/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i often see military folks bitch about how the DS in movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

File: ds.jpg (12KB, 252x195px) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
12KB, 252x195px
So i often see military folks bitch about how the DS in movies is comically wrong.
Is this true? What are the DS like in real life?
>>
>>33069318
Equal parts your mum, your dad and Satan.
>>
>>33069318
>DS
Post picture of a DI

OPs pic from FMJ is probably the best representation of DIs though. Minus the physical abuse part as they are not going to punch you and choke you like Gunny does. That movie actually makes boot look easy.
>>
>>33069481
DI = army
DS = marines
?
>>
>>33069318
My grandfather said that the DS in full metal jacket was exactly like his in veitnam. I think it just depends on who you get
>>
>>33069318
My father (Panama vet) confirms R. Lee Ermie's representation is the most accurate he's probably seen in film. And like what this guy said>>33069466, but he noted that the shit's funny until it happens to you.
>>
>>33069481
The choking part is always my favorite.
>>
>>33069953
I bet it is you dirty faggot
>>
>>33069959
For the keks nigger, the poor bastard just leans right into his hand and the choking commences. Outstanding creativity right there.
>>
>>33069318

>be me, first day of rifle training 0311
>20" M16A4 with Irons + VFG right next to magwell
>move VFG toward end of RIS, put thumb on left side, use it as index point
>just finishing up a magazine
>fucking E4 female TI immediately screams in my fucking ear
>WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING WITH YOUR HAND ALL THE WAY OUT THERE LIKE A MONKEY YOU FUCKING SHITBIRD GRAB YOUR FUCKING MAGWELL LIKE ITS YOUR DADDYS DICK
>areyoufuckingme.jpg
>"ma'am, I've been getting some good groups using this gri-"
>SHUT THE FUCK UP BOOT I SAID GRAB THE GODDAMN MAGWELL LIKE YOU WERE TRAINED
>high pitch shrieking female voice
>grab rifle by magwell
>20 inch barrel
>group widens a lot
>score significantly lower than I would have
>pissed off decide to google this cunt
>service portrait she's wearing CAR, nothing about it online
>SsGt tells me her convoy took some wide misses en route to a FOB in Afghanistan and she started spraying wildly with a .50
>wrote a letter to the CO of the FOB requesting her "honorable men get the CARs they deserve" and hand delivered it
>>
File: 1487326832382.jpg (87KB, 811x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487326832382.jpg
87KB, 811x720px
>>33069466
This is so accurate it's scary. Our SDI was refereed to as "daddy" by our other DI's and He often times acted like one. He spoke with me in private twice before my entry level separation.

I spoke with him over facebook a few months ago. Told him about how I've managed to do some good with the training I got. He told me he was glad and proud of me for pushing as hard as I could

I wana die.
>>
File: image.png (401KB, 433x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
401KB, 433x576px
>>33069997
WITH MY HAND

DONT GRAB MY HAND

LEAN FORWARD AND CHOKE YOURSELF
>>
>>33069318
Can't say what DIs are like, not a Marine. But GySgt Hartman is pretty accurate when it comes to representing what a DS is like, minus the wall to wall counselings. Makes sense considering Ermey was actually a DI.

Otherwise, I don't think I've ever seen a good
portrayal of an Army DS. Though to be fair, they're all different.

I had one with a TBI and PTSD that was off his rocker. Would just get mad at literally nothing. Week 14, he just stopped talking to us and smoked us all the time. The other DSs were pulling us aside and quietly asking what we did wrong because they didn't even know.

Another was a loud black female from Detroit. She's about exactly what you'd expect.

A couple were older, one in his 30s and another one looked at least 50. They were old school, always saying how basic has gotten soft. Ironic because they were a couple of the more laid back ones.

My favorite DS was assigned to a DS position because his wife had gotten one in another company. He didn't wanna be one. He was usually quiet and stood in the background, and he'd ask random trivia questions about the military and politics. He left early for the Special Forces Q course, then Sapper school. We had at least 16 DSs in our company, but this is dragging on

Bottom line is that under that fancy hat, Drill Sergeants are people too. Sadistic people usually, but people nonetheless. They're all a little different and have their own way of doing things.
>>
>>33070239
can you be a DI right out of basic or do you need to be like a SGT or something?
>>
>>33070010
Regardless of how true that story is, the idea of a DI demanding a magwell grip makes me retch.
>>
>>33070249
If you're asking about the Marines, I don't know. I'm Army.

But I was told it's E6 for males, E5 for females because they desperately need more female DSs. Still, I had one or two E5 male DSs. So yes, you need to be at least a sergeant.
>>
>>33070264
blast. And I ment DS. I'm about to go ARMY since the Marines didn't work out
>>
>>33069481
My buddies got slapped around, pushed onto the ground, etc by their DIs. Never outright punched, but there was plenty of physical violence. After one of them got out of sick bay and picked up another platoon, it was much more laid back.
>>
>>33070277
You're training new recruits as a DS, you need to have some experience. Give it time. Be squared away, get some shit under your belt. When the time comes, drop a packet. Minimum time in before you're eligible is 4 years, but it'd probably be longer.

What MOS?
>>
>>33069318
My drill sergeants were both funnier and scarier than gunny. at least mine were. Our senior drill sergeant had a habit of taking knife handing to a literal extreme. He would pull out a combat knife and literally point at people with it. he also held it by the blade while he was talking to us as if he was going to throw it at somebody.
>>
>>33070010
>tfw we were told not to magwell grip
>did it anyway.
shot 37/40 too.
>>
>>33070292
im looking at MP really hard right now. I still need a wavier for my recruit separation but my current order is

MP
Infantry
Firefighter
???
???

Having trouble deciding the last two.
>>
>>33070308
>Having trouble deciding the last two.
Probably something that requires no brains like your other choices?
>>
Corporals have the same training role in the British Army as American DS/DI. They're the bulk of the training staff that recruits encounter on a regular basis. They supervise, instruct and guide the recruits through the process.

They are, however, a completely different kettle of fish to the American model. Corporals are, in terms of their rank responsibility, the same as American Staff Sergeants in that they command a section (squad) and will usually have a lot of experience under their belts.

>What are the DS like in real life?
In the Infantry, the ones who were smart/cunning enough to get ahead. They're the ones you want on your side in anything. They're inventive, unpleasant, incredibly hard and will ruin your month if you cross them.
>>
>>33070322
I don't want to be behind a Desk any more then I have too. I also don't want to work with computers since I play on one every day. I want to protect people directly SO you can sit there and call my choices "no brains" When the reality of it is if I wanted to do something technical I would.
>>
>>33070308
What >>33070322 said.
I'm an MP. Maybe look into Cav Scout? I was thinking of reclassing to that, but, eh...

A lot of people say "MPs do infantry stuff all the time." We don't. We just also happen to have a lot of boomsticks. I like it because there's always something to do. Infantry goes out into the field every now and then, and then sits around and drinks. Nothing wrong with that. But if MPs aren't on some field exercise, we're doing police shit (sometimes).

I will say that promotions are a little more difficult in the MP corps because people don't seem to wanna leave. But we have our own OSUT, so the DS scene is different if that's what you really wanna do some day.
>>
>>33069318
Full metal jacket was the closest hollywood has ever been to an authentic DI/DS
>>
>>33070343
Where is the best place to go? I was hoping Alaska or Afghanistan in the hopes of a chance to guard convoys
>>
>>33070358
Best place is Germany. Best deployment, if you can call it that, seems to be Cuba.

You either love or hate Alaska. There's nothing to do, but word is they're relatively laid back there. Never been myself, so I dunno.

Good luck getting in on an Afghan deployment. Unless Trump says otherwise, we're pretty much wrapped up there. As of now, though, MPs probably have a greater chance of going than, say, infantry or some combat arms branch.
>>
>>33070377
I really apriceate the info anon. I've Been a Jailer since my separation from the corps and it's pretty damn frustrating how little we can do aswell as our deputies. My recruiter told me the rules are completely difrent for you guys and you actually have alot more authority and power then real police to the point that regular police will often not hire former MPs. He said if someone mouths off to you. you can rip their ass out of the car or whatever and throw them into the Brig. Is that recruiter BS or can you guys actually do your job?
>>
>>33070377
also why Germany?
>>
>>33070386
If you're dealing with servicemen under UCMJ, you get a little more leeway. But being a cop is being a cop. You're not allowed to go all Jack Reacher on people just because it's not a civilian job. Civilian PDs tend to stray from MPs not because we're too rough on people, but because we've already been trained a certain way. Some PDs wanna start people from scratch. Can't teach an old dog new tricks and whatnot...

If you wanna be a jailer, there's an MOS for that. 31E, cagekicker. They're not MPs, but they're part of the Military Police branch.

>>33070387
Good bar scene (especially for soldiers that aren't old enough to drink stateside), girls everywhere, just in general a great place to be. It's a nice country.

If you're lucky, the holy grail of deployments is personal security in Florida. They act as bodyguards for Generals and other VIPs when they bring their families to Disney World. You also get to go to special schools to prepare for it, which helps with promotion points.
>>
>>33070425
I will never work in a jail or any kind of corrections facility agin. Thank you for informing me of what MOS to stay from

Also That makes sense. I have no intrest in bars or women. I had no idea bout the personal security in flordia option. That'd be pretty neat. What exactly will I do in AIT?
>>
>>33070453
Something to keep in mind is that the Military corrections environment is very different from the complete shitshow that is modern, for-profit prisons.
>>
>>33070498
Regardless I want to be in a patrol car or at least moving around outside. I can't stand being in a jail.
>>
>>33069318
Anybody know if a 68w contract in the army will make me hate my life? enlistment general gave me no replies. Oh i and i got an 85 on the asvab if it matters.
>>
>>33069318
They put on a show in front of the recruits, if you get one away from the recruits and talk one on one, they are cool.
The main thing you need to remember is that they are master trolls.
>>
>>33070611
Do you have any other MOS options?
I hope they didn't tell you that was all that was open.
>>
>>33070611
>Oh i and i got an 85 on the asvab if it matters.
All that means is that you scored better than 85% of those taking the test. You need Skilled Technical (ST) : 101, General Technical (GT) : 107 in your composite scores.
>>
>>33069878
DI = Marines
DS = bitch ass army
>>
>>33070453
My bad, I'm typing this at work haha.

AIT is like an expedited police academy to an extent. Lotta classroom stuff, but also sidearm training and civilian policing stuff like simulated patrols. Second half of AIT is deployment stuff, how to act as an MP in a deployed environment. Raiding bombmakers houses, running convoys, operating POW facilities, etc. Lotta fun stuff. It's the classes and death by powerpoint that kills.

>>33070611
If you wanna be a medic, that's pretty much your only option
>>
>>33070297
>He would pull out a combat knife and literally point at people with it
literal knife hand
>>
>>33070682
Suck dick, crayon eater
>>
>>33070308
Do you have an ELS?
>>
>>33070692
Thanks mate. I just went to my recruiter and he's hopeful about my wavier. Fingers crossed. I appreciate all the info. maybe i'll see you out there one day.
>>33071656
What's that?
>>
>>33071767
Entry level seperation. Did you actually ship to boot camp?
>>
>>33071840
yes I made it to training day 45
>>
>>33071561

Sounds like someone needs to use their stress card.
>>
>>33071889
Why did you get out and what did your new recruiter say?
>>
File: 1485722828322.gif (775KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1485722828322.gif
775KB, 500x281px
>>33071945
On the morning of Rifle Qual I told my Senior I didn't want to be a marine anymore and request to be sent to RSP. I Let the pressure get to me and my senior took pitty on me I guess.

He told me If he saw some commitment he would give me a shot. I lost 9 pounds in one week so right now were working on my wavier packet.

I except responsibility for my actions. I could have continued I was just being a bitch. I refuse to accept defeat and that's why im trying the army. I was denied re entry into the corps.
>>
>>33071945
do you have one too?
>>
>>33071992
>I except responsibility for my actions.

This right here is the US military.
>>
>>33072079
Yes. I posted earlier in the thread. I'm the APFT failure that wants to get into the Navy.
>>
>>33072104
Well I wish you luck anon. apparently it's more common then we both think.
>>33072086
Do you mean this negatively or positively?
>>
>>33072138
You are dumb, nigger.
>>
>>33071767
>wavier
did you finish high school?
>>
>>33072138
I hope recruiters will take into consideration that I never quit or gave up, I lasted all 24 weeks. I just want to be a corpsman.
>>
>>33072152
*14 weeks
That's a big typo.
>>
If anyone is interested in an honest look at DIs/boot camp, check out the documentary "Ears open, eyeballs click". Its shot from a "fly on the wall" perspective with no narration or interviews and you get to see exactly what goes on. Its kinda dated now (shot in 2003 i believe) but you still get a decent idea of the mindfucks. Here's a classic clip from it:

https://youtu.be/q8MU-WjZ5nE
>>
>>33072152
What was your story exactly?

Also something to keep in mind is recruiters aren't who you have to worry about. They want to enlist people it's just often times they waste 40+ Hours of paperwork only to have someone back out or lie or whatever so they don't get anything.
>>
>>33072165
>that dead stare
>Get away before you get murdered
It's so funny now.
>>
>>33069318
I started basic in 1984, most of what I remember from them is being more annoying than anything. They never physically hurt anyone or anything like that, but would throw your stuff around all the time. A guy couldn't figure out how to make his bed, so they threw it out the window one time.

But yeah, stuff you see in the movies is pretty far from realistic, they do try and assert themselves early on though through yelling and command voicing etc.
>>
List the most creative insults you guys heard from DIs amd DSs.

I am curious on how creative these guys are.
>>
>>33072227
>Day one of forming
>Recuit standing next to me has alot of acne scars
>DI runs up "RECRUIT. YOU LOOK LIKE FUCKING SPONGEBOB"
>Chuckle through my nose
>Di looks at me "What are you laughing at!? You look like a big ass squidward"
>spend the rest of boot refering to getting IT'd as the Krusty Krab
>>
File: 1250372375562.jpg (67KB, 407x482px) Image search: [Google]
1250372375562.jpg
67KB, 407x482px
>>33072254
Oh my fuck
>>
>>33072227
>you got Down syndrome or something? Cause you always looking down
>you so smart you should work for the NASA

>hurry up, I've got a cat to feed and a wife to beat.
>there's plenty of fish in the sea and if you find one big enough you can fuck it.
>>
>>33072293
>Got one phrase you to learn to use in Germany: Schlobbin Meine Knobbin
>>
>>33070334
It's okay to not be smart. You be you!
>>
>>33069481
>Minus the physical abuse part as they are not going to punch you and choke you like Gunny does.
Oh fuck yes they will. They're not supposed to, but they absolutely will. My drill hat choked the shit out of me one night on fire watch.
>>
>>33072341
While I hate tripfags with a passion he is correct. I was chocked out twice by my heavy.
>>
>>33070303
we were taught to use the sling for stabilization and adjust hand placement as necessary for the engagement type. Still prefer to use the sling over forward grip.
>>
File: 1445649436000.jpg (45KB, 386x519px) Image search: [Google]
1445649436000.jpg
45KB, 386x519px
>>33069318
Gather round, as I tell you the tale of Air Force MTI's and how fucking neutered they've gotten.
>no longer allowed to swear at, or around trainees
>can only do twenty seconds of pushups
>can no longer touch trainees
>rain the forecast means no outside work ie no PT, no marching
>must never be alone with trainees in case of rape accusations
>punishment consists of fire drills, max of 3 times a day
>too hot? No marching, stay in the shade
>must allow ten minutes to eat
>class time can involve trailers for movies that are coming out
>can't get within one foot of trainees
>"b-but your all still warriors!"
Guy in my bmt flight left Lackland with an LOR. Instead of just kicking him out, they gave him some paperwork. Honestly it was a great preparation for Chair Force life, as nothing is expected of you, your supervisors are phoning it is as they aren't allowed to do the mission in case it hurts someone's feelings, and god forbid there's bad weather since we never go to war in places where it gets too hot or windy. We have a cold warning sent out the other day. FOR FUCKING 34 DEGREES. AN OFFICIAL "BE CAUTIOUS AND STAY INDOORS" WARNING. Because it's not like it gets cold ever, anywhere in the world.
>>
>>33072375
Technically Marine Corps DI's aren't "allowed" to swear too, just like they aren't allowed to hit recruits.
>>
>>33072381
i was told they just throw shit at you now
>>
>>33070249
In the Marines it's a B billet (holy fuck auto correct, how do you not know that fucking word?). You have to do that, or recruiting duty, or embassy security (MSG) at some point to advance in your career once you make E5 (though MSG is open to E3 I think).
>>
>>33072393
Sure about that? I knew some corporals that went e5, e6 without leaving the command.
>>
>>33072412
Depends on the MOS
>>
>>33072375
Jesus when did you go through basic? I went in 2014 and shit wasn't that bad. They couldnt swear but they could still make you PT, get in your face, etc.

Also for mission essential personnel they dont give a fuck about weather and shit. We have had people stuck at work for 3 days during a blizzard, basically they said deal with it because someone has to be on mission 24/7.
>>
>>33072426
He was comm, so I am guessing 06 something something.
>>
>>33072368
As were we, but for rifle qual we were instructed to use the forward grip. But I'm a better shot with a magwell grip, so I just did that.

>>33072375
Army DSs could also make us do only 20 pushups. I mean, there were plenty of times we were made to do more, but those were the rules on paper. If they wanted to get around it, we'd do 20, get to attention, and then do another set of 20. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Our DSs also can't touch us without permission, which we usually gave because they often only did it to unfuck us. SHARP and all that.

We also were given 10 minutes to eat. But those 10 minutes depended on how long the DS thought 10 minutes was.

A lot of this stuff just sounds like Chair Force being Chair Force.

>>33072381
The way my Senior DS explained it to us "We can swear, just not at you. We can say 'you're all fucked up,' but we can't say 'fuck you.'"
>>
>>33072455
must be an army thing. MC never taught to use the mag well (at least on any range I ever went to).
>>
>>33072455
One of our Kill hats told a recruit "That's why your whore mom has fucking cancer" (she had terminal pancreatic cancer)

We didn't see him for a few days after. SDI said he sent him home
>>
>>33072412
Yeah you can advance to E6 without a B Billet, but you won't go beyond that. If you really want to be technical all B Billets are staff NCO levels. But...well that never works in practice in the Corps because you never ever have enough people of proper rank to hold all the billets properly.
>>
File: 1437245716470.png (413KB, 464x700px) Image search: [Google]
1437245716470.png
413KB, 464x700px
>>33072254
>>
>>33072432
>>33072455
Just last year. Went in after some college because why rack up 50K in debt. It's bad, if there was even a 20% of rain we stayed in the dorm all day, couldn't have us getting wet after all. The restrictions on "MTI Tools" are religiously enforced. Rumors got around that one made their flight do one extra set of pushups, and the squadron superintendent had to go and tell everyone he was removed while they investigated and let everyone know they could report people for breaking the limit. One extra set is 20 seconds of pushups, at your own pace. Swearing? I saw MSgts get chewed out by the squadron commander because they let out a "shit" around some trainees, god forbid we hear swearing in operational. This was just under the overhangs, didn't even bother pulling him inside. So yeah, Chair Force being Chair Force, but it's paying for my college, and I got put into a medical job so free certifications out the ass too.
>>
>>33072494
Fair enough, thought you were saying you wouldnt make e6 without filling one of those. I do know that staff to gunny had some requirements, but I didnt stay in long enough to see that happen.
>>
>>33069878
TI=AF
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 206x245px
>>33072506
>>33072267
I posted this the other day but it still makes me laugh so why not

>Gas chamber day
>oh boy here we go
>Get funneled into brick building like a bunch of Jews
>As Im clearing out my mask for the 10th time I lean over to my ship buddy and say
>"If I take that mask off would you die?"
>He looses it
>laughs so hard he starts coughing
>SDI tells him to take his mask all the way off since it's so funny
>We keep having to clear our masks until he stops coughing
>MFW it was extremely painful, for me
>>
>>33072375
>class time can involve trailers for movies that are coming out
I'd call that more of a way to fuck with/tease you than an enjoyable time.

Also, if you wanted tough why'd you join the Air Force?
>>
>>33072485
They only went over it when it came to room clearing and active shooter situations, as it's easier to pivot the point of aim. I'm the MP from earlier.

>>33072487
The DI got sent home, or the recruit?

>>33072512
And I thought Army basic was easy...still thinking about going Chair Force when my contract ends.
>>
>>33072518
No, you totally can. However, SNCO promotions are highly competitive. If you intend to make a career out of it (which is pretty much assumed once you make E6) you'll want your B Billet done early.
>>
>>33072672
The DI. The recruit was an asshole and I came pretty close to punching his lights out more then once
>>
>>33069318
Fucking hilarious.
I got smoked so many times for smirking and trying to hold back a laugh when they would just rail the trainees.

I often wondered how they came up with such funny insults on the fly.
>>
>>33072672
Sure thats understandable, also lines up with my mention of choking closer to the mag well using the sling method.

>>33072681
Yeah, I know a couple that were forced out because they could get the cutting score for various reasons. Perfect PT score, good range scores, time in rank, etc... just wasnt there for them.

Navy/MC has a serious issue with advancement in a lot of areas. I was an HM (8404) and when they rolled DT's (teeth scrapers) into our MOS it was next to impossible for us to advance.
>>
>>33072705
>>>couldn't get
>>
>>33072688
That's just fucked. I mean, our company commander got fired, but that was because he was holding back people that were supposed to go home and using them for manual labor. My OSUT was a shitshow from start to finish.
>>
>>33072688
I'd be an asshole if my mom had terminal cancer.
>>
>>33072716
fair enough
>>33072713
I spent around 3 weeks in RSP doing nothing but manual labor 14+ hours a day. I wouldn't be supprised if that happened to me. Also as someone who works in a jail I can tell you RSP is the closet thing to jail I can describe. Except you have less rights and privileges
>>
>>33072688
Can you imagine being in jail basically while your mom dies?
>>
>>33072897
>Jail
Recruit training is not jail. His mom actually pulled through with a praise Jesus miricale if I remember correctly
>>
>>33070255
>Regardless of how true that story is, the idea of a DI demanding a magwell grip makes me retch.

Welcome to what is called institutional inbreeding.
>>
In High School
I had a wrestling coach that was a Ranger
he was a HUGE dude like 5'6 and 300 lbs
turns out he did steroids when he was younger
used himself as an example of why steroids are bad for you (they fucked up his thyroid and pituitary glands) but he was the most hysterical motherfucker i ever knew
>be me in Wrestling practice
>doing breakdowns Far-knee far-ankle/spiral ride/chopblock etc.
>im 205 lbs inna the "pumpkin patch"
>the corner where they send the heavyweights so we don't accidentally crush the 105 pounders
> coach being large teaches us some moves for big guys (for you) cause heavyweight are hard to move in general much less break their base
>all rights fat ass listen up because you have the upper body strength of my wife I'm gonna teach you and the rest of you butter balls the "Hip Check"
>how do you do it coach?
>You ever watch gay porn?
>what mwf
>For the top position just slam your crotch into his butt garuntee his hips will go down then get on top and start a pinning combination
>uhhhhhh
>Were embarrassed the rest of the team is laughing
>start drilling move
>no homo
>coach decides to fuck with us some more
>Come on GarlicSauce MAKE HIM FEEL YOU!!!
>we both feel violated
>SWITCH PARTNERS 2 MINUTE DRILL
>i swear to god Evan if you get a boner I'm breaking your fucking neck
>Later in college i heard he had a stroke and passed away
>March on Coach Randy you magnificent bastard
>>
>>33069903
Inb4 it was literally R. Lee Ermie
>>
>>33072138
Accept NOT except
They were being sarcastic because you used to wrong spelling.
>>
>>33070386
>>33070425
Civilian cop here.
I know two army MPs in my department.
I've seen them both do some crazy shit and I honestly wonder how they don't get more complaints.

>Be onna patrol
>Working with MP-cop because both our regular partners are out
>Catch a 16 year old punk pissing on somebody's car
>Eh, lets write him I gue-
>WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING
>Oh boy, here we go
>DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT RUNNING
>here comes the knife hand
>YOU'RE A DISGRACE, YOU'RE A SHAME, IS THIS WHAT YOUR MOTHER RAISED YOU TO DO?
>This goes on for almost 5 minutes, until the punk is snivelling with tears and snot, thoroughly convinced that he's never going to amount to anything in his life
>Drag him home to his mother
>This motherfucker transformed from being Lucifer incarnate, to being the politest, sweetest cop I've ever seen as he explains how he doesn't want Punk to fall down the wrong path, so he's letting him off with a warning
>Pretty sure that he emotionally traumatized him through sheer force of anger
10/10 would be partners with.

Big police departments generally just slap every mil with bonus points on the civil service exam, and might exempt you from the college credit requirement or waive the maximum age, and put you through their hiring and training process like any other recruit.
Small police departments, where the chief has a direct say in your hiring - MP experience can go either way. If you're going to Shitsville, they'll probably love you - if you're going to some cushy NIMBY town, probably not so much, since the local WASPs don't want their precious little angels to be knife-handed and screamed at.
>>
>>33069950
Ermey was an actual Marine DI (Staff Sgt), around the same time period portrayed in the film.
>>
>>33072375
Most of this was in response to a massive rape investigation a couple years ago. The weather stuff is because Lackland in summer kills people all the time. I think someone got bodied via heat stroke in August even with all those rules.

Before the flag conditions and hydration schedule, there was a flight that had to PT in the middle of the summer heat. They had to run with the sun beating down on them and 3 or 4 of them straight up died.

Sure, in operational, if a job needs to get done, it's getting done no matter how dangerous it is (unless, god forbid, there's a thunderstorm) but in training, it would be really pointless to run someone to death while just trying to toughen them up.

Some of the rules are still retarded but at least we don't have stress cards.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.