[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup lads, I'm going trap shooting for the first time next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: trapshooting.jpg (40KB, 560x375px) Image search: [Google]
trapshooting.jpg
40KB, 560x375px
Sup lads, I'm going trap shooting for the first time next week. Give me some pointers please.
>>
>>33066836
Dude don't be transphobic, it's 2017.
>>
File: 1486749465885.png (241KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
1486749465885.png
241KB, 500x403px
Got room for one more?

I hate fags as much as the next guy, I've never had the chance to shoot one.
>>
All the jokes going thru my head and i still just say lead and follow thru after the shot. Good luck
>>
File: 1487364175710.png (352KB, 686x576px) Image search: [Google]
1487364175710.png
352KB, 686x576px
>>33066914
>>33066871
is this where we start trap posting?
>>
>>33066836
trap shooter for 11+ years now. stick with the basics. know your shot pattern, cheek firmly planted on the stock, follow through on the bird. GL, it's a really fun "sport".
>>
File: wm_763668.jpg (543KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
wm_763668.jpg
543KB, 2272x1704px
I'm mostly a skeet and sporting clays guy, but the basics translate.

Fit is first. Make sure you can shoulder the gun with your eyes closed and when you open them you're looking right down the rib.

Next (and this is going to be pretty hard if youre coming from rifle shooting) watch the bird not your gun. If your fit is right your shot is going to follow your eyes.

One of the hardest things for newbies to grasp is that you don't stop when you take your shot. My instructor told me "Shoot the pieces". This means you keep the barrel moving even after you fire. There's probably some pseudo science out there about the shot-string and continuous movement. All I know is if you're following the pieces of a broken clay you probably didn't stop.

Lastly, if you can, just relax. Get your stance right, get your gun shouldered, then relax everything that isnt directly doing those two things. The fewer muscles you have fighting each other, the easier it is to stay smooth and on target (at least for me).

Get out there and grind some dust, I really hope you hate it. otherwise you just picked up an expensive habit and your wifes sewing room is about to have a lot of guns and reloading equipment in it.
>>
>>33067189
Not even OP, but that was a cracking tale Chap.

I picked up 4 shutguns for AUD $200 recently, and I don't really have a use for them. Might check this out.

Thanks.
>>
>>33067238
Ausfag?
If so how the fuck did you get 4 shotgats for $200?
Or are they just really cheap/shit single shots?
>>
>>33069744
Deceased estates. Parents neighbour and Friend's Dad died. Respective families wanted nothing to do with guns, could not get rid of them quick enough.

Yes, they were shit, but that $200 included transfer fees from the cops.

There's a single barrell .410 I'm gonna paint with pink VHT for my 7 yr old daughter. She's gotta start somewhere.
>>
>>33069772
Actually, I tell a lie.
I got for $350 AUD:
1x single .410
1x double .410
1x single 12G
1x Double 12G
1x .303 with bayonet

That price included PTAs and transfer fees.

Yes, I just expended my lifetime supply of luck.
>>
>>33069772
>>33069812
Holy shit mate
I wish I had your luck, I'm still scraping money together looking for a cheap but functional .22
>>
>>33066836
>I'm going trap shooting for the first time next week.
What discipline?

If DTL, hold on the top of the traphouse and push up through the clay as it rises.

From the left-most peg the birds will vary between an rising bird quartering left to a straight rising going-away, so hold on the left corner of the traphouse roof. From the right-most peg the opposite applies. on the centre peg the birds could be anything from a slight left to a slight right, so hold on the centre.

The bird is rising so, if your gun shoots point-of-aim, push through, blot the bird, pull the trigger and keep the gun moving. if you miss, the second shot will probably be on a flat or dropping bird (depending on your reaction time) so shoot at or slightly under it.

Have fun.
>>
>>33067189
Thanks anon
>>
File: 0805_braque_francais_text.jpg (263KB, 730x552px) Image search: [Google]
0805_braque_francais_text.jpg
263KB, 730x552px
>>33066836
You don't need pointers for trap shooting. But when you are ready to go after birds, I'd recommend a Pyreneian type French Braque.

>excellent quality working lines
>superior aesthetics
>>
> Call bird
> See bird
> Shoot bird
>>
>>33066836
Lead your shots. If you just follow the target without thinking of where the pellets will go, you'll likely miss (unless of course it's flying straight away from you).
>>
>>33070685
bad advise, its better to "throw" the pellets, aka move the shotgun fast over the target and pulling the trigger when the clay is in sights. your reaction + gun, will provide the lead.
beginners that focus too much on the lead, tend to become static
>>
>>33066931
He did say the t word.
>>
>>33070454
My parents have a Braque Francais, she is a beauty, a sweetie, a great bird dog, and the neediest animal I've ever met
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.