[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any skill in flying combat aircraft nowadays or is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 0mirage4p.jpg (207KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
0mirage4p.jpg
207KB, 1600x1067px
Is there any skill in flying combat aircraft nowadays or is it just having enough strenght to absorb the Gs and pushing some things on a keyboard ?
>>
>>33072094
>Is there any skill in flying combat aircraft nowadays
Yes it takes an enormous amount of skill and talent. Flying in real life is not like in the video games.
>is it just having enough strenght to absorb the Gs and pushing some things on a keyboard ?
No matter how strong you are, you will never feel strong enough to pull the hardest and longest G. Even Gym Junkies leave the pit exhausted.
>>
>>33072094
You seem to lack the basic knowledge about piloting jets senpai.
Please do some research before making shitty threads.
>>
>>33072094
Flying in a combat scenario is an incredible feat both physically and mentally. If I put you in a plane asked you to add 7 and 9 while you pulled even 3G, you wouldn't be able to do it.
>>
>>33072290
>Yes it takes an enormous amount of skill and talent. Flying in real life is not like in the video games.

If you have air superiority flying seems to involve flying in straight line your jet without taking into account any missile warning since your AWACS disables them anyway and you don't have to look for the target since the computer has it set for you.
If you don't have air superiority your planes will get wiped out before even taking off so no skill here for the pilot required desu senpai
>>
>>33072496
Are you 12 or something?
>>
>>33072496
I could probably write out a paragraph or two explaining in detail why what you wrote was retarded.
However it's just easier to tell you to kill yourself.
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1459844408409.jpg (17KB, 309x257px) Image search: [Google]
1459844408409.jpg
17KB, 309x257px
>>33072535
>>33072523
>>33072482
>>33072450
>>33072290
chair force pls
>>
>>33072094
Why do you think it takes 2 years of training to fly one?
>>
File: disdainful yuppie frog.png (29KB, 310x326px) Image search: [Google]
disdainful yuppie frog.png
29KB, 310x326px
>>33072685
>2 years

a masters in gender sci takes longer
>>
File: loopy.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
loopy.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>33072094
Learning to fly a single engine prop plane was already pretty hard for me to learn, I can't imagine the difficulty of learning to fly a military fighter jet with weaponry.
>>
>>33072482
To be fair I can't even do that now with out counting on my fingers btw army here
>>
>>33072482
I'm pretty sure the marines can't do math like that on land
>>
>>33072094
Are those JATOs, or that weird nitric acid-based rocket booster the french used on their mirages?
>>
>>33073264
I think it's JATO, what type of rockets did they use beside that ?
>>
>>33073304
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEPR_84

Shit's radical, yo.
>>
>>33072773
You realize that's two years of non-stop sorties and actual education, right?
>>
>>33072482
I'd agree for sure at 5+G, but 3G is just a good roller coaster or a steep turn! With a bit of practice anyone can do math at +3G! Except people who can't.
>>
>>33073046
Just remember that the jet comes with a lot of automation to help you out. It can usually at least fly in a straight line or a circle while you figure shit out.

Not that I've flown anything not a Skyhawk, though. Flew right seat in a BE40 for a maintenance run once, mostly checklists and switches you won't need unless something isn't working correctly.
>>
>>33073328
What if they used these on B52 ?
>>
>>33072094
Try playing BMS Falcon if you think controlling a modern warplane is easy.
>>
>>33072290
>Yes it takes an enormous amount of skill and talent. Flying in real life is not like in the video games.
Implying its that easy to be good at flying in a video game.
>>
>>33073596
Or maybe try a sim where the flight model isn't designed on a non-dynamic simulator base, so you're not on rails the whole time.
>>
>>33073616
this lol

there are plenty of easy flight games branded as simulators but go ahead and try to convince me that a true simulator is easy. there's a reason that real pilots use sims after retirement.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.