[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a Sub2k and an octane 9. I'm looking for a way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: flir_20170211T213947.jpg (294KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
flir_20170211T213947.jpg
294KB, 640x480px
So I have a Sub2k and an octane 9.

I'm looking for a way to mount the can to the picatinny rails when folded, with some sort of quick disconnect so I can pull it off quickly.

Best I've been able to figure so far is QD sling swivel mounts with the sling loops strapped to the can with paracord or something. It'd work, but that's way too loosey goosey for me.

Anyone have any better ideas?
>>
k pls
>>
>>33071989
A clip type thing that attaches to the rails?
>>
>>33072303
>sticky Velcro strips
>pouch strapped under handguard (I have a double mag pouch mounted like this)
>>
>>33072331
Basically. QD picatinny mounts are a dime a dozen but I need one with a big ol loop to stick the can into too. Something like a QD rail mount for D cell flashlights would be ideal.
>>33072350
That sounds very unreliable.
>>
>>33072420
Talk to a kydex guy
>>
>>33072448
Kydex is ezpz to use, that wouldn't solve the problem.
>>
>>33072420
>unreliable
The velcro? Yeah.
The mag pouch I have is this weird design that puts the mags parallel to the barrel. When the gun's folded, they're out of the way.

My suppressor came with a carry pouch, maybe I could scare something up.
>>
>>33072547
I've tried that with PS90 mag pouches, it's still too loose for my liking.
>>
>>33071989
Are there any scope rings that would be able to tighten around the can securely?
>>
>>33073701
That was one thought, but I don't know of any large enough. Can diameter is 1.37" and I've never seen rings larger than 1.
>>
>>33073717
On the same line of thought, if there was any sort of attachment that was sort of like a sideways cup, you could put one end of the suppressor in there and use one of those bungee tension scope covers to hold it in from the other side.
>>
>>33073750
While that'd work it'd also be too obtrusive when unfolded. Trying desperately to keep it streamlined and also not resort to hose clamp tier nigrigging.
>>
>>33071989
zip-tie a silencerco suppressor pouch to the bottom of the rails
open pouch, pull out suppressor, attach via 3-lug
>>
>>33073873
That's what I'm going for, only more solidly attached. Already got the trilug.
>>33073821
Yeah I'm seeing a couple 34 and 35mm rings but they're all around 200.
>>
QD sling mounts are the right idea, but paracord is the lazy way

get some wide as shit nylon webbing and use that instead
you might have to learn to sew, so call mom or grandma and ask for help

when you're done, you'll have learned a very useful skill and can repair your own cloths instead of throwing shit out
>>
>Leupold qr rings are perfect, but no picatinny mounts
>leupold qrw rings would work, but don't come in 34mm
Fug.
>>
Ordered some cheapie (or as cheap as they get anyway) 34mm QD rings. I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll be slightly too small even when loosened fully, probably gonna have to ream em.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.