[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here decide not to go to therapy or take drugs because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13

File: fv jhbknm.jpg (7KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
fv jhbknm.jpg
7KB, 250x211px
Anyone here decide not to go to therapy or take drugs because they're afraid they'll end up getting they're guns talen away?
>>
File: 1467687541564.gif (974KB, 285x171px) Image search: [Google]
1467687541564.gif
974KB, 285x171px
>>33070911
brah, seriously.... go to therapy. This is America, they can't take your guns just because you're mentally unfit and a potential danger to yourself or others.
>>
>>33070911

Yep.

Rather have crippling depression that can be eased with owning lots of guns than be diagnosed as depressive and have my firearms confiscated.

Shall not be infringed
>>
File: macrocutting.jpg (100KB, 436x750px) Image search: [Google]
macrocutting.jpg
100KB, 436x750px
>>33070911
>This is America, they can't take your guns just because you're mentally unfit and a potential danger to yourself or others.

oh yes they can, and do

stay away from shrinks if you like ur guns
>>
>>33070911
What do I have to worry about? I'm in the military, all i'll ever get prescribed is Motrin and to change my socks.
>>
>>33070911
Please anon get help if you need it. Even if it's just reaching out to an online community or friends. Every little bit helps. If it's so extreme that you think you'll be disarmed, just dont mention that you own firearms lol. Unless you intend to harm yourself or others obviously.

There are anonymous hotlines you can call to talk to someone and a million chat websites that aren't full of trolls who will belittle or be mean to you.

one eight hundred 273-82five5 suicide prevention hotline.

My advice to you is if you do active things and try to put yourself into a more active life style things will fall into place. Worked for me.

Hang in there anon.
>>
>>33070911
you have to be involuntarily committed.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download
>>
>>33070911
That's not how your guns get taken, pham. You only get our guns taken if your involuntarily committed to a psychiatric institution.
>>
for fucks sake
you have to be INVOLUNTARILY COMMITTED to get your guns taken away

going on for depression or anxiety wont do it
just fucking go in and get help so that you never get bad enough to be committed
>>
I know that feel, I need to go to grief counseling but I'm afraid it'll be on my record or something. Just been drinking instead.
>>
File: 1410049789352.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1410049789352.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33070952
>There are anonymous hotlines you can call to talk to someone and a million chat websites that aren't full of trolls who will belittle or be mean to you.

fag
>>
Crazy isn't treatable or curable nor does it ever get better for good.

Sell guns. An hero by other method so 2A opponents don't benefit.
>>
>>33070911
>>33070941
>>33070952
No. Because I actually know the law. >>33070959

>>33070924
If you keep that shit bottled up, eventually you'll be committed against your will, and then you'll really never be able to buy another fun.
>>
>>33070959
>you have to be involuntarily committed.
>>33070968
>That's not how your guns get taken, pham. You only get our guns taken if your involuntarily committed to a psychiatric institution.

not true, a common misconception

if you talk about harming yourself or others you can get them taken away

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2013/03/12/calif-gun-owner-who-says-she-admitted-herself-to-mental-hospital-for-medication-adjustment-has-guns-confiscated/
>>
Banking on military service to fix my behavioral and personality problems, just waiting for the next surge to kick off so I can get a waiver for my arrest when I was 15. I don't need pills making my job harder on that front. As long as I can pretend to be well adjusted, never mention my old Adderall prescription, and ask nicely, I think I can make it. I just need China to kick something off or a Syrian intervention with a high demand for boots.
>>
>>33070984
>Woman with anxiety

Shut the fuck up and go pretend somewhere else. The "Boo hoo i have anxiety" bullshit is garbage.
>>
>>33070974
>you have to be INVOLUNTARILY COMMITTED to get your guns taken away

nope

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/guns_confiscated_from_about_20_people_in_cny_too_mentally_unstable_to_have_weapo.html
>>
File: 1356473918463.jpg (160KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1356473918463.jpg
160KB, 960x1280px
>>33071005
>Shut the fuck up and go pretend somewhere else. The "Boo hoo i have anxiety" bullshit is garbage.

>not getting what that bracelet means

it's like you don't even traps
>>
>Get committed INvoluntarily
>Noone even asks when I get a hunting license
Say about germany what you will...
>>
>>33071012
>Faggot with anxiety

My statement stands.
>>
>>33071023

he's not a faggot, he's a woman
>>
>>33070941
Sarcasm. Look it up in the dictionary.
>>
File: 1356652935670.gif (462KB, 266x175px) Image search: [Google]
1356652935670.gif
462KB, 266x175px
>>33070996
>Crazy isn't treatable or curable nor does it ever get better for good.

this
>>
>>33071030
Sure he is.
>>
>>33071003
Syria is on the surge of kicking off, so perhaps you won't have to wait too long.
>>
>>33071001
>If you keep that shit bottled up, eventually you'll be committed against your will, and then you'll really never be able to buy another fun.
Not them but I CC, let them try to do anything against my will. I don't know, trust, or agree with anything someone tries to do to or with me against my will. I consider this life-threatening even if the state does not.
Moldy labia.
>>
File: hehehe.jpg (84KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.jpg
84KB, 350x350px
>>33071030
>he's a woman
>>
>>33071067
>Not them but I CC, let them try to do anything against my will. I don't know, trust, or agree with anything someone tries to do to or with me against my will. I consider this life-threatening even if the state does not.
>Moldy labia

lol that would work out well for you lol
>>
>>33071030
Oh boy...
>>
>>33070941
holy fuck dude tell me that's makeup
>>
>>33070911
Yes actually
>>
>>33071110

http://needlesmorningstar.tumblr.com/post/56543976817/coldnessinmyheart-what-happens-now-this
>>
>>33070911
>2017
>letting my brain become another victim of pill-pushing imbeciles with a PhD in pseudoscience.

Not after seeing what the drugs they push have done to my friends.

~60% of bio studies can't be reproduced.
>>
I just Checked the 4473, i thougt it was any drugs percribed or not but it's only unperscribed. Still how likely am i to be committed for just average depression and ocd?
>>
>>33071323
>I just Checked the 4473, i thougt it was any drugs percribed or not but it's only unperscribed. Still how likely am i to be committed for just average depression and ocd?

it's not the 4473 that can get you banned

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/guns_confiscated_from_about_20_people_in_cny_too_mentally_unstable_to_have_weapo.html
>>
>>33071326

I live in CA and honestly wouldn't be surprised of they did that?
>>
>>33070911
yes. I live in NY and the SAFE Act requires doctors to report any mental helth diagnoses.

A man who went to our gun club had his guns confiscated because his doc diagnosed him depressed and gave him light meds after his fucking son died.

I'm depressed too, but shooting is a huge support system and coping mechanism. Fuck NY
>>
>>33071136
>http://needlesmorningstar.tumblr.com/post/56543976817/coldnessinmyheart-what-happens-now-this
all the xy liked this under the pics, srsly what's wrong with people
>>
>>33071002
California

>>33071008
New York

Location matters.
>>
>>33071366
Mess like this happens cuz you give legislation to every state
>>
>>33071366
exactly, so spouting title 18 § 922(g)(1) and form 4473 for the feds doesnt mean much
>>
>>33071396
>mess
sure it gets confusing when you compare 1 state to another and then add the redundancy and convoluted federal laws.

but its a good thing. It means if you dont like CA law you can just move.

also, how do the feds get away with passing so many laws? I thought the Constitution delegated their power and that if its not included, its up to the states...
>>
File: 1449579981071.jpg (928KB, 3515x2482px) Image search: [Google]
1449579981071.jpg
928KB, 3515x2482px
>>33071020
Then keep quiet about that shit, kamerad.

Should they ever have a suspicion they will thoroughly screen your background and that's when they typically find this shit. Depending on the circumstances and the authorities involved it will either be overlooked or you'll be shitcanned hard.
Should I ever seek treatment for my problems I can surely kiss my Zuverlässigkeit goodbye. And with it my collection, licenses and my job (gunsmith)
>>
File: makymak.jpg (82KB, 553x369px) Image search: [Google]
makymak.jpg
82KB, 553x369px
>>33071461
>also, how do the feds get away with passing so many laws?

there are not very many federal gun laws and there are decades in between their passage

the 4473 check is an agreement between states not a federal law, every state signed up for it, janet reno talked them into it
>>
>>33071412
yeah but literally only 3 states if that have a provision that allows for confiscating the guns of a 'crazy' person, you generally don't have to worry about it if you don't live in a shithole state because it just isn't the law in most of the country
>>
I'm fucking crazy. I keep trying to shoot myself but my gun safety training prevents me from putting my finger on the trigger or pointing it at myself. It just doesn't work. Really annoying.

Anyway OP I got diagnosed with depression and anxiety and ADD. I can still buy guns and I still have mine. I'll be seeing a Psychiatrist and psychotherapist and counselor. I'm in Texas. Just dont ever say you're going to commit suicide. Or hurt someone. They'll call the police. Say you have thoughts about it. They really can't just raid your home and take your property that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 500x495px
/noguns/ here

I have taken ADHD medication since i was 15 (21) now

Will this be a problem trying to buy a firearm?
>>
>>33070911
I checked into the VA a couple years ago, when they gave me my stuff back, they had gone through my wallet and taken out my concealed carry permit. I'm still waiting on the fallout.
>>
File: 02f.jpg (78KB, 652x520px) Image search: [Google]
02f.jpg
78KB, 652x520px
>>33071030
>he's a woman
>>
>>33070947
Drink water and take a knee>>33070952
>>
>>33071323
>Still how likely am i to be committed for just average depression and ocd?
Not at all unless you're about to an hero
>>
>>33071345
For fucks sake, ok noted to get treatment in another state if I ever need it
>>
>>33070919
Note: Do not follow this advice in NY because they can do so, and medical professionals are legally required to report you.
>>
>>33071345
SAFE only kicks in if the doctor thinks the patient is a danger to himself or others, it's not blanket reporting.
>>
>>33071716
The VA giving vets another chance to get fucked by their government
>>
>>33071693
No you're fine.

Unless you're considered an immediate danger to yourself or others, or are adjudicated as mentally incompetent in court, you're fine.
>>
>>33071863
As a NY resident and former mental health worker it may as well be blanket. All but one of the docs were hardcore sjw may be different on the private side but beware state hospitals re freedom
>>
>be me
>live in non-commie midwest state
>have breddy bad anxiety and depression/bipolar disorder
>see psych every 3 months
>prescribed lithium/klonopin/seroquel
>never committed
>pass 4473 erry time no problem

Get help OP.
>>
>>33071898
Thank you anon :)
>>
>>33071003

military taught me social skills and turned me away from the edge of being a basement dwelling neet autist. Made me more depressed though.
>>
>>33071175
then go to therapy and say that you only want to consider non-pharmaceutical treatment

take charge of your own treatment
>>
>>33071323
depression and OCD?
you're not getting committed for depression unless you're a suicide risk
you're not getting committed for OCD unless it is insanely severe such that you cannot function, and if you are committed, it's very unlikely to be involuntarily
you can only really get involuntarily committed if you pose a risk to yourself or others, or are so incapacitated by your illness that you cannot make decisions for yourself
>>
>>33071863
>SAFE only kicks in if the doctor thinks the patient is a danger to himself or others

So, always?
>>
I went to threapy guns still here, was kinda hard to talk to her bout my problems cuz she was hot af. Wanted to choke her and fuck her in the ass.
>>
File: 0CDH1NQ.png (433KB, 805x668px) Image search: [Google]
0CDH1NQ.png
433KB, 805x668px
You do realize that they can only take your guns away unless you are involuntarily committed right?

went to therapy, on medication, has guns. don't be a fucking sheep and do your own research.
>>
Can they do anything if you get diagnosed with the 'tisms.

I live in MA.

I'm 99% sure I'm on the spectrum. But I don't want the state to fuck me.
>>
>>33075357
Examples of why u think u have it?
>>
Have depression/anxiety/ocd. Talked about hurting self to ex. I ended up talking to a police officer and since I told him I shot as a hobby he didn't pursue confiscation. Had I hidden it from him it would have been worse.(he'd been told I have guns previous ly). Anyway, get the help you need now. It's important.
>>
Yup, I'm in NJ so I don't want the Gestapo breaking down my door and shooting my dog. I'm able to handle most of my issues with dark humor and talking to good friends and I don't really get as bad as I used to a few years ago.
>>
>>33071863
>>33071900
>>33074731

Part of my OCD is recurring thoughts that im going to fuck up and drop something or toss something that's going to fucking maime my cat or dog. Never actually done anything like that and i can deal with it but really don't want to. Looks like I'll have to keep dealing with it if I want my guns
>>
>>33070984
Trans? What girl takes androcur and estrofem at that age
>>
>>33071002

>California

We're discussing America ITT.
>>
>>33071012
Traps are legitimately mentally ill and are lucky that eugenics is no longer practiced in the US.
>>
>>33071489
>You will never nut inside this trashy little lithe bimbo
>>
>>33071175
>statistic
>no proofs
Clearly you are a homeosexual
>>
I was a raging heroin, meth, and speed addict. I decided to go to treatment because If I didn't I would've either done some crazy shit or put a bullet in my head. 8 months sober today and I live in California now so FML.
>>
>>33070911
Medical marijuana card invalidates your gun permit in my state.

I'd really like a medical marijuana card.
>>
File: Ulysses_Flag_emblem 1.png (139KB, 200x401px) Image search: [Google]
Ulysses_Flag_emblem 1.png
139KB, 200x401px
>>33071002
former crisis worker here. Typically guns are only stripped if you are deemed a threat to yourself or others, in which case you are involuntarily committed to a psych ward; unless you go willingly.

I always stressed to my clients that it is in their best interest to go into the hospital voluntarily as they will not have their rights stripped from them and it typically results in a shorter hospital stay.

Idk how it is in some shitty liberal states, but there needs to be an actual involuntary admission in order to lose your guns. And really the only reason that happens is because the person is stubborn, stupid, or severely mentally ill.

I'm glad I no longer do the job because after awhile I realized the majority of people had no intention of killing themselves, they just wanted attention or were emotionally retarded and couldn't express themselves like an adult would. Due to this, I was starting to wish that people would actually just kill themselves rather than call the crisis line.

I always wondered what would happen if I met one of these suicidal people and just showed up with a gun threatening to kill them. I wonder how many people would suddenly gain the will to live again.

Maybe I need my guns taken from me, lol
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.