[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides being too expensive for the average amerilard gun owner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: Five-seveN_Rotators_1-2.png (353KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
Five-seveN_Rotators_1-2.png
353KB, 1200x850px
Besides being too expensive for the average amerilard gun owner (who must support his enormous body with 20-30 thousand kilocalories a day in McDonalds and Burger King), what was wrong with this gun?
>>
>>33075040
Not much. I think 5.7x28 is going the right way, more velocity = more better.
>>
>>33075040
Because FN is the Belgian Hk.
>>
>>33075040
FN won't sell us ss190
>>
Honestly?
It's not the same size as a glock 19.
If it were instead of the full sized abomination it would've swamped the market as a viable CCW gun, but nooo gotta make it laughably oversized.
>>
It's an ergonomics nightmare for the most part.
>>
I never experienced any functional problems the few times I've shot it at the range. It does, however, feel VERY different from anything I've shot. The control placement is odd. It feels extremely cheap. It's not something I would buy, even if it was a good gun functionally, which I'm sure it is. I just don't enjoy shooting it. I really did try to like it, though.
>>
For $1100-1300 it should of been steel or aluminum

No real defensive round option, you have standard p90 load and the economy American eagle. The AP version is off limits and reloading is problematic

Typical FN jewing is abound, mags are price gouged, parts unobtanium unless you send it in for service, and factory accessories are overpriced unless you're a LEO

I still want one myself but theres a load of salt blocking the purchase
>>
File: 1471150907613.jpg (54KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
1471150907613.jpg
54KB, 500x530px
>>33075040
Have you ever held one? Pretty sure that will answer all of your questions. Keep in mind the 5.7 is not a defensive gun. This coked out chinese guy explained to me one time at work that the 5.7 will put a 4inch wide hole in a mans chest.

speaking of mcdolans related greentext
>5'10" 145LBS
>athletic muscular build
>want to bulk like a pro
>decide to drink gallon of whole milk a day
>for 25 days
>today is day 1
>todays food log so far
>12pm (3)glass milk (1)apple
>2pm (1)milk (1)coke (1)triple cheeseburger (1)sm fries
>4pm (3)milk
>6pm (1)glass milk (1)penut butter jelly sammich

feeling pretty milky desu, haven't polished that gallon off yet though.
>>
Poor fags hate it. Seriously nothing is wrong with the pistol or cartridge. Pistol has capacity of 20rnds on stock mags. Mag extensions bring it to 30rnds. It's like faggots don't understand it's the perfect home defense gun.

5.7x28 is basically 5.56 short. The PDW ps90 shoots the same caliber. A pistol that is 30round capable, a carbine with 50rnd capacity.
>>
Its a $1300 .22 that costs 50 cents a round to shoot and we can't even get the ammo that its designed for.

Oh and if you've ever handled one it feels like a $50 airsoft gun from Dicks
>>
>>33075364
>5.56 short
NO. You cannot compare a shortened caliber coming out of a 4.8" barrel as even close to 5.56, thats idiocy.
>Good for home defense
Yeah, a tiny cartridge is great
>Can have up to 30 rounds with an extended mag
Oh like every other semi auto handgun on the planet?

FNH sales go home
>>
>>33075491
Hahaha the "muh stopping power" meme
>>
>>33075359
There's no way you have a "muscular" build at 5' 10" and 145 pounds. Even going for practical strength training you'd be 20 pounds heavier than that. Get out skellington.
>>
>>33075040
(OP)
>>
>>33075083
Well it's import banned, so blame the rich Jews in American government.
>>
>>33075040
It's hideous to look at.
>>
>>33075524
Someone call USSOCOM and tell them their ballisticians and operators are falling for MEMES. Some anonymous poster on 4cham said so!
>>
>>33075359
You're gonna have big fat milky tits from all the hormones they pump into milk cows that make it into the product, anon
>>
>>33075364
>the perfect home defense gun
>designed for maximum penetration
>>
>>33075663
>he doesn't live in a concrete commieblock

lmoa @urlife
>>
>>33075681
Sorry I'm not living in a Victorian era watch factory or literal bunker. Enjoy your cancer and/or mesothelioma.
>>
>>33075729
>he never claimed his free albanian bunkerâ„¢

just give it up mate
>>
>>33075040

Useless gimmick cartridge that is designed for accuracy at range and penetration, i.e. the two factors that no handgun user ever needs to consider. Against unarmored attackers 5.7 out of a handgun is functionally equivalent to a .22lr pistol.
>>
>>33075597
I do.
>>
You can't buy the AP ammo it was designed to use, so you essentially have a glorified .22 magnum
>>
>>33075040
It does everything it's designed to do admirably, it's just that what it was designed to do is kind of pointless. Tests seem to indicate that it's better against body armor than a standard pistol cartidge like 9mm, but at the same time it's not as good as something like an intermediate rifle cartridge. Recoil is negligible but again, it's negligible in other calibers too, particularly the aforementioned intermediate rifle cartridges. Against soft tissue it really doesn't matter, poking blood pressure-lowering holes in assailants is really all a round needs to do.

So from the perspective of a consumer, there's no economcal reason to buy a 5.7x28mm handgun when a 9mm is massively cheaper and does the same job. There's no reason to buy a PS90 when a 5.56x45mm carbine or SBR can do better for cheaper. This leaves the only real market for the products with the "because it's cool" crowd, which isn't enough to force wide adoption.

All that said though, they do look like cool range toys and I suppose if you did not already own a better HD option, you could certainly use it for that purpose. You'd just be paying $500 up front and 20cpr more than you needed to in order to do the job.
>>
Grip length front to rear is too long to be comfortable for manlets like me.
>>
File: Kel-Tec-5.56.jpg (52KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Kel-Tec-5.56.jpg
52KB, 600x399px
>>33075040

Basically it's only useful if you have the armor piercing stuff.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/10/16/5-7x28mm-body-armor/

And even then, it won't punch through a helmet if using the Five-seveN's barrel length. Not to mention that from what I recall, with a body armored torso, a penetrating shot with the SS190 armor piercing stuff on IIIA only managed to make a shallow, mediocre wound channel that didn't even deliver full-body penetration.

So basically the only situation where this pistol would EVER be useful is encountering soft body armored opponents when you don't have access to a rifle, and ONLY with the banned armor piercing round. Even if you had the armor-piercing stuff, if your opponent has no body armor you're better off with regular pistol caliber rounds in terms of sheer trauma. Hard armor and you're fucked when it comes to center-mass shots anyway.

The best part is that Travyon can do what the Five-seveN does, with more devastating wound channels, without having to use unobtainium ammo, for $400 cheaper. With pic related.

tl;dr it's an overspecialized meme gun that only has a bright spot against conventional handguns if you're using banned ammo, and only if your opponent is wearing soft armor (but actually does worse than a conventional handgun against an unarmored opponent, and has no advantages against hard armor).
>>
>>33075359
dude I post this every time I see someone fall for the milk meme but nobody believes me. I fucking destroyed my metabolism because I was lanky and wanted to bulk up. hope you enjoy eating salads for the rest of your life.
>>
>>33078260
tell me more, anon of the milk
>>
>>33078260
MILKCHAN PLEASE RESPOND DESU SENPAI I NEED TO LEARN OF YOUR PAIN AND STRUGGLE
>>
>>33075359
A gallon of milk is a bit much, two litres is more reasonable, but the acronym isn't nearly as cool.

You also have to look at your goals. Rippetoe is trying to get people up to a certain level in a school semester for competition and practicality purposes. If you're not interesting in getting into amateur competitions or using it to complement wrestling or martial arts, then maybe his diet advice isn't appropriate for you.
>>
>>33078450
I didn't ask your faggot advice, I just finished my first gallon and I'm a beast. fuck you
>>
>>33078468
you've made your choice. say goodbye to eating whatever you want and say hello that salad diet starting in about 6 months.
>>
>>33078486
fool I asked MILKCHAN to tell me of his pain and he didn't respond. Are you MILKCHAN? you are bad about properly maintaining identity in a thread.

TELL ME YOUR STRUGGLE MILKCHAN, TELL ME EXACTLY OF YOUR PAIN
>>
>meme proprietary caliber
>proprietary design parts
These things alone will kill the market availability of your gun unless it gets picked up for some kind of military use and spawns more interest. Same thing happened to .357 SIG and would have happened to .40 S&W and 10MM if the Federal government hadn't jumped on them.
>>
Well lets look at the only real world data we have on the gun
>Fort Hood Shooting
>FN Five-seveN with pricey SS192 and SS197SR ammo
>End result: 13 dead 33 wounded (28% mortality rate)
In contrast
>Virginia Tech shooting
>Glock 19 9mm (with regular hollow points) and Walther P22 .22 cal
>End result: 33 killed, 17 wounded (67% mortality rate)

In conclusion, the Five-SeveN is an expensive meme gun without the fancy illegal AP ammo, and even then it's still probably a meme. It offers no benefit to the average user over a regular Glock 17 or something.

>Inb4 whatever, I know my comparison isn't some high-level scientific study
>>
>>33075359
So I fucked up my hormones doing steriods. I even fucking lactated a little bit a few times. Eventually my hormone chemistry balanced out and I am back to almost normal, Except my nipples stay hard. However if I drink too much milk I'll fucking lactate. Obviously the shit is full of fucking cow estrogen.
>>
>>33078527
>i fucked up my hormones doing steroids
>hilarious results
>obviously milk is to blame
fucking, what?
>>
>>33078529
No milk is not to blame for the problem, just being estrogen sensitive and adding pregnant fucking cow hormones into my body makes me fucking lactate.

so sure, you won't lactate if you drink milk, however it's certainly pushing you in that direction.
>>
>>33078575
How does it feel to have your entire life be a comedy now?
>>
>>33078527
>>33078575
>>33078591
ahahahahhahaha ufck my sides are gone
>>
>>33078625
>>33078591
Glad I could be informative and humorous for you buddy. Let me know if you have any other questions.
>>
it's a gun designed to defeat body armor and street thugs don't wear any body armor
>>
>>33075040
If you want to kill a man you don't stab him in the chest with an icepick. That is unless you mean to stab him 40 times or more because your filled with rage hotter than the first five layers of the Sun.
>>
>>33075095
It's a service weapon with a cartridge heavily dependent on velocity. Nothing oversized about it and FN already had the FNP
>>
>>33078496
>These things alone will kill the market availability of your gun unless it gets picked up for some kind of military use and spawns more interest.

That's all it was ever for and it's not like it made its debut at 2017 shot show.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.