[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people in the military, and other gun people plaster this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 19

Why do people in the military, and other gun people plaster this cringy edgelord logo on everything they own?
Is it considered cool?
>>
>>33070920
Its hip and ironic
>t.millenial
>>
>>33070920
I immediately lose respect for anyone I see sporting that shit
>>
>>33070920
Because when you're 20 you think it makes you look like a bad ass. Hell, you probably do something similar OP, because I'll guarantee you're not over 22.
>>
>>33070938
No, i'm a puristfag and i won't even change the furniture on my guns because they have to be as they came originally
>>
>>33070920
>is it considered cool?
Yeah to some

>off-duty
>cop bro invites me to watch game at twin peaks with guys from a different dept.
>wear cap with punisher patch on it
>cop bro looks at it and makes the joke "lol, you trying to be a vigilante or something?"
>I say, "if I did, you'd be out of a job"
>we both laugh and talk about how we'd have made the movies better

Most cops I work with either like him or understand the premise of what he is. Kind of like an "if only" idea.
>>
Why do fat little videogame dorks on message boards give a shit what other people do?
>>
>>33071087
>owning a velcro hat and putting a punisher patch on it to watch a game with cops

Kill yourself famalam.
>>
>>33071107
Because any discussion pertaining to any element of the human experience will inevitably pivot around the actions of humans, or would you rather talk about the patches used by edgy trees and the guns used by prepper otters?
>>
>>33071116
>kill yourself famalam

You first ding dong
>>
If you do anything in normal society that reveals your powerlevel, you should probably kill yourself.
>milsurp
>punisher anything
>"tactical" gear
Etc.. if you can't blend in and conform with normal society, kys. You sperglord motherfuckers make gun owners look bad. Contain your autism until you're in the privacy of your own home.
>>
i see a lot of fat middle age guys with punisher logos on stuff, not just at the range but window decals on trucks and t-shirts at restaurants and so on. they're not about to punish anything but its nice to know some people still appreciate non-state solutions for getting even.
>>
>>33071252
What about struttin' around town with my fresh new issued uniform?
>>
>>33071252
nice try, everytown.
>>
>>33070920

>MUH CHRIS KYLE
>>
>>33071264
You may want to re-read your uniform regs.
>>
>>33071275
How does anything I said have anything to do with everytown??
>>
>>33071252
t. Painfully self-conscious teenager
>>
>>33070920
>>33071252
Have you edge lords ever considered that some people simply enjoy the comic books?
If a person has a job and the money to support their hobby, then more power to them.
>>
>>33071292
>thinking he was the first to use it
we had guys in OIF I and II using it
>>
I really like the Punisher Skull.
Do I have it on any of my stuff? No. If people want to put logos or symbols on their stuff that isn't obscene, it is none of your concern.
Personally I like the skull itself, even if it wasn't related to the Punisher. One concern I have is how it might be perceived if I was openly sporting the skull and was involved in a defensive shooting.

Coincidentally, I saw a guy with a huge punisher skull on the hood of his car last night.
>>
>>33071313
Sarge said we could
>>
>>33071087
>wearing a velcro hat to go hang out with some cops
Literal autism, I'd snatch that shit off your head if I met you IRL famlam just to save you the embarrassement.
>>
>>33071433
But its a comic book??????
Liking comics is cringy?????
>>
>>33071107
Because they dream of being involved irl
>>
>>
>>33071488
>>33071116

You guys realize I'm a cop, right? I just work for a different department t from them.
>>
>>33071500
Some people on /k/ believe anything they don't like is cringey.
>>
I'm thinking about getting the one with the blue line to avoid getting pulled over, but will it work is this question
>>
File: FretsClose-1.jpg (104KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FretsClose-1.jpg
104KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>33071710
There used to be a suped up Nissan near my apartment that had like 5 blue line stickers. Maybe he thought the more you had the less likely you were of being stopped.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33070920
My football team defense used as our skull for one year
>>
>>33071257
Gonna punish that pussy if you know what I mean!
>>
>>33071129
I'll talk about the tactical salt I have stockpiled in 55 gallon drums, for when the banana slugs decide to slimeout.

I can guarantee that post-shtf currency is going to be metaldehyde.
>>
>>33071252

I live in Arizona, so milsurp, punisher merchandise and tactical gear *is* blending in to normal society here.
>>
>>33071292
the punisher has been a character since the fucking 60's, you can find that design on vietnam zippos
>>
>>33071639
>implying Castle wouldn't use a 1911
>>
>>33071710
maybe in a non commie state, now I just always get asked how many weapons are in the car every time I get pulled over

not if

how many
>>
>>33071817
You played for fucking Nebraska?
>>
>>33072065
Do commie cops really exist?

I thought even California and Portland PD cops were based
>>
>>33072088
live in MA, most are based but yea, there are fucking commie cops exist in large numbers
>>
>>33072088
I've known a couple of cops who were liberals and they ended up quitting after a few years. Now they constantly post antiTrump/ Occupy Democrats memes on FB. Police culture is very insular and resistant to people who don't think the same way. Which in this case is good because most cops seem to be pro-funs (at least in regards to friends and family) but it's shitty because if this culture ever changes then expect them to force all new officers to follow the same line of thinking.
>>
>>33072073
No. It was my high school in Texas
>>
>>33071488
No you wouldn't. You'd just make snarky little comments on the internet, probably using the phrase "so cringe" at least 4 times while doing so.
>>
>>33070920
it makes them feel badass and kewl even though the look like giant fucking cock smokers while doing so
>>
>>33072029
In the 60s comics were fag shit for kids and manchildren.
The whole "it's socially acceptable for adults to like comic books" is very much a post-2000 thing.
>>
>>33071647
it's just kids trying to be edgy, so pay them no mind. But not gonna lie, wearing punisher shit in public is cringey as fuck
>>
>>33071252
>Autist
>Your own home

Implying I don't live with my friend's mom.
>>
File: 200w-1.gif (647KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
200w-1.gif
647KB, 200x150px
>Up in northern Montana visiting my girlfriend's dad for Thanksgiving
>Go to grocery store
>See what are clearly /k/ommandos (slightly overweight, visibly uncomfortable in the world, bad facial hair)
>They're dressed up for duck hunting
>Their commercial foliage camo has velcro punisher patches
>mfw
>>
>>33071374

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 515pcP1BrZL._SL1000_2048x2048.jpg (57KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
515pcP1BrZL._SL1000_2048x2048.jpg
57KB, 500x336px
why use the punisher skull when you could be a brother of steel?
>>
>>33072577
or Better yet your own Logo.
>>
>>33072667
But that takes time and money, who could be bothered
>>
File: patch.jpg (11KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
patch.jpg
11KB, 400x266px
>>33072667
or this
>>
>>33072731
someone with time and money obviously.
>>
>>33072752
Not bad.
>>
>>33072577
>>33072667
>not reppin the Enclave

You fucking subhuman wastelanders wouldnt know style if it nuked you three ways from Sunday.
>>
>>33072801
>literally defeated by a man and his dog
>>
File: 1487649212878.png (12KB, 185x164px) Image search: [Google]
1487649212878.png
12KB, 185x164px
>>33072824
>Not defeating the Enclave with a tribal with a power sledge, a super mutant with a modified plasma caster, the guy who invented jet, an intelligent deathclaw, and a bartender with a pulse rifle
Fallout 3 fags need to step up
>>
>>33072865
>not using the small remnants of the enclave to fuck the legion in the ass even harder
fuck top down rpg's.
fallout 3 did kinda suck though, new vegas is the best out of all of them.
>>
>>33072425
and we're talking about people in the 70's that are barely 18 being drafted into war, the military then was even younger in general than it is now

so you're not disproving my point
>>
File: 1485815618070.gif (571KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485815618070.gif
571KB, 250x200px
>>33071252
>wear czech m60 ruck in public
>hipsters always ask me where I got it because it's "vintage" looking
>"Oh it's just some Czechoslovakian army pack, I got it from one of those douchy military surplus sights because it was cheap and I like the look"

Fite me.
>>
>>33070920
people like the punisher, either the character himself or the idea, and therefore, put his symbol on their shit.
it's really no different from putting a team sticker or logo on something, just a different message.
don't be that guy who shits on everyone for liking something. even the brass goblins hate you fuckers.
>>
>>33072909
I heard a rumor that Obsidian is making a new Fallout game
>>
>>33073083
Show me a Vietnam-era Punisher lighter anon. And show me proof that the person using it wasn't considered a complete faggot by the people he served with.

Because even if there were Nam vets repping Frank Castle I highly doubt it was the way it is now with SOF psychopaths wearing it and wannabes also putting it on because "muh Chris Kyle."

You think Carlos Hathcock gave a flying fuck about the Punisher? You think his reaction to that skull would be anything other than a polite "Cool story kid."?

Even in the fucking 90s adult men liking comic books was pretty goddamn fringe. The idea of badass trained killers wearing the logo of a super hero and other people not only recognizing it but not thinking it's the stupidest thing they've ever seen is VERY much a recent development.
>>
>>33073180
Read up on how Bethesda deliberately fucked Obsidian over with FNV.
I'm not saying it won't happen, and god knows I'd LOVE another non-Bethesda Fallout, but Obsidian would have to be idiots to work with Bethesda again.

Also Chris Avellone doesn't work at Obsidian anymore so a new Obsidian Fallout would likely be missing a key ingredient from the whole "OG creator working on their baby" magic that FNV had.

Take the message of the game to heart and let it go.
>>
>>33073184
>moving the goalposts already
>>
>>33073333
I'm not moving the goalposts at all.
>OP asked why people put the Punisher skull on "OPER8OR" gear.
>Someone credited Chris Kyle, a famous SEAL sniper who was known to do that, and is emblematic of a trend with people who idolize special forces to put the skull on their gear
>You responded with "nah they were doing that in Vietnam"
>To which I responded "maybe but they were probably considered total spergs if they did"
To which YOU replied "nah they were kids so they totally did it"
>To which I replied "even if this was true it doesn't change the fact that it would've been considered a completely autistic thing to do rather than the socially-acceptable 'badass' signifier it's taken on in certain communities today."
Show me where the goalposts moved anon.

The mainstream cultural acceptability of comic books was not a thing in the 60s and 70s. The kind of dudes that become SEALS didn't fucking read comics past the age of 13 back then. I'm not shaming anybody here I'm just acknowledging the reality that cultural norms have changed and the fact that the Punisher existed in the 60s is by no means an indicator that his symbol occupied the same position in the zeitgeist a half-century ago that it does currently.
>>
File: frankbullseye.jpg (155KB, 454x700px) Image search: [Google]
frankbullseye.jpg
155KB, 454x700px
>>33070920
Frank is cool, people wanna be cool like frank.

Not everyone is as cool as frank.
>>
>>33070920
Because putting a batman symbol on a firearm would be sacrilegious. You have to settle for a punisher logo instead
>>
>>33071671
Basically sums up 90% of /k/
>>
>>33072909
>fuck top down RPGs
better than the half assed FPS-RPG garbage that are being shoveled out these days

Baldur's Gate and the original Fallout games still hold up and are still some of the best RPGs ever made
>>
>>33070920
I had it plastered on some of my shit in the 90's and it was cool. I'm cool. The masses ruin everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (201KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201KB, 792x792px
>>33071500
Well, yes.
>>
>>33070920
Theirs a aesthetic geometric answer to this why this logo lasted longer than other designs.

It follows basic design principles really
>>
>>33073184
Frank Castle's first appearance was February 1974, six months after the end of direct US involvement.

And you've got it backwards, the idea of adults not supposed to like comic books is very much a modern trend. While its genesis can be traced back to the CCA and later the fall of anthology titles in the late 70s, its actual rise wasn't until the comic market crash of the 90s and the death of numerous independent publishers and the avant-garde comix scene that left the Big 2 as the only real players around. Even then as far back as the Silver Age both Marvel and DC were courting the 20-something market.

TL;DR: Punisher post-dates US involvement in Vietnam, and "comics are for kids" is a meme brought about by a moral panic in the 40s and the fallout of a speculator bubble fifty years later.
>>
>>33074927
>after the end of direct US involvement

I'd like to point out that the last combat action of the Vietnam War was the Mayaguez Incident in 1975.
>>
>>33074952
Punisher would have had four appearances at that time.
>>
>>33070920
>not liking the punisher.

What's it like being a colossal faggot?
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 400x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 400x612px
>tfw I was known to bust out a watch cap with the misfits skull on it while on duty
>>
File: 1458188321262.jpg (271KB, 916x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1458188321262.jpg
271KB, 916x1280px
>>33075339
second hand cringe just thinking about it.
>>
>>33075354
If I wasnt killing people with lead at least I was slaying them in the fashion stakes
>>
>>33075087
Today I saw a man wearing a shirt with a picture of an AR on it and the slogan Enemy of the State with the "o" being the Punisher skull. He was also wearing a baseball cap with the Punisher skull flanked by Molon Labe. The pistol he was carrying had a Punisher skull on the grip. His truck had two Punisher skull decals on the back windows and 3% bumper sticker featuring, you guessed it, the Punisher skull. Faggotry is a matter of actions taken, not whether or not you like a character.
>>
The 3.11 48 hour assault pack is the only way to transport your lunch box and YiGiOh cards
>>
>in the military
>get issued lots and lots of gear
>most of it is useful in everyday life
>decide to save money and just use that stuff instead
>some sweaty obese guy with a foreign military jacket and obscure patch with an anime girls waddles toward me
>HUHUHUHU YOU CAN'T WEAR THAT, FUCKING LOSER
>what the fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (210KB, 802x1020px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 802x1020px
>>33075777
Nothing wrong with using your issued kit. I still wear my issued boots everyday because my job requires a boot and they are comfortable. I'd probably leave my plate carrier at home most days though...
>>
>>33072160
>every ex-cop I've ever talked to says the same thing. It really reinforces the badge bearing frat boy stereotype, which is a shame.
>>
>>33075851
I don't wear my sage green boots anymore because I got some sweet boots from LL Bean, but I'm talking about shit like waffle tops and backpacks.
>>
>>33073180
I fucking hope not. Obsidian isn't what it it once was, and the other end of that gave us wasteland and wasteland 2. Which are pretty tepid
>>
>>33071647
Mah nigga.

Floridacopfag reporting in.
>>
>>33070920
It's only acceptable if you modify a pair of colts to be just like the Punisher's pistols.
>>
>>33075851
god I want to fuck a red pill into this dumb bitch

though I guess if she keeps going around "refugees" some syrian will do it instead...lucky sandnigger
>>
>>33070920
to be fair, our best & brightest dont join the military.
>>
Because the punisher is bad ass
>>
>>33075339
ok which is less cringy - misfits skull shirt or venture bros. skull shirt?
>>
>>33074306
>Baldur's gate
Kys
>>
>>33076068
Yeah I get it, I dont do it, but I get it.

Closest I come is using my pack and some of the survival gear for hiking. I dont even have any pics from when I was in hanging up.
>>
>>33076749
Depends on context. Black tie event or yachting with freinds?
>>
>>33072577
Yeah lemme just go lick a metal boot. Fuck you faggot the wasteland is free
>>
>>33076650
Who is she and has her to do with rapefugees?
>>
>>33076666
Actually satan, they do. Just usually not the infantry, and the ones that do climb the ranks and shut the fuck up about it.
It's the best way to become an astronaut
>>
>>33075777
Don't be such a cheap ass and buy something that doesn't let everyone know you're in the military. Nothing more cringey then privates walking around wearing issue gear.
>>
>>33075777
His tax dollars paid for your clothes. How does it feel to be a welfare nigger criticizing someone who bought their own clothes?
>>
>>33073228
But without Avellone we will not have BEARBULLBEARBULLBEARBULLSHIT he is not a writer that I trust without having other tone him down and parts written buy someone else.
>>
>>33070920
I always thought that was the Phantom symbol
>>
>>33070920
It IS cool, you ignorant fuck, you're just an apologist who wants to separate yourself from people who actually voice their opinion. You don't want to be a "Second Amendment Supporter" or "NRA guy" so you avoid certain things to pretend you're more acceptably "moderate" because you don't have any fucking balls.

Same with the crowd who has decided "Molon Labe" is "cringey." Fuck you shitheads, it represents a strong philosophy that says I'm not giving up my guns to the assholes who might try to take them.

It's a line in the sand, and a representation that we are neither liberal anti-gunners nor statist "hurr durr, the law will take care of everything, only cops should have guns" types.

Those of you who make fun of Punisher skulls, the NRA, Molon Labe, or pro-Second Amendment phrases are just yuppies who happen to like to shoot now and then. You're scared of being classed with preppers, "gun nuts" or the open carry crowd.

But you know what? You're useful idiots, I'll give you that. Far better that you make gun ownership so mainstream that those of us who actually live it, breathe it, and fight for it are not necessary, so have at it. But don't speak for me when you inevitably start caving in to "common sense" gun control and watch as liberals chip away at gun ownership rights a little at a time. You aren't warriors or supporters, you're just mild fanboys.

That said, I don't have Punisher logo stuff on any of my guns. The only reason is that if I have to shoot a half a dozen dindus at some point, I don't want some random cop or DA to have an easy path to proving me the vigilante that I am to a half-wit, milquetoast jury.
>>
>>33071488
No you fucking wouldn't you neckbeard shitstain
>>
>>33072088
I live in a red region in Commiefornia

Can confirm that the cops here are bro as fuck.
>>
File: REMOVE_rough_draft.png (172KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE_rough_draft.png
172KB, 1500x1500px
>>33070920
>not plastering the 50 blessings logo on everything
>>
File: d6a.jpg (61KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
d6a.jpg
61KB, 500x329px
>>33080049
>[big spiel about how acting like a sperg who can't differentiate between fantasy and reality is not only totally fine but is actually good for the cause of gun rights]
>That said, I don't have Punisher logo stuff on any of my guns.
>>
File: 1487573969355.jpg (58KB, 924x752px) Image search: [Google]
1487573969355.jpg
58KB, 924x752px
>>33071129
>Rather talk about the guns used by prepper otters
Yes actually, that sounds hilarious
>>
>>33080049
Gonna be real honest, dude, unless you're actually gonna walk the walk it can make you look silly to talk the talk.

That's not anyone saying that punisher comics arent cool or that you should fight for your right to guns but if you're going to act all srs business about it it's going to look dumb if you're fat or antisocial.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.