[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like having different caliber guns and I have nothing in .45

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1381026921947.jpg (100KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1381026921947.jpg
100KB, 640x480px
I like having different caliber guns and I have nothing in .45 ACP. I also need a CC gun.
I'm 6'5", /fit/ and 207 lbs.
Is a skinny 1911 or some compact gun my best option for .45 carry?
Please don't try to sell me on a different caliber.
>>
>>33058693
im 5'9" stocky, and I carry a 1911. Either small of back or shoulder holster if im wearing a jacket. I recommend stainless steel if youre carrying, otherwise if you got your pic related, the bluing would wear off to a dull gray.

Brand wise, for a stock gun, Colt is fine. Especially if you decide to go for the compact size. They have a couple of new variations that are interesting to me, but I would stick with a non railed 1911 if youre carrying it daily.

Springfield is also nice if you want more than a stock gun, but its spendy.

If you can find a ww1 reproduction like your pic related, I would recommend that, get the aniverssary III model. It has a black oxide finish that wont put you off when it gets holster wear. The reason I recommend this particular model is because of the sights. They are the super tiny GI sights that are so small they cant snag on anything.
>>
File: IMG_1138.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1138.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I carry a full size 1911. 5'11 165lb. Get a good hybrid holster and you should be fine once you figure out where to carry it. I have an aliengear set to ride as high as possible, with the shortest spacers on the left side to press the grip into my back.

It's not comfortable. It's heavy, the grip digs into your back and you've got to always be aware of the grip when you sit down, crouch, stand up, etc. it doesn't print if im standing but if I bend my back the grip stands right out. A heavy duty gun belt is a must for a 1911

I love my 1911 but it is a retarded carry gun. I just happen to spend my money on other projects because a dedicated carry gun is super low priority for me.
>>
>>33058762
Thanks man. Do you feel the slimness of a 1911 makes it a better option than some compacts (like a cz 75 b compact or glock 30 or Springfield XD compact) that have smaller length x height dimensions?
>>33058772
So I guess it would be fair to say you don't recommend a full size 1911, despite it's relative slimness?
>>
>>33058693
Just go buy it, shitlord.
>>
>>33058826
It's slim but it's still a big gun. 5" barrel and its tall and heavy. It's stupid as a carry gun and I honestly don't know why you would want one for the sole purpose of carrying. Get a nice 1911 for shooting, then get a glock 42/43 for carry.
>>
>>33058826
NVM, i'm dumb, there is no CZ compact in 45
>>
>>33058849
Buy what?
I had heard that the slimness of the 1911 made up fro it's full size status in the CC world and I just wanted to see if that was true at all.
>>
>>33058826
In terms of comfort when carrying the gun, I would say that shoulder holster is highly recommended. If you wear button ups, or a sport coat, or jackets, the gun will not print.

Now, with IWB at small of back, the guns grip is long and angled in a way that it will always print when sitting down. It will always be an issue because this is an issue with every full size handgun.

I am always wearing a sport coat, or some kind of jacket, so I am almost always wearing a shoulder holster. Most of the time, my gun is either in my holster when im out an about, or in my glove box when im at work or out drinking. In the summer, I sometimes wear a baggy button up and have the shoulder holster under that(look up die hard 3 how bruce willis carries in the beggining of the movie). Even when I go to the beach I either have it in the car, or in a bag(if I know someone is watching our stuff).

I used to carry a P64, which is a PPK clone, but even that printed when I would sit, and thats a sub compact. I wear dress type pants daily, so its obvious im printing when I have the gun tucked in my small of back. The pants start to crease like I got a stick up my ass.

So pretty much, if youre wearing jeans or something thick everyday, you could get away with carrying small of back, any size gun. If you look at lethal weapon, the tv show, one of the detectives carries a full size beretta small of back, so thats a good reference to see how it will look. Or look at beverly hills cop, and see how they used to carry without a holster.
>>
>>33058963
Thank you for that very detailed summary of full size carry.
I like tee shirts in the summer so I'm looking at the Springfield XD-S 3.3 inch.
>>
>>33058999
XDS is a good carry gun. An alternative would be glock 43, or one of kel tecs guns. If you want to stick with single stack.

I like my P64 since it has a classic PPK look without the retarded new beavertail. My friend carries a glock43 and he hasnt had any issues. My roomates all have XDS mod 2s. The guy has it in 45, and his wife and her friend have them in 9mm. I have retarded hands, and only single stack guns feel right. The kel tecs feel like toy guns, and are super light, so look into that if you want.
>>
>>33058693
it depends on what youre looking for. Whats you "best option" might not be mine.
A 1911 is an ok carry gun despite what people may say. Its just a niche gun. SAO, single stack, external safety. That is different from say a USP, that DA/SA and double stack

if you want a .45 you have a few options, maybe not as many as 9mm or even .40 but you should explore
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.