has one of the best DAO triggers in a semi auto handgun on the market.

I like the safety benefit of a moving hammer for carry because you can put your thumb on it, making it impossible to discharge should something like a pull cord or piece of shirt get caught inside the trigger guard during a draw or reholstering. The P250 does this quite well similarly to a double action revolver or DA/SA pistol like the Sig P226.

While the trigger is workable and far better than most expect, you won't shoot it as fast as a striker fired trigger. The speed in which I am talking about is something where .20 second splits matter like in competition but it is absolutely usable in a defensive application.

I'll post some of my personal thoughts on the swappable grip frames/slides in the next post.
>>
>>33075973
Only if you really, really like DAO. Otherwise, go for the striker-fired P320. Subcompact's nice. The slide release on the carry/subcompact models are nicer than on the full-size, they're larger and easier to manipulate.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.