[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are modern military dress/service uniforms in Western countries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1470019498512.jpg (871KB, 1600x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1470019498512.jpg
871KB, 1600x1142px
Why are modern military dress/service uniforms in Western countries so shit? Who the fuck thought blue was a good primary color for a branch whose primary mission is based on the ground? You know, the ground, that place with all the greens and browns...
>>
>>33075903
Why would a dress/service uniform need to be the same color as our camouflage? They serve different purposes.
>>
File: US Army dress blues.png (66KB, 300x144px) Image search: [Google]
US Army dress blues.png
66KB, 300x144px
>>33075930
Having a green colored dress uniform isn't camouflage, it just looks nice. The US Army dress uniform is a fucking joke. Especially the retards with the paratrooper boots and berets. They look like children who found their dad's suit in his closet and threw together a makeshift "uniform" to go play Army with
>>
>>33075978
The camouflage statement is based off of OP's implying that our dress uniforms should be the same color as what we would wear in the field.
>>
>>33075978
They do look bad, but I think that's more of a function of the cut and style than the blue color. Not that the color helps.
>>
>>33075978

It would take more than dye to fix the mess that is the current dress uniform. Heck, the Marines have the same basic color scheme yet manage to make it work. I think it's the belt on the midsection that's missing.
>>
>>33075903
Blue is the traditional US military color, brah.
>>
File: DressBlue.jpg (116KB, 1024x716px) Image search: [Google]
DressBlue.jpg
116KB, 1024x716px
>>33076102
>I think it's the belt on the midsection that's missing.
I'm with ya there
>>
File: Navy honor guard dress blues.jpg (496KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Navy honor guard dress blues.jpg
496KB, 2100x1500px
>>33076120
This. If they just wore a fucking belt with it it would look a thousand times better. Same goes for the Navy too. It's only the Honor Guard for the Army and Navy that seem to have any class.

That said, the US Army dress blues are still ugly as fuck. The color isn't the problem, they're just fucking disgusting to look at for any lengthy amount of time. Everything with them is so wrong
>>
File: new_slide_06.jpg (76KB, 1183x454px) Image search: [Google]
new_slide_06.jpg
76KB, 1183x454px
>>33076102
It's the fact that without a beret and awards, it's just a goddamn suit. The Air Force's is even worse. Especially in the fuckin' nerd jersies.
>>
>>33076160
look at that fuckin nose on the second one to the left. Maybe they shouldnt have him standing around on deck, that thing's probably got a bigger radar cross section than the Bismarck
>>
>>33076168
That's the Civil Air Patrol tho. They're just a bunch of bullied nerds and autismos playing soldier
>>
File: Open-Ranks-1024x731.jpg (146KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
Open-Ranks-1024x731.jpg
146KB, 1024x731px
>>33076168
i like how they look like commercial airliner pilots
>>
>>33076236
Nah m8, airline pilots even look better than them
>>
>>33076160
>>33076120
>>33075978
navy has the worst uniform

man it's like they already have that rep of being gay now they got that shit to wear it's like there parents hate them also whats up with the gay blue camo

at least they got navy seals who are decent tear but still that gay uniform man
>>
>>33076675
It's Whataboutus Syndrome.

It started with the Army. "It's the future!" some 4-star general in the Pentagon cried. "We have to look like we're high tech warriors!" So they got their stupid shitty digital camo. Thus began the Age of Troubles.

Then the Muhreens wanted the ugly retarded diggies because "well da Army got em :(". But now the Chair Force is sitting on the sidelines. They can't be the only ones still wearing the old woodland shit! "What about us? We're the techies!" So they got their shitty diggies.

Then the Navy, for whatever fucking reason, took a look around. They saw the uniforms they currently wore, which were practical and nautical. They also saw miles of ocean in every direction. So then it hit them. "WHAT ABOUT US??"

And thus they got their shitty diggies too. Even though the only purpose it serves is to make sure nobody can see you if you fall overboard. One less mouth to feed, and on a ship with a crew of 300, every little bit helps! :^)
>>
>>33075903
Yeah, they should make a new dress uniform based on the 19th century Army uniforms. I wonder what that would look like...
>>
>>33075903
That's the Australian Army, and they're going back to that style of dress uniform.
>>
>>33076791
>the muhreens wanted diggies because the army had them

you are a dumb fucking faggot aren't you?
At least do a 10 second google search before posting.
>>
It's a recruiting tool. It's a sometimes shitty job staffed by low-experience employees. Pogie bait works.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.