[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I've just got a brilliant idea. What if we remove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: USS DDE.jpg (183KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
USS DDE.jpg
183KB, 780x585px
Guys, I've just got a brilliant idea.

What if we remove all the planes from an aircraft carrier and fill it with tanks and soldiers instead.

So, when you have to invade an enemy just park the thing on the shore, and use the steam catapult to rapidly deploy armored vehicles ?

The soldiers can slide from the side with ropes.

How come no one came up with this before ?
>>
>>33071934
it would run aground before it got close enough to launch tanks onto shore
>>
>>33071940
So give it a stronger catapult.
>>
>>33071934

>How come no one came up with this before ?

not so many people were dropped on their heads as babies
>>
>>33071934
Wait, what? This is so mindblowingly stup-
>catapult-launched MBTs
Fund it.
>>
>>33071934
Add a ramp too, so the tanks can get some sick air, and perform tricks.
>tank performs 360 no scope
>>
File: big mecha like big catapults.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
big mecha like big catapults.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>33071934
I have an even better idea, what if we launched giant mecha with backpacks strapped to them instead of MBTs!!!!! And we make the carrier a submarine!!!!
>>
File: 1453696118924.jpg (195KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
1453696118924.jpg
195KB, 553x936px
>>33072033
Or put detachable rockets onto the tanks so they can get enough speed, and maybe put skis on the treads as well for maximum sanics
>>
File: assault ship.jpg (320KB, 1032x668px) Image search: [Google]
assault ship.jpg
320KB, 1032x668px
>>33071934
You mean like an amphibious assault ship?
>inb4 falling for bait
>>
>>33071934
>, and use the steam catapult to rapidly deploy armored vehicles ?

Jesus.

>How come no one came up with this before ?

Because it's fucking stupid. That's why.
>>
>>33071934
Holy Shit, what are you,12? Or are you just retarded?
>>
>>33071934
So like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J48cfZxCOoQ
>>
>>33074483
Its called a "No Load Program", the sleds are different weights to simulate different aircraft. Saw it done in person in the late 80's as an Aviation Boatswains Mate- Equipment (Catapults and Arresting Gear), on the USS Ranger. We upgraded the launch valve on our C- 7/11steam cats so we had to do a complete no program for both of the waist cats. Tied up at North Island (Coronado) in San Diego, they just pointed us out into the bay a little and created a safety zone and we shot them into San Diego Bay, pretty fun to watch amd most of the work was done by the contractors.
>>
>>33071934
>2024
>US Navy's new "autists in command" special ed program
>sitting inna Abrams on the deck of an aircraft carrier
>wondered to myself why there's no planes and what we're doing here but who am i to question orders right?
>carrier is sitting off the coast of North Korea
>assuming we'll be loading the tanks onto landing craft, but surely this would be done below de
>JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
>pinned to seat as tank accelerates to mach 9001
>flick on the cameras, tank is fucking airborne and hurtling towards Pyongyang
>overshoot entire country, land in the sea and drown
>catch a glimpse of tanks, containers and personnel flying through the sky to their deaths before succumbing to the waters
>>
nigga how high are ya?
>>
>>33072956
>and use the steam catapult to rapidly deploy armored vehicles
>steam catapult
>>
>>33071934
My freaking sides
>>
>>33072033

Why not just make the tanks lighter and give them the ability to fly off the deck?
>>
>>33071934
Could use the catapult and a poverty ramp to fling glider kit equipped tanks and APCs...
>>
File: Mil Mi-12.jpg (204KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Mil Mi-12.jpg
204KB, 1280x853px
>>33081478
yeah! we could have like these flying APCs too!
>>
>>33072033
extending ramps work too
>>
>>33081918
Extend the ramp to shore!
>>
>>33071934
Becose That worked so wel on gallipoli what makes you think that the wont mine the shore?
>>
>>33079033
>Implying they wouldn't deploy drag chutes and fire straight down to slow descent
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.