[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barrel length doesn't seem like nearly as much of a problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Chode-250.jpg (3MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Chode-250.jpg
3MB, 2592x1936px
Barrel length doesn't seem like nearly as much of a problem for concealed carry as grip length, since it's the butt of the grip that causes the majority of printing. So how come you don't see more guns set up like pic related with longer barrels but compact grips? Seems like it would improve accuracy and recoil control.
>>
>>33060797
because its uncomfortable as shit to shoot since you cant get a good grip on the thing. if you are going to give a bunch of shit to make the gun smaller you want it to be small
>>
Because nerds want to try about "muh balance" since they hold their guns more than they actually shoot them.

This is a pretty good question considering a lot of the shorter guns such as the Shield/G43 benefit from having a longer holster.
>>
>>33060836
How is it harder to get a grip on the exact same pistol just because it has a longer barrel?
>>
File: 1487050129565.jpg (70KB, 1024x742px) Image search: [Google]
1487050129565.jpg
70KB, 1024x742px
>>33060869
people who are willing to compromise grip length for a compact ccw gun want a compact gun. the fullsize slide makes it not compact.
your going to find weirdos who want stuff like this but the average person wont
>>
>>33060869
Your pinky finger hangs off the bottom, which is why you should train to fire by only gripping with the thumb, middle, and index fingers. Hickok45 shoots like this.
>>
>>33060904
That's not answering the question. People want a concealable gun. The fullsize slide doesn't make it less concealable, and gives you a longer sight radius with more velocity behind the bullet and less muzzle flip.

>>33060912
Everyone knows that. Has nothing to do with the barrel length though.
>>
>>33060904
I really don't think you understand what OP is trying to say.

The length of a gun(within reason) doesn't really effect ease of carry when carried on the hip.

What does make a huge difference is "height" or length of the Grip.

OP is asking why people don't use guns with smaller grips but full sized slides.

I'd say this is primarily a balance issue and to a much less degree, aesthetics.
>>
>>33060797
ppl have been cutting G19 frames to G26 size for a long long time mate. And all of it is a meme, the added benefit of the G19 barrel length is miniscule.

t. guy who actually ran a cut down G19 in 2010ish
>>
>>33060797
> smaller handle = weaker grip on the weapon
> longer slide = more weight moving
> more weight moving = reduced control over the weapon
> reduced control = you need a better grip

aside from that, if you're using your carry gun as a defensive weapon (as intended) it's unlikely you'll have to take a shot beyond 20-30 yards, rendering the additional barrel length dead weight as far as the improved range goes

the one point it would definitely have is to boost velocity and reduce the chances of ammo failing to expand

if you're so interested in additional barrel length at the cost of capacity, why not carry a 4" .357 mag?
>>
>>33060941
i dont think you understand what im trying to say. if someone is willing to put in the effort to carry a fullsize gun they are willing to deal with the grip length.
if someone wants a compact gun they want a compact gun.

a fullsize slide with a minimal grip isnt appealing to the average person. no sane company would bother marketing one.
>>
>>33061072
Fair enough
>>
>>33061072
>if someone is willing to put in the effort to carry a fullsize gun they are willing to deal with the grip length
nice assertion
>>
>>33060941
>longer slide/barrel
Are you trying to pop someone 50yards away with your ccw?
I get sight radius and maybe weight-recoil but the added velocity really doesn't seem like a big aspect considering you're not shooting from afar with a handgun in a stressful situation out in public. Not to mention most people carry hotter loaded SD rounds.
>>
>>33060858
>holding a gun more than shooting it

Unless you have some weird bench vice thing, it is impossible not to do this.
>>
>>33060797
A full size P250 slide on a P320 subcompact grip..
>>
>>33063099
it's a P250 subcompact grip too
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
>>33060797

Don't worry op. I got you. It shoots too
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.