[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My state is filled with morons! WTF! "SUMPTER TOWNSHIP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

My state is filled with morons! WTF!

"SUMPTER TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WXYZ) - The Sumpter Township Police Department got a big surprise when a woman brought a live anti-tank round into their department Monday."

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wayne-county/sumpter-township-takes-to-facebook-after-anti-tank-round-brought-to-them

>pic very related
>>
>>33073008
>Sabot

Meh. I mean, it's got propellant and it isn't smart for a random person to move around a round that they are ignorant of, but tbqh it's a fucking sabot. Military EOD probably just showed up and tossed it in their SUV without a second thought.
>>
>>33073008
Neat.

I'd get it de-milled and turn it into a bitching standing ashtray desu.
>>
File: 1439624084377.jpg (38KB, 476x344px) Image search: [Google]
1439624084377.jpg
38KB, 476x344px
>>33073044
We have pretty much the worst fucking roads in the country. Theres no way in hell Id just toss it in my trunk and let it get bounced and jarred all over the place. I dont care if its not a HEAT round, still aint moving a 30+ year old live round of that size.
>also chekd, nice dubs
>>
>>33073125
>inb4 use as dildo to one up mosin bolt in butthole guy
>>
>>33073128
I bet very strongly that when military EOD showed up (required for a military round), that they just put it in their civilian truck/SUV and buttressed it from rolling around a bit before driving it away.

It's seriously not scary. Unfired means no worries about any hung mechanism, and it doesn't even have a fuze to hang anyway. Seriously, it's about the least scary round to transport.
>>
>>33073244
still wouldnt move it. Thats what phone calls are for.
>whats with you and 44 dubs? Chekd
>>
>>33073141
>one up mosin bolt in butthole guy
did you miss stuck shotgun barrel guy?
>>
>>33073378
Know what?
>>
i hate our state, not many /k/ people either
>>
>>33073008
Looks like an m865 target practice round.
>>33073044
>it's got propellant
How do you know?
>>
>>33073244
>Seriously, it's about the least scary round to transport.
>static from some dudes shirt is produced
>sparks on the round or the bed of the truck
>bye faggots
>>
>>33073402
>>33073413
Forgot to paste the quote. I deleted and reposted.
>>
>>33073413
That's the most it would have, if that, in a worst case scenario. It may well be demilled and the article is being hyperbolic.

>>33073420
You think a primer is that easy to set off? Damn.
>>
>>33073420
this.

These rounds can be set off with a very low charge of static electricity.

Always made me nervous handling those rounds, but as long as you use gloves you're good.
>>
>>33073465
>You think a primer is that easy to set off?

Not him, but it's not just the primer, the entire casing is combustible. So touching the casing can set it off too with a small charge
>>
>>33073471
No they can't. There's not enough discharge to set them off like that.
>>
>>33073420
Those primers take over 1A to trigger.

Way more than you would generate with static, unless you're wearing a cumulonimbus cloud instead of a shirt.
>>
>>33073485
well, from 3 years of being a Tanker, they taught us that a small static charge can set it off, even on the casing.
>>
>>33073491
that's actually much lower than I had expected
>>
>>33073517
No, you would have to trigger the primer with enough of a discharge, which you won't achieve by rubbing your hands together. >>33073491
1 amp is correct like this anon already stated.
>>
>>33073517
And in the driest, most static-prone environments on earth, how often did these randomly blow up?
>>
A lot of ignorant comments in here. It's a fucking target practice round boys. This is fucking puca.
These rounds don't carry an EMR or static hazard so I don't get the guys saying a static build up is going to set it off.
>>
>>33073517
Not ragging on you, but sometimes the training isn't always accurate. They want to ensure people handle some things safely so they kind of go overboard with the horror stories about how finicky they are to get the attention of even the lowest mouth breather in the course.
>>
>>33073480
Tanks use caseless shells now??
>>
>>33073527
>>33073517
>>33073491
1 amp is enough to kill a human being

>static discharge worries alleviated
>>
Isn't that depleted uranium?
>>
>>33073646
Sure, but that depends on the path electricity takes through your body, the potential of the charge, whether it's AC or DC, etc.
>>
>>33073660
No, it's steel with an aluminum sabot.
>>
>>33073331
>remshit
>>
>>33073471
you're going to set them off first by dragging them across pavement before you set off the casing with static electricity...
>>
>>33073480
The casing is only combustible so that it's easier to eject. It itself is not the propellant.

>>33073636
No, it's an actual cartridge, it just burns too. Watch what comes out when the gun fires. Start at 1:50.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eETvj6bIpuA

>>33073660
It's blue which means training. Steel round.

>>33073604
The M256 (and Rheinmetall for that matter) fire using electricity. They technically do carry a static hazard, but as others are saying it takes 1A to set off... Not that I would even fuck around like that. It's like tapping the primer of a .50 with a nail while holding it in my bare hand.
>>
>>33073834
oh, bretty neat
>>
>>33073480
the casing is combustible, but not like that
it isn't made of nitrocellulose, it's made of zinc or some other shit metal that is only burned with the extreme heat of firing
>>
>>33073008
>filled with morons
>WTF

I'm missing something here, aren't I?
>>
>>33073008
>The Sumpter Township Police Department

So,they put it out next to the smoking area?
>>
>>33073008
Thats what you get for living in the shit part of MI.

t. Northen Michigander
>>
>>33073008
I bet their sphincter was clenched so tight it could cut a steel cable when they set that thing down on the primer end
>>
>>33077746
don't be mad that you live in a poor county.

t. Oakland County resident.
>>
>>33077789
mfw living in Traverse costs a fuckton compared to any of the out lying towns/villages.

Living in a nice area has its ups and downs. I have a crap ton of land, an awesome city and 2 bays. The sand dunes are 40 minuets away, but it costs a shit ton. Oh well, get what you pay for.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.